Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 07-16-2006, 10:54 PM   #151
Etsu
Jen-of-All-Trades

I was crossplaying Kaoru from Dir en Grey's "The Final" PV at Oni-con 2. I decided to hang out at my guy friends' party room as I waited for a friend to get off of work so we could go to the concert. When I was on the phone, one of our female friends walked in and didn't recognize me until I said "hi." Then she told me, "You look so hot and androgynous. I'd totally do you."

The funny part actually happened after the concert when the same group of friends were hosting an RPG-based drinking game we invented (long story) that involved us doing random things to gain points. Everyone there was commenting on how I looked really androgynous (I didn't have binding, but I guess the shirt was enough to disguise my curves). Now, I don't drink very much, but I tend to act out of character when I'm hyped up from something like a concert and it's 1 in the morning. In my attempt to get more points and perhaps make the game more interesting, I took off my shirt (I had a sports bra underneath). All of my guy friends were like 0_0, and one of them said, "Thank you" since I was the 1st one to take advantage of the nudity for points rule of the game. Then one of the girls said, "Now we know that Jen isn't androgynous." My friends wouldn't stop talking about it for a week (and on top of that, 2 guys who didn't know about the game had walked in shortly after my stunt and were convinced that either I had lost my mind or they had).
original writing and art
blog about Japanese culture
Etsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 09:59 PM   #152
Jezzii_Akuma
Hiding from the Light

Lets see...I was at AnimeNEXT, and I was walking around, alone, dressed as Reno from FFVIIAC. Well I got glomped twice... once by a gay Edward Elric and the other time by a Tifa who asked for me to kiss her for a picture... I kissed her on the cheek and walked away after handing her a card, which she thought was my number. Really it said "Sorry but i'm really a girl"...her face was priceless.

On Halloween on year I borrowed my friends boyfriends Vincent Valentine costume and went to the mall....All i had to do was walk into the video game store to have about five girls glomp me and ask for my number. Sadly i had to tell them i was a girl.... they all gave me a look and let me go....It was ever since then that i started carrying the "I'ma girl" cards

Anime Next:
Fri-Seto Kaiba, Lucrecia
Sat-Karasu, Akito
Sun-Undecided either Seto or random orgy member

MangaNEXT:
Seto
Axel
Jezzii_Akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2006, 09:10 PM   #153
EiriCrossplay
Eiri Yuki Crossplayer

Funny story? Well...
It was the end of the night and I was Cross-playing Eiri Yuki for the first time. I went out to put some stuff in my car alone and enjoy a cigarette along the walk way back. A group of cos-players and con goers were getting pretty rowdy while hanging out front of the main doors. I could hear someone taunting their friend, saying to him "Here comes Eiri, now's you're time to come out of the closet!" The guy got really ticketed and started shouting and defending his sexuality. Suddenly, he turned to look at me, I offered a wink while walking inside, and then I heard "HOLY ****!! THAT YUKI'S A GIRL!!!!!" I nearly stopped in my tracks to burst out laughing. These people had seen me all day and it took until the end of the second night for them to figure out my gender, and the reaction was so priceless I had to make a run to the bathroom just so I could laugh OOC!
EiriCrossplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2006, 12:33 PM   #154
Ryoko-and-Yami
SO inappropriate!

I was crossplaying Takuto from Full Moon wo Sagashite at Comic Con. I needed to go to the bathroom to fix my hat and wig and help my sister as well. When I was standing there this little girl and her mom came out of the bathroom. The girl says "Why are there boys in here." I stare at her for a second. I was like did she just call me a boy? Then her mom said "As long as they don't see any thing." I pondered if that was a compliment or insult. Even the voice actor of Mario knew I was a girl.
Ryoko-and-Yami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #155
Jezzii_Akuma
Hiding from the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie
well, this isn't a story about me crossplaying. but it's funny and it involved crossplay. At JACON 2005, My friend TJ was following these two characters in dresses (I can't remeber who the characters were) one of them you could tell was male and the other was questionable. Well, my friend TJ was going into stalker mode over the one feminine looking crossplayer. Untill the crossplayer, bent down and tied his shoe and well, we got a bit of a show. It was hilarious and TJ kinda seizured and proceeded to spaz out. It was great.
OMG! i had something similar happen to me at Onnafest. Except I was following around a girl who was dressed as Reno from FFVII. I totally didn't know the 'he' was a she until i heard her talk. Of course my two friends who were with me had to make it worse. One of them(Nikkii) had figured out why i suddenly became all moody. So while I was in the bathroom helping my other friend (Ally) try on a shirt she had bought. As we were leaving my phone went off. It was Nikkii and it played the Death March. I dart back into the bathroom in an attempt to hide. (I knew something bad was going to happen). When Ally and Nikki find me the grab me and drag my sorry tail all the way out of the rest room, and down the hall to take a picture with the Reno (la femme). They then proceeded to push me into her and take a picture. >.< It will forever go down in history as the first time I ever was fooled by a crossplayer (and was punished for it).

