penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
"Icelandic elf sex"
Now you're speaking my language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
Penners is writing fiction about all of us...
CORRECTION: I'm writing about me, Loli, the kid who wrote the magical letter, and VeroNightshade. Whether or not anyone else gets included later on depends on what sort of favors they're willing to do for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
I don't know why I like boats.
I could think of a couple of reasons. Most of them involve Metaphors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I forgot what an amazing movie Metropolis was.
Metropolis is WEIRD. AS. HELL.

Quote:
I found this cake, it reminds me of Penny.
It'd be a cold day in hell before I made a cake with that much pink in it, but I have been meaning to try a gradient cake for a while. Maybe next time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Personally I just find covering the cake in a flat layer of frosting to be the hardest part.
I find that hard, too; I can never get it as smooth as I want. It always looks like stucco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Spent way too long trying to change my avatar to a picture of a gnome vomiting a rainbow.
WTF happened with Ewing's Facebook, anyway?

I'm really sorry for people who don't have biscuits in their lives. Like warm, fresh-from-the-oven biscuits. With butter and honey. Or a slice of smoked ham and a smear of mustard. Or fried chicken. Or just on their own, and they crumble all over but you lick your finger and use it to pick up all the crumbs just so you don't miss one single speck of deliciousness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Isn't one of them just a bowl of sugar with milk in it?
Yeah, that one's called 3/4s of the Cereal Aisle. It's very popular here in the States.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #48048
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

lollygagging

lolly gagging
y/
lolli
l/
=
Loli Gagging

_____
HOT

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #48049
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
WTF happened with Ewing's Facebook, anyway?

I'm really sorry for people who don't have biscuits in their lives. Like warm, fresh-from-the-oven biscuits. With butter and honey. Or a slice of smoked ham and a smear of mustard. Or fried chicken. Or just on their own, and they crumble all over but you lick your finger and use it to pick up all the crumbs just so you don't miss one single speck of deliciousness.
A combination of Ewing-luck and Facebook servers being shit, and some of them falling victim to that government DNS thing some people were concerned about on Sunday night. It's deleted for now, until FB can fix the error. Sean is anything but pleased.

Also fried chicken + biscuits is legit.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #48050
Lithium Flower
Handphones

It wasn't really the pink that reminded me of you, but the style of the cake. It would be pretty in blue or purple I think. I don't mind the pink, but it's a little too much for my taste.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #48051
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Stop it PD, you're making me hungry. Now I want biscuits and fried chicken...

Quote:
It wasn't really the pink that reminded me of you, but the style of the cake. It would be pretty in blue or purple I think. I don't mind the pink, but it's a little too much for my taste.
OMG! I would love to see that cake in purple. In case y'all haven't guessed already, purple is my favorite color. Maybe I can get that cake for my birthday next year in purple.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #48052
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I've never had biscuits with honey, Penners. I don't know why it never occurred to me before..My favorite biscuits are the 'flaky layers' Grands biscuits because I wiggle my knife in between the layers that come apart easily and shove lots of butter in them.

Purple cake for all!

Speaking of food, here's my super delicious lunch with recipes. Scroll down the block of text to get the recipe.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #48053
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
If you are in America and don't eat Lucky Charms, then you are a lunatic.
I am in America. I don't eat Lucky Charms. I assure you, I am sane. I just don't like sugary cereals. Even that Honey Nut stuff is too sweet for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I don't like lucky charms... Or trix. I went on a rice Krispy kick a bit ago. But I wasnt allowed sugary cereal when I was a kid so I never developed a taste for it. Except for fruit loops. But never in milk, only dry.
My kids were allowed to have sugary cereals for dessert. They liked dry Fruit Loops too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
I also love jam. :0
I never liked jam until I had Bonne Maman. Their Strawberry and Cherry Preserves are incredible.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #48054
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

When looking for fruit preserves at the store, I read the label carefully because a lot of them contain artificial sweeteners which I find to have a horrible aftertaste.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #48055
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
A combination of Ewing-luck and Facebook servers being shit, and some of them falling victim to that government DNS thing some people were concerned about on Sunday night. It's deleted for now, until FB can fix the error. Sean is anything but pleased.
His life, man. His life.

