Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Fan Expo

Unread 07-14-2017, 04:58 PM   #1
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Fan Expo 2017, anyone?

Well, it's the middle of July, and soon August will start looming around the corner so...anyone going to this year's Fan Expo? I'm going Thursday of this year's con as Sailor Venus; and my first time going. Been meaning to go to this, especially since it's a little after my birthday, so why not spend a (belated) birthday there?

DTAC/Holiday Fan Days 2017:
Ruri Kurosaki, Yugioh Arc-V

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-30-2017, 11:33 PM   #2
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Thursday of FanExpo is really relaxed. Most people are there just to get their badges and shop.

I'm going Saturday only this year as I missed the past two years. The previous years I was found all 4 days exhausting. lol

I found myself spending most of the weekend waiting for panel or just wandering the floors throughout the days between thing to do. Unlike Costume-con where you can find people to talk too, there is about only 20% or actual cosplayers going to it, and some people just dressing up for the fun of it. Mosple costumers I know don't go to it so for me it a slightly lonelier event. I was also always trying desperately to fill a room for the weekend / split a room with as well as most of these people wanted to stay the whole weekend. I'm very much an out of towner and I needed to sleep after the masquerade on Saturday Night... the is no other busses to go home after 9pm. lol

The last year I went was in 2014 I was working the Arda Wigs Canada both (formerly the Queen of Hearts booth that year) and had enough time to do the masquerade on Saturday while not working the booth.

It has been fun for many years for me as I would meet up with fellow cosplayers on Friday night but that tradition fell by the wayside in the last two years I went.

This year I am meeting up with my AN roommates but it still a con I think going for one day is worth it. It's just so big now that if you want to attend any panels on Saturday expect to line up for an hour to get in. lol You might want to have something on your to keep yourself entertained. Which I don't anymore (no portable games or games on phones/internet access :P )

I still kind of wish Anime North was 4 glorious days. lol

FanExpo '17
Merida - Brave (Saturday only)

Anime North '18
Steven Universe ?
Sakizou Ms. Anniversary

Future cosplays/cons:
Lagertha - Vikings, Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2017, 03:15 PM   #3
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARPAINTandUnicorns View Post
Thursday of FanExpo is really relaxed. Most people are there just to get their badges and shop.

I'm going Saturday only this year as I missed the past two years. The previous years I was found all 4 days exhausting. lol

I found myself spending most of the weekend waiting for panel or just wandering the floors throughout the days between thing to do. Unlike Costume-con where you can find people to talk too, there is about only 20% or actual cosplayers going to it, and some people just dressing up for the fun of it. Mosple costumers I know don't go to it so for me it a slightly lonelier event. I was also always trying desperately to fill a room for the weekend / split a room with as well as most of these people wanted to stay the whole weekend. I'm very much an out of towner and I needed to sleep after the masquerade on Saturday Night... the is no other busses to go home after 9pm. lol

The last year I went was in 2014 I was working the Arda Wigs Canada both (formerly the Queen of Hearts booth that year) and had enough time to do the masquerade on Saturday while not working the booth.

It has been fun for many years for me as I would meet up with fellow cosplayers on Friday night but that tradition fell by the wayside in the last two years I went.

This year I am meeting up with my AN roommates but it still a con I think going for one day is worth it. It's just so big now that if you want to attend any panels on Saturday expect to line up for an hour to get in. lol You might want to have something on your to keep yourself entertained. Which I don't anymore (no portable games or games on phones/internet access :P )

I still kind of wish Anime North was 4 glorious days. lol
I'm mostly going Thursday because the friend that I'm going with wants more money for merch and it's the cheapest day xD (I don't blame him though, it is pretty expensive but I suggested he re-wear what he has so he doesn't have to spend money on a new costume.)
I was mostly sore from this year's AN but I expected it, plus I didn't mind because it was nice to be going back.
I was thinking of going to Costume-Con since it's closer for me; hence cheaper transportation but I was unsure whether it was worth going. I did check it out the site but I was still unsure. My friend opted for FE anyways.
I was thinking of splitting a room too but as it turned out you can only get the group rate for clubs? Unless I read it wrong but something like that and I thought it was dumb so I payed the weekend rate.
I technically am an out of towner myself, I know how you feel, the transportation and the fact you hull yourself back pretending you're not tired is hell xD. But worth it since you're there to have fun.
I think considering the fact the two friends I went with to AN bailed on Sunday I don't think it'd be worth going only two days if it was four xD
I can't wait to see it. I mostly check out the dealers room, expect for people to ask for my photo (this time I'll be hassled for photos xD) and check what's going on. I'll need to see what's going to happen on Thursday, they mostly have comic stuff which I do like, but we'll see.

DTAC/Holiday Fan Days 2017:
Ruri Kurosaki, Yugioh Arc-V

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 07-31-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote