Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Unread 05-11-2018, 11:02 PM   #8116
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

Got my badge in the mail on Tuesday!

Also, that general on-sale for Aqours tickets was quite the mess (keeping the language PG)...glad I was able to get a loge ticket in the center section, though I didn't care where I sat as long as I got to see Aqours

FB: The Casual Otaku

Upcoming Cons/Events

Ronin Expo
Anime Expo
PMX
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2018, 06:32 AM   #8117
monodistortion

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duque View Post
Does anyone know if DTLA has bike rental such as Lime Bike and Mobike? DTSD is littered with their bikes everywhere, which may be good for Comic Con later on this year. It's only a $1 to rent and it's good for those who are staying hotels far away such as the Westin, International (Wilshire), and Sheraton.
There are bikes around downtown LA now. I've never used one but I think it's run by LA Metro.

https://bikeshare.metro.net/
monodistortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2018, 03:52 PM   #8118
El_Duque
miyoshi82

Got my badge more than a week after it was mailed out since UPS gave it to the wrong post office and had to re-routed to the right one.

Also, did anyone enjoy the headache that was trying to get tickets for Aqours and Japan Super Live over the weekend?
Interested in joining our ranks? Click on the links above.

Youtube
Twitter
Con History
Anime Los Angeles 2011-2013, 2015, 2016
Anime Expo 2006-2011, 2015-present
Wondercon - 2013, 2015-present
San Diego Comic Con 1994-present
Comikaze Expo 2011, 2013-2016
Long Beach Comic Con 2009-2012
Anime Conji 2010-2015
Hanadoki Con 2015-2016
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 10:08 PM   #8119
NeoStrayCat
Cat Person! :3

Well, the badge mailing should continue for those that haven't gotten theirs yet.

Either way, AX has now uploaded its new revised weapons policy. However, the only thing that sucks now is signs are banned...again. >.>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1GNMdDfarM
NeoStrayCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2018, 11:44 PM   #8120
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duque View Post
Got my badge more than a week after it was mailed out since UPS gave it to the wrong post office and had to re-routed to the right one.

Also, did anyone enjoy the headache that was trying to get tickets for Aqours and Japan Super Live over the weekend?
Oh that was fun dealing with the chaos that was trying to get tickets for Aqours, but I was able to get a decent seat so I'm happy. Didn't take part in the madness that was the Japan Super Live ticket sales since that lineup really doesn't interest me much

FB: The Casual Otaku

Upcoming Cons/Events

Ronin Expo
Anime Expo
PMX
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2018, 11:45 PM   #8121
Spog

So, this is a thing we have to deal with now.

https://twitter.com/ElfGrove/status/...279568385?s=19
Spog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2018, 05:06 PM   #8122
monodistortion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spog View Post
So, this is a thing we have to deal with now.

https://twitter.com/ElfGrove/status/...279568385?s=19
I looked at the map and read through her tweets. I hope it isn't going to be as bad as she makes it out.

1. Most people have pre-registered and will already have their badge mailed to them. I don't think registration will be very bad. It's kind of a bummer for cosplay gatherings that use site 6 since the new site 6 is in the trees area where there's normally a crowd of people hanging out in the shade.

2. The new shuttle bus pickup/drop off area could be a traffic jam, but I'm hoping the con planned for that. West Rd., just south of the movie theater is pretty small and at peak times with buses and long lines they'll probably have to close off the street. From what I remember Chick Hearn Ct. is closed between Microsoft and Staples during the day already.

I normally ride the Metro blue line so the shuttle isn't a big deal for me.
monodistortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2018, 04:01 AM   #8123
Mucai
Magical Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by monodistortion View Post
2. The new shuttle bus pickup/drop off area could be a traffic jam, but I'm hoping the con planned for that.
That's cute. You think AX is even capable of thinking of such things? They can't even fix the actual reasons for the problems last year, instead doing things that create more problems.