Anime Next:
Fri-Seto Kaiba, Lucrecia
Sat-Karasu, Akito
Sun-Undecided either Seto or random orgy member

MangaNEXT:
Seto
Axel
Jezzii_Akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2006, 05:28 PM   #156
Kat Murz
Last Manitoban Pirate

Two kinda funny ones.
Last year when I was Willy Wonka ppl seemed to have trouble telling if I was a guy or girl because I had ALOT of make up on the change my face and the character already is a girly. I was working boo at the zoo as him and I had one group of fan girls come over and asked for hugs. The last one in the group totally groped me o.O and then winked at me over her should as she ran off >.< Kids questioned my gender as they went through, if they were obnoxious I would repliy in a deep voice 'what makes you say I'm not a man!" lol

then this year I crossplayed Fye's spirit outfit from tsubasa. I only had on some make up to make me androg. but I was taped down and the outfit was heavy and hid my...figure. One girl had taken my pic and I could see she was kinda talking to her friends, then would look and me, then turn back , then look again. Finally one came over to me and shyly said
"sorry to ask...but are you a girl or a guy? It's just your pretty but Fye's a pretty boy and your really tall and you don't seem to have any.....you know."
She was blushing and trying not to look me in the face XD! I replied that I was just a tall girl but that I was faltered that I managed to confuse at least one person lol

can't wait to see what happens when I do captain jack X3
~ Ai-kon
~ Otakuthon
~ Central Canadian Comic Con

Check me out for tutorials, con reviews and more at:: Nomadic-Goldfish Cosplay on Facebook
Kat Murz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2006, 01:38 PM   #157
tiyen

Not really con involved...

But, I always wear boys clothes, and I recently got my hair cut really short, so I kinda look like a boy. (not having much in the way of assets is good too >3) People are always looking at me odd, especially after I speak, because I have a distinctive female voice (only if I’m talking to strangers, I have an androgynous voice otherwise). It's so funny to catch them glancing at my chest, trying to figure out if I'm a guy or a girl.
tiyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2006, 04:06 PM   #158
HinataHyuuga

I've never actually crossplayed before -although I do plan on it next year since I'm making a Haku (Naruto) costume. Anyways, I cosplayed for the first time this year as Hinata from Naruto. I'm a girl myself, and I was dressed as a girl, but I'm also pretty flat..... so a few people called me sir and one guy glomped me then quickly asked "you're a girl right?"
HinataHyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2006, 05:21 PM   #159
Bo0Do0
ffffffff

Hehe...I kinda have a story from this past weekend's Otakon.

I was dressed in my Jan Valentine costume (Hellsing) and a man approached me. Our conversation went like this:

Him: Are you the same Jan from last year?
Me: *Nods*
Him: I have some excellent pictures of you and if you want, we could exchange email addresses and I could send them to you...
Me: Wow, cool.
Him: *pauses*...I had no idea you were a girl...
Me: ...yeah...

I just kinda laughed at him. I mean, if he couldn't tell I was a girl and he had pictures of me and everything, then I'm pretty sure that means I did a great job at cosplaying. lol
Bo0Do0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 11:25 AM   #160
Crystal Lizzy
Show Me Love(Not a Dream)

Well, I did crossplay for Otakon 06 but my friend who is boy was Axel. Well, here is his story.