Quote:
It would be pretty in blue or purple I think.
It would; I'd do aqua, fuchsia, or gray, just because those are colors I really like.

Quote:
I've never had biscuits with honey, Penners. I don't know why it never occurred to me before..My favorite biscuits are the 'flaky layers' Grands biscuits because I wiggle my knife in between the layers that come apart easily and shove lots of butter in them.
When I was little, my mother would make us Grands and serve them to us with butter and honey. I don't know why, but we called them "doggy biscuits".

Quote:
Speaking of food, here's my super delicious lunch with recipes. Scroll down the block of text to get the recipe.
That looks really good, but I gotta tell you, it's Caprese, not Caprice. Caprese means "from Capri", where the salad was popularized. Caprice means "whimsicality" or "sudden, unpredictable change". I mean, if your salad is especially whimsical or you randomly swap ingredients every time you make it, I guess it could be described as capricious.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #48056
BisectedBrioche
Green Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
When looking for fruit preserves at the store, I read the label carefully because a lot of them contain artificial sweeteners which I find to have a horrible aftertaste.
Seriously? I'd have thought those would be more expensive than just making them with sugar.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%) Sheik (?)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #48057
Lithium Flower
Handphones

@Penny: LULS I didn't even notice it, I have this auto-correct spell check on my computer and it probably didn't recognize 'Caprese'.(my mom used to say it 'ca-pre-see I wonder if that's correct.) Imma see if I can change it without it auto-correcting. I've had to had half a dozen words to this spell checks database in the last month alone.

...........Though the sammach is whimsical.

I want you to make that cake Penny, make it for us. Make it for the better of man-kind.

Edit: So instead of Caprice I got 'caprise' which is still marked as incorrect in the spell check but it didn't correct it. I have to copy and paste 'Caprese' into everything unless I add the word to the dictionary. LOL WUT.

Edit 2: Tumblr won't let me change the spelling of the word without me deleting the whole word and re-typing it.

FUCK YOU 'Caprese' AND THIS WITCHCRAFT.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 07-10-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #48058
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Seriously? I'd have thought those would be more expensive than just making them with sugar.
I don't know about the price but finding natural preserves made with just the juice from the fruit and no added sugar or sweeteners would definitely cut down on calorie intake.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #48059
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
I don't know about the price but finding natural preserves made with just the juice from the fruit and no added sugar or sweeteners would definitely cut down on calorie intake.
It would seem like you'd be eating a lot of unnecessary extra flavor too, overpowering the natural taste of the fruit and it's natural sweetness with piles of fake sugar taste on top :/

I started adding water to some of the juice drinks I had as a kid and it's insane how much better they taste with less overpowering sugar sweetness.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #48060
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
@Penny: LULS I didn't even notice it, I have this auto-correct spell check on my computer and it probably didn't recognize 'Caprese'.(my mom used to say it 'ca-pre-see I wonder if that's correct.)
If you're Italian or just obnoxious, I think it's something like "ca-pray-zay". "Ca-pre-see" is definitely an Italian-American way to say it.

Quote:
FUCK YOU 'Caprese' AND THIS WITCHCRAFT.
Fuck auto-correct. Fuck integrated dictionaries that only recognize a narrow parameter of English words and assume everything else is nonsense.

EDIT: I'm sorry I'm being so obnoxious today, but actually adding sugar activates pectin in fruit, which allows everything to become jelly-like when it cools. You can add pectin when there's not enough in the fruit (or vegetable, or whatever) already, but not all of it is naturally-derived. This is something I learned when making jam this weekend! Although I do agree many jams, jellies, and whatnot available in the supermarket have too much gross stuff in them. And I almost always water down my juice.

Last edited by penny_dreadful : 07-10-2012 at 02:34 PM.