AX has been creating safety problems for years, and refuse to do anything about it. (eg main events line blocking auto opening fire exit doors - if the fire alarms go off while anyone is in a line for main events, people will be getting injured).
Last year, people were being prevented from leaving the building at times, while they also locked some exits while 60,000+ people were in the building.

I highly doubt that AX will think about the logistics or consequences of something like moving something like the shuttle stops. It isn't even something that would occur to them to think about.

Their thinking process about this likely went:
"we want to move reg to the plaza"
"that means we have to move the shuttles"
"oh... well how about move them there?" *points to empty looking spot near/on a road*
Mucai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2018, 04:07 AM   #8124
Mucai
Magical Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tweed View Post
So this year AX is mailing out badges. If it was any other event that would lead to short lines or no lines, but I am confident that AX will find a way to screw it up. I'll bet the line, even with badges, is at least an hour.
Mailing out badges is a terrible idea. Ignoring the many problems it creates on the operational side of the event, for many people, it just because an extra cost for no gain when they get charged for shipping and AX refuses to ship it to them. The fact that they only ship the badge, and you still have to go line up to collect everything else (bag, program book, lanyard, etc) makes the entire thing a waste of time and money.
Mucai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2018, 12:04 PM   #8125
OoTLink

I do think the shipping should be refundable if they can't/fail to ship you the badge. OTOH, I like the idea. I'll probably bring my own lanyard for the first day, and if the lines are ridiculous at the check-in, great.. I can just go get that stuff later.

For $7 they could have mailed everything else too, though. It would have been better. They could have even sold more tickets early on if they guaranteed better goodies. However, I imagine that's really difficult since eventbrite is only the ticket vendor.

-shrug- I'm looking forward to this year. Unfortunately there's a lot going on in my life right now so I doubt I'll be able to do ANYTHING new as far as cosplay goes. But I've still got a couple of costumes and can't wait!
OoTLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2018, 09:38 PM   #8126
El_Duque
miyoshi82

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoTLink View Post
I do think the shipping should be refundable if they can't/fail to ship you the badge. OTOH, I like the idea. I'll probably bring my own lanyard for the first day, and if the lines are ridiculous at the check-in, great.. I can just go get that stuff later.

For $7 they could have mailed everything else too, though. It would have been better. They could have even sold more tickets early on if they guaranteed better goodies. However, I imagine that's really difficult since eventbrite is only the ticket vendor.

-shrug- I'm looking forward to this year. Unfortunately there's a lot going on in my life right now so I doubt I'll be able to do ANYTHING new as far as cosplay goes. But I've still got a couple of costumes and can't wait!
SDCC mails their badge in a nice little box with only a commemorative pin and a small booklet. The point is that you can use your own lanyard to be unique if you want. Besides the lanyards I get from other events and booths tend to be better quality than the ones they give you when you pick up your goodies.
Interested in joining our ranks? Click on the links above.

Youtube
Twitter
Con History
Anime Los Angeles 2011-2013, 2015, 2016
Anime Expo 2006-2011, 2015-present
Wondercon - 2013, 2015-present
San Diego Comic Con 1994-present
Comikaze Expo 2011, 2013-2016
Long Beach Comic Con 2009-2012
Anime Conji 2010-2015
Hanadoki Con 2015-2016
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2018, 11:45 PM   #8127
OoTLink

Getting tickets for SDCC is quite an accomplishment in itself! XD
OoTLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #8128
Alyssa3467
Holographic Kitty

As expensive as the badges are, they really should include shipping in the price. Eventbrite lets them do that, but they deliberately chose not to. "Oh, we didn't raise badge prices! Eventbrite is the evil company charging the processing and shipping fees!"
Alyssa3467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2018, 12:11 AM   #8129
Spog

It was hot today. Anyone know if they will ever upgrade the AC inside the convention? So much BO...
Unread 07-10-2018, 12:06 AM   #8130
Spog

Did they ever announce attendance for this years con?