My friend had naturally red hair so he didn't want to spike it either for Axel's look. So we just called him the "Emo" axel. XD But yeah, we were walking around Otakon until some random girls came up to my friend and was like, "Nice Axel costume!" so that girl said to the other girl. "SHE dresses up as Axel awesomely." XDD I was laughing so hard and told them that my friend was a guy. Well, even in real life, my friend gets mistaken as a girl (even on the phone =O). So yeah. That's my friend's experience with not exactly crossplay but it's kinda like it. XDDD

Katsucon 2014 Cosplay
Sheik - The Legend of Zelda (SSBB/Twilight Princess Concept Version)
Cloud Strife - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

---
---
~Arashi no Megami~
Crystal Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 05:59 PM   #161
3anime3

I think they should have titled this thread " crossplay stories that make you wet you pants from laughing so hard"
-Jess
3anime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 04:27 AM   #162
Fran-Chan
P.L.U.C cosplayer

Well, in my Naruto cosplay I fooled a lot of people. When I walked into the Girl's Bathroom at the end of the day to get changed this girl screamed at me to get out...O.o; Funnily enough she had been crossplaying Sasuke...

The weird thing is some people tend to think I'm a guy even when I cosplay girls. Like in my Elena cosplay that I wore to a small Final Fantasy gathering at my school. This boy from a few years above me came up to me and began rubbing my chest with a very thoughtfull look on his face. After a while he stopped, grinned at me and said "Oh, you are a girl! That's cool" And walked off...
Irvine Kinneas - FF8 - 0%
Rikku - FFX - 0%
Haruhi - Ouran- 90%
Jack Spicer - Xiaolin Showdown - 0%
Fran-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #163
Baka_Girl175

theres some hilarious stories here!

i guess i'll add a story too. but before that... i usually get mistaken as a guy in regular clothes... b/c i wear baggy clothing and i have short hair and lacking boobs.

so at anime next 2006 i was crossplaying sasuke so my shirt is kinda baggy so it covers everything (same goes ith the pants at that time). the people i was with and i were heading to the con center when a akatsuki member comes running up to me and says "will you be my boyfriend". and i'm like err... i'm a girl. she of course was shocked. i dun rember if she said anything before she walked away. the people i was with were laughing thier butts off... there were two moms with us (it was their first con. one was with her daughter the other with her son) so i dun think they experineced anything like this. and i dun think they're gonna make me forget it either....

also same day a few hours later at the anime next dance. some dude had grabbed a random girl and pushed her in front of me and said to the girl go dance with him (as in me). he then asked me if i was a guy. i said i'm a girl, he was shocked... he might have said somthing after that but if he did i didn't hear it b/c it was kinda loud.

Last edited by Baka_Girl175 : 08-11-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Baka_Girl175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2006, 01:29 PM   #164
miyui

A year or two ago, I made a Sesshomaru costume for Halloween and wore it to the Spookyworld amusement park with my friend, who was crossplaying Inuyasha. I got called a boy in a dress a few times there XD When my friend and I were walking through the haunted house, these two girls behind us squealed every time something popped out and hid their faces in the tail thing I had on my shoulder, which was actually a long fuzzy rug I rolled up. o_O It's a little weird to walk with two people hanging onto you. Now I know why Sesshomaru should never go into a haunted house. XDD;
miyui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #165
Mikini

a year ago i went to this con. now like a month before i had decided to cut my hair since i looked better with short hair in the back, so i cut it so that i had longer hair in the front to my chin and spiky hair in the back. i wasn't really cosplaying or crossplaying, so much as testing out binding. so i went there with my sister who was summoner Yuna and i was just wearing this high collared black blue t-shirt and shorts. apparently this blonde fanboy had gone and cornered my sister and was getting far behind. so i turned around and yelled OI to her and the guy gave me this look like he didn't know she had someone and ran away making me confused. She ran over to me and said thanks, he kept telling me he could be my Tidus.

So she went to meet up with her friends who were getting their pics drawnand they waved me over to be drawn in too. later i took off the binding and saw the finished picture. i was drawn in as Sasuke and my friend and me joked around as to where my boobs had gone in the pic as i am not that small. i kinda felt bad for the artist as she was nearby going O/\O'
Mikini is offline   Reply With Quote