Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 09-17-2005, 04:59 AM   #196
Jaina Solo
Rurouni Jedi

Absolutely. The best thing you can do is just go shopping and dig through a bunch of patterns until you find something that will work! Good luck!

Unread 09-20-2005, 10:11 PM   #197
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina Solo
In my honest opinion, you will be far less recognizable in a lesser-seen costume; if you were to do the blue-jacketed Aya, you would probably be recognized by the hardcore Furuba fans, but casual watchers of the show would probably only recognize the red-coated Aya. When you think about it, Aya is a white-haired bishounen who wears classy clothes; how many other 34528903485230457 bishounen are out there who fall in that same exact category? Which means that even hardcore viewers of the show might not recognize you.

If you want to do the blue jacket, then you should. But if you're only doing the blue jacket because you don't want to be one more red-jacketed Aya, maybe you should try a different approach. How about using a different type of fabric, instead of plain red cotton? Satin, velvet, brocade... All these types of fabric are different enough that they will set you apart from the other Ayames, especially if you do it very well. For my boyfriend's red-jacketed Ayame, it's made out of red velvet, and completely lined with a silky red brocade. IMO, it's a very stunning jacket simply because of the fabrics used, and I hope that it will set him apart from the other Ayas we are bound to run into.
Very true, thank you for the advice. I tend to use fabric that's odd anyway, simply because certain fabrics don't look right on me because I'm plus-sized. For my Thief King costume, I used a fabric that did NOT exist in Ancient Egypt, but it looks a lot better than cotton would have! it's a jersey blend of some sort. Very comfy and warm.

I'm thinking I'll do the red jacket simply because I love red. Plus, his blue one's too... dull for Ayame. Flaming, blazing red is more what the character SHOULD wear.
Evelyn (The Mummy 1999)
Haru (Persona 5)
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2005, 12:38 AM   #198
Jaina Solo
Rurouni Jedi

Well, if it makes you feel better, remember this:

Ayames is popular enough that you could probably count on running into maybe one or two other Ayas at a con. However, he isn't NEARLY as popular as Naruto, so if you were a Naruto cosplayer, you can count on running into AT LEAST 10 other Narutos (nothing against Naruto cosplayers)--but that sure doesn't seem to stop people from cosplaying as him!
Unread 09-21-2005, 12:47 AM   #199
Natchan
Dare to Live

I'm going as Kagura for anime Vegas, Yay!
Natchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2005, 02:16 PM   #200
seira-chan
I'm not QUITE dead...

Quote:
hailo
For Momiji's pink shirt, I just a row of box pleats on the bottom. It turned out very fluffy and cute. What his shirt actually has is a row of box pleat inserts, which are VERY hard to make, I used that technique on my Kagura dress and it was a nightmare! So I would suggest just sewing a row of cute box pleats on the bottom.

And bias tape works best for every unifrom. Nice and easy to use.
Thank you so much! I hadn't even thought of the pleats for that! Oooh! That'll be so cute! Though I have a kind of knit fabric for it - would that work OK? But about those inserts... The skirt I'm making is from a cheerleader pattern, and it has them. They looked fairly easy... are they not so easy?

Bias tape - do you fold it over and just apply it like that? I'm still a newb, so I thought it was only for edging!

Costumes made: Madison/Tomoyo AMA4, Kamiya Kaoru AMA5, Poe Merchant AMA6, Alucard (Girlycard) AMA 8

Currently: Tweaking Girlycard for Nekocon - the wig, darts in the jacket, pants... and I need red eyes. And a Tommy gun.
seira-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2005, 09:58 AM   #201
hailo
oh man, I'm fancy.

Yep bias tape works just like that. You fold it over the edge and sew it down.

I think your knit will pleat fine, the only fabric i have found that doesn't pleat is pleather and vinyl. When I made inserts I didn't have a pattern, if you have a pattern then I say give it a try. When I made them they were box pleate inserts, I'm not sure if that's different from your pattern, but I had a hard time with them. Your pattern might have an easy way to do them though. I say try it, you never know unitl you do.
Unread 10-02-2005, 05:21 PM   #202
GiaKohana
Lady of the Western Lands

Well...I'm doing a lesser known Ayame costume -- I did one of the red ones from the artbook last year, now I'm working on his lavender outfit from the cover of Volume 9. Should be fun!
GiaKohana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2005, 06:48 PM   #203
inu-chan00
"I want to EAT the world"

Im definately considering getting a Kyo cosplay done.
Though im not particually fond of his school uniform or slack off clothes very much ;___;

so for me id either be his pretty chinease outfit http://www.linsdomain.com/otherworld...kyosohma-1.jpg
Or....stuff myself in a big CAT SUIT! ;D
Yue (CCS)
cosplays.

Please PM me for more information!
inu-chan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #204
seira-chan
I'm not QUITE dead...

Giant cat suit! How cute!! I say go for that one, except it would be pretty warm in there!

Thanks for the words of encouragement hailo. ^_^ Cosplay onward!

Costumes made: Madison/Tomoyo AMA4, Kamiya Kaoru AMA5, Poe Merchant AMA6, Alucard (Girlycard) AMA 8

Currently: Tweaking Girlycard for Nekocon - the wig, darts in the jacket, pants... and I need red eyes. And a Tommy gun.
seira-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #205
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

*pops in to revive thread*

Hello there! I just started watching Furuba, and I'm absolutly in love with it...I'm wondering, does anyone have pictures of the Zodiac Banquet outfit that both Momiji and Yuki had to wear? ( I want to make it for Momiji...)

Also, the Prince!Momiji from the episode where Tohru, Momiji, Yuki, and Kyo went to the hot springs for White Day, please.

^.^ I know there are alot of Furuba cosplayers out there, so I'd like to try something that hasn't been done before..
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2006, 12:24 PM   #206
Scoti
Lv. 99

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is there two versions of Momiji’s outfit or is the orange one he’s wearing with Hatori for another event?

http://www.angelicvoice.net/~furuba/...ri-Momiji2.jpg
Anime: http://candied.dhak.net/happyhour.jpg

Prince Momiji: http://nekochan.cupped-expressions.n...ji-prince2.jpg

Different version? http://nekochan.cupped-expressions.n...ji-prince1.jpg

That’s all I can find
Unread 02-13-2006, 12:46 PM   #207
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

^.^ I did mean the one where Momiji was the typical western prince..it's just so cute!

The orange one is another event...it's not for the Zodiac Banquet...at least not in the anime.

Thanks, Scoti!
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2006, 09:52 AM   #208
Lady Subaru

The orange one is for the Zodiac Banquet in the Manga.
Unread 02-14-2006, 05:34 PM   #209
Second Angel
OH BABY.

I crossplayed Kyou!

It was fun, but it was probably the biggest wardrobe mistake I've ever made. Ever, ever. Like, PAIN, man.

Anyway, I didn't have a proper wig so it was pretty craptacular and my shirt was too big, but all my local anime buddies thought it was cool. I was thinking of doing Kyou for Anime Weekend Atlanta this year, but I'm just so obsessed with Bleach right now. x.x;

I do recommend doing Kyou, however. It's really a very inexpensive costume. I bought my "Kyou-pants" at a ghetto store around here and made some straps to hang off. Very friendly on my poor, poor impoverished artist-ness. Yes.
Second Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2006, 09:42 PM   #210
natsukoarts
wanker? yes, please...

edited - more below
aUSA sanzo. trowa. jessie (poke-crack). ghetto-suzu. yuki.

Last edited by natsukoarts : 02-15-2006 at 03:15 PM.
natsukoarts is offline   Reply With Quote