Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 06-16-2018, 04:49 PM   #46
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

I'll have a better idea by September.

I'm currently working on Boris the Wolf for FanExpo and my Sakizou Ms Anniversary is an ongoing project that I might push back to Costume con 38... She feels like enough details it in for costume con masters. lol

I'm for sure either bringing back Rose Quartz or Boris the Wolf one of the days. Lol (Unless there is another casual indie game/anime I want to cosplay from, DDLC was this year but didn't have the time for it).

My friend is looking to book Thursday to Monday so that she can relax during the con weekend she usually only want 3 days, but she wants to chillax for some of the con.

I loved to have a 4-day Anime North over 4-days of Fan Expo ANY DAY! I feel like I never get to do enough during the 3 days at Anime North (I end up missing a lot of panels) and Fan Expo there is so much dead time between things I want to do. lol

Anime North '18
Draculaura collector doll 2015 - FRI
Steven Universe - Rose Quartz SAT - & SUN

FanExpo '18
Rose Quartz
Boris the Wolf

Future cosplays/cons:
Sakizou Ms. Anniversary - (AN 2019 or Costume-con 38)
Lagertha - Vikings, Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2018, 07:30 PM   #47
Zoeyromanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARPAINTandUnicorns View Post
I'll have a better idea by September.

I'm currently working on Boris the Wolf for FanExpo and my Sakizou Ms Anniversary is an ongoing project that I might push back to Costume con 38... She feels like enough details it in for costume con masters. lol

I'm for sure either bringing back Rose Quartz or Boris the Wolf one of the days. Lol (Unless there is another casual indie game/anime I want to cosplay from, DDLC was this year but didn't have the time for it).

My friend is looking to book Thursday to Monday so that she can relax during the con weekend she usually only want 3 days, but she wants to chillax for some of the con.

I loved to have a 4-day Anime North over 4-days of Fan Expo ANY DAY! I feel like I never get to do enough during the 3 days at Anime North (I end up missing a lot of panels) and Fan Expo there is so much dead time between things I want to do. lol
I feel the same; I find Fan Expo to be kinda anticlimactic. Though that could be simply because I went on a Thursday last year, which obviously even to me as a first-timer would a quiet day. But I know how crazy it can get. I haven't officially 'felt the crowd', but there was one time I went to Ripley's Aquarium around the same time FE was happening with family visiting and it was crazy, even for outside. But it was also around Labour Day that year as well, so that might be why (if it wasn't already crazy).
And speaking of FE, I think the plan now is to either wear what I already have or not go, but then I have to buy the ticket...so I'll probably change my mind about FE tbh and wait 'til Holiday Fan Days, or even Halloween. I'm not broken up about it, so I'm okay.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
TBD

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too." -- Wonder Woman, Justice League War

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
BIRD POWER!
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2018, 02:44 PM   #48
Shimi
Zombie the Hedgehog

Quote:
With EL wire you want the wire to show. The problem is that I wouldn't know where to pop the transformer AND to attach the cellophane together they use a spray adhesive, I don't want to permanently adhere cellophane to the wire. So that not be a good option. You can't really stitch onto cellophane... Perhaps old school Scotch tape? Not sure....
Hmm.... I see the problem. I personally don't think I'd trust scotch tape for wings.
I did find something that might interest you, though! Both are tutorials on fiber optics for clothes/costumes. The second seems like the easier option, but you may find some inspiration from them even if you don't choose to go this route.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Fibe...c-Fairy-Wings/
http://www.instructables.com/id/Colo...-Optic-Fabric/
It's too complicated for me because I don't know how to solder stuff.
Anime North 2015: Dark Pit (Kid Icarus Uprising)
Ànime North 2016: Eren Yeager (AoT)
Anime North 2017: Kuro/Sleepy Ash (Servamp)
Anime North 2018: Peter White (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
Shimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2018, 07:58 PM   #49
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

I do like instructables for well... everything! Not sure yet about how to do the wings. Right now I am on a wait and see what the trade war is like before I start purchasing the online stuffs.

