Inventory Blowout! Professional quality cosplay wigs 30-40% off with shipping included - Click Here for details

Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Nan Desu Kan

Unread 07-05-2017, 09:35 PM   #1
FaustPrime
Memento Mori

Ndk 2017

I'm a convention vet, but 2017 is the first time that I'll be going to NDK. Any long time NDK attendees have any advise that might be useful to a newbie, specific to NDK?

Also curious if there is photoshoot planning anywhere...I'm on the FB page, but it seems pretty quiet and I don't see any forums for them outside of cosplay.com.

Excited to be going just two months from now!

Boyfriend and I typically go to cons in and around NC as well as bigger cons farther away. Say hi!
MAL:
https://myanimelist.net/profile/kotengakusha
FaustPrime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-06-2017, 11:04 PM   #2
xRenascent
That crazy chick

Yo!

This'll be my 4th time going to NDK, and my 3rd time going to their newer location. It's in downtown Denver, and it's right next to an outdoor pedestrian mall. If you plan to eat around that area, you can take the free 16th Street Mall shuttle, which will make stops at every intersection of the mall. You -might- want comfy shoes for this, though I've walked and shuttled around in heels fine...sort of.

The con is separated out into 2 parts of the hotel. Last year, one was designated for shoots, dealer's room, and gaming. The other one was for main events/panels and artist's alley. These two parts are connected by a sky bridge, and NDK staff get super antsy if you stand around on the bridge or take pictures on it at any time.

Also, since Colorado's pretty dry, I highly advise getting a water bottle and bringing it around. There's going to be water stations all around the con, but it won't hurt to have some with you in case if those run out.

As far as shoots go...I unfortunately have no clue. It's been a mess since they closed down the old NDK forums a couple of years back. All I can say is to carefully watch the official Facebook NDK page or the event page--both the official posts made by the group and visitor/guests posts.

Hope to see you there!

Potential 2017 Cons
Anime Expo/Colorado Springs Comic Con/Nan Desu Kan

Social Media Links
[deviantArt] | [Facebook (non-personal)] | [Tumblr] | [Twitter] | [World Cosplay]

I also stream/upload videos:
[Youtube] | [Twitch]
xRenascent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2017, 10:15 AM   #3
FaustPrime
Memento Mori

Thanks for the information!! This is exactly what I wanted. Sad there isn't more organization on the photoshoot front, but that seems to be the norm with many cons these days.

Hope to see you there

Boyfriend and I typically go to cons in and around NC as well as bigger cons farther away. Say hi!
MAL:
https://myanimelist.net/profile/kotengakusha
FaustPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2017, 06:47 PM   #4
xRenascent
That crazy chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaustPrime View Post
Thanks for the information!! This is exactly what I wanted. Sad there isn't more organization on the photoshoot front, but that seems to be the norm with many cons these days.

Hope to see you there
Yeah, unfortunately it's been one of their biggest problems over the past couple of cons since they changed locations and axed their forums...I'd expect shoot planning to pop up pretty soon though, probably starting the end of this month.

Hope all of that helped a lot though! Hope to see you there!

Potential 2017 Cons
Anime Expo/Colorado Springs Comic Con/Nan Desu Kan

Social Media Links
[deviantArt] | [Facebook (non-personal)] | [Tumblr] | [Twitter] | [World Cosplay]

I also stream/upload videos:
[Youtube] | [Twitch]
xRenascent is offline   Reply With Quote