Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 02-19-2016, 11:46 AM   #331
popaandreea

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat100 View Post
wow thread finally revived almost 8 years later
thanks for sharing your story
I'm glad you like it.That day was definitely the wackiest in my life.
popaandreea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2016, 11:07 PM   #332
HayBails

This past October I was attending several cosplay events close to Halloween. I work at the office of my apartment complex meaning if I order a package I have to go to work to pick it up. Some how something I ordered arrived on a day I was in Finn (from adventure time) cosplay. The office would be closed before my event that day ended so I decided to go pick it up in the cosplay. No big deal cause its close enough to Halloween to think to much of a costume. I had even mentioned I was going to wear Finn for Halloween.

Regardless I walked into my work place and their was a line at the front desk. I know that things get crazy so I wanted my co workers to help out the guests first. However several people kept coming up to me asking "Sir how can we help you" they didn't realize it was me until I gave them my id to pick up my package. After that we all just laughed it off but I still can get over how funny it is that the people who see me every day for hours can't recognize me in a wig.
HayBails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016, 03:40 PM   #333
MoonWingSamurai

Back in 2006 at Anime Expo (when it was still in wonderful Anaheim), I crossplayed Gold Saint Virgo Shaka (Saint Seiya)...it was my second time cosplaying, but my first time crossplaying and making faux armor! While walking through the mostly empty far end of the convention center lobby (it was later in the evening, so the vendor hall was already closed), a random guy ran towards me, suddenly dropped to his knees and shouted "I love you! Will you marry me?" I was stunned and surprised, so I just kind of stood there and stammered for a moment. I finally managed a "Thank you!" at which point the guy and his buddy happily scampered away. To this day I have no idea if he was proposing to my costume, the character I was crossplaying or me!