Zapdos, Moltres with light up elements
Revamped Scalemaille Gyarados (depending on heat)
Kimono Ash

Future Plans in the Works
Morag - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Moltres - original design
Female Starlord with Doctor Strange
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2018, 01:48 PM   #50
Zoeyromanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimi View Post
Hmm.... I see the problem. I personally don't think I'd trust scotch tape for wings.
I did find something that might interest you, though! Both are tutorials on fiber optics for clothes/costumes. The second seems like the easier option, but you may find some inspiration from them even if you don't choose to go this route.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Fibe...c-Fairy-Wings/
http://www.instructables.com/id/Colo...-Optic-Fabric/
It's too complicated for me because I don't know how to solder stuff.
I got super happy when I read this and went oh wait...LED lights xD. Nightingale doesn't have LED wings xD (would be super cool if she did, though).
As for me I continued on with a bit more research, and I guess I'm back on being Blue Angel; or alternatively this hybrid version of Aoi. White Wing Magician, genderbent Black Fang Magician and Akiza are also on my list as of right now. White Wing would probably need some transparent worbla that's been dyed (yes! you can dye worbla!) woven into the fabric of the outfit since her magician outfit is based off herself in her dragon form.
I keep mentioning that I anticipate things to change, and I still do, but honestly I won't officially know 'til either September or even February once I've bought the ticket for 2019.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
TBD

Follow me:

Quote:
BIRD POWER!
Unread 06-25-2018, 09:03 PM   #51
Zoeyromanov

Two friends and I went out and hung around the mall today, and I found a pair of feather earrings that can work for Lulu at Forever21! It didn't hurt to check it out but I lucked out. Technically speaking, the earrings she wears can be interpreted as crystal, but I saw another pic of another Lulu cosplayer that turned blue feathers into drop earrings for her and I thought it looked nice. I also found a pair that can also work at Icing although technically I have a pair already from Walmart that are similar, but I want a new pair because the pair I have hurts my ears . I like the ones from Icing because they're the closest I could find in terms of accuracy, but I prefer the ones from Forever21 because Lulu has 3 layered 'feather' shaped earrings. The two are much lighter so I'll decide between the two.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
TBD

Follow me:

Quote:
BIRD POWER!

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 07-01-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Unread 06-30-2018, 08:43 AM   #52
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Seriously keeping an eye on the trade war because that's going to effect my plans.

Should I need more chainmaille supplies (which I don't know yet at this point) that's going to be tariffed even though it's from a Canadian retailer (the colouring processes of the aluminum goes to the states). Some of the electronics I may need will also get tariffed unless I risk getting it from China. The special filament I want to get for starlord (and little Groot) for the 3D print might be tariffed. But since our dollar is not so hot I don't want to pay an arm, leg and half a kidney for the stuff.

I have lots of choice words that I will decline to post....

Kimono Ash

Unread 07-01-2018, 06:10 PM   #53
Zoeyromanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeyromanov View Post
I prefer the ones from Forever21 because Lulu has 3 layered 'feather' shaped earrings.
I went back to check out said earrings from F21, and I found a pair that's even more accurate, and well, better! I'm glad I didn't opt for the ones at Icing either. But the new pair I found had the big feather missing on one of the pairs, so of course I chose not to buy it. And they were sort of...dingy, kinda? After I left the store, I grabbed my phone to quickly look up the earrings I found and found 'em online! Even better so I can get a fresh pair online. Although I'd probably have to shop for something extra, preferably for cosplay as I'm getting those earrings, like now, so I can kick-start for Halloween since I'm looking to revamp Lulu for Halloween a little bit. And the fact that I won't pay for just earrings with shipping.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
TBD

Follow me:

Quote:
BIRD POWER!
Unread 07-22-2018, 04:12 PM   #54
Zoeyromanov

[a la Professor Farnsworth]: Good news, everyone! Bookings for hotels for 2019 will open soon: https://www.animenorth.com/live/
And a small update for me, I ended up getting the new earrings for Lulu! Got the new pair because the old pair kinda hurt my ears. Although I did notice it may not be the earrings themselves, it's probably because I don't wear earrings much anymore (unless of course for cosplay) so it starts getting irritated, and I'm not overly sensitive to the fake silver or gold either. But it's a nice upgrade nonetheless.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
TBD

Follow me:

Quote:
BIRD POWER!
Unread 07-24-2018, 08:20 AM   #55
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

I haven't really started yet but more tossing around ideas. The gypsy style reminds of steampunk. How hard would it be to do steampunk? I don't know enough about the style myself but and willing to learn...

Kimono Ash

Unread 07-26-2018, 09:11 AM   #56
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I've figured out Friday and Sunday (rewearing Abigail from Stardew valley, and my historically accurate 1880's Ravenclaw dress), but hmm, what will Saturday be? Well, I have plenty of time to figure it out. And this assuming I'm in crafter's corner again and need to wear something reasonably practical on Saturday too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2018, 03:44 PM   #57
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Got a pattern! I will have to modify it to suit more what I am invisioning, but it will do. I have to keep working on the maille which I can only.do an hour at a time. My age is catching up... I will also have to re-word the headpiece so steampunk-esque it. Stupid.... I also have given up the idea of 3D printer ting the Starlord helm. I share the printer but I doubt I will be able to hog it for that long... Some people don't share.... It will have to be pepakura.

Kimono Ash