Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 07-15-2017, 09:41 PM   #8056
Alyssa3467
Holographic Kitty
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 647
D23 Update

https://twitter.com/ocdisney/status/886273165059436544
@ocdisney
The line to get into the D23 Expo is wrapped across Katella and down Disneyland Drive and back. @D23Expo @markaeades
10:16 AM - 15 Jul 2017

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/15...he-day-before/
By 11:30 a.m., there was no line to get into the Convention Center.

https://twitter.com/ocdisney/status/886284453743435776
@ocdisney
The line to get in #D23Expo snakes around to Katella Ave. People are saying the wait is about 45 min to 1 hour
11:00 AM - 15 Jul 2017 · Anaheim, CA

----

Far better than what AX was able to accomplish.
Alyssa3467 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 07-19-2017, 04:03 PM   #8057
Spog
Registered User
 
Spog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
https://twitter.com/ocdisney/status/886273165059436544
@ocdisney
The line to get into the D23 Expo is wrapped across Katella and down Disneyland Drive and back. @D23Expo @markaeades
10:16 AM - 15 Jul 2017

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/15...he-day-before/
By 11:30 a.m., there was no line to get into the Convention Center.

https://twitter.com/ocdisney/status/886284453743435776
@ocdisney
The line to get in #D23Expo snakes around to Katella Ave. People are saying the wait is about 45 min to 1 hour
11:00 AM - 15 Jul 2017 · Anaheim, CA

----

Far better than what AX was able to accomplish.
It was pretty bad. When I went I had to wait in line probably 2 to 3 hours each day to get in. In direct sunlight. This was just to get in. Passes were mailed out.
Spog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2017, 01:56 PM   #8058
El_Duque
miyoshi82
 
El_Duque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,658
LMAO Conan...

https://youtu.be/cySRkkh--MA
__________________
Member of the
The Finest
Cobra 3rd Night Watch
Interested in joining our ranks? Click on the links above.

Youtube
Twitter
Con History
Anime Los Angeles 2011-2013, 2015
Anime Expo 2006-2011, 2015-present
Wondercon - 2013, 2015-present
San Diego Comic Con 1994-present
Comikaze Expo 2011, 2013-present
Long Beach Comic Con 2009-2012
Anime Conji 2010-present
Hanadoki Con 2015-present
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2017, 10:14 AM   #8059
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host
 
Freight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spog View Post
It was pretty bad. When I went I had to wait in line probably 2 to 3 hours each day to get in. In direct sunlight. This was just to get in. Passes were mailed out.
How many doors were people processing through to get in? Wondercon had about 9 access points to get into the convention area and I didn't experience any waits to get in.
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2017, 02:48 PM   #8060
Spog
Registered User
 
Spog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freight View Post
How many doors were people processing through to get in? Wondercon had about 9 access points to get into the convention area and I didn't experience any waits to get in.
It varied from the first day to the 2nd/3rd day. First day they probably had 8 doors open and then 2 people at each door to scan badges. You then proceeded inside to the bag check and metal detectors.

2nd/3rd day was a little bit different. They had 20 metal detectors outside in front of the con. So you had to get in line, wrap around the building (1 hour to 2 and a half hours depending when you lined up) then go to the metal detectors and bag check outside. Then you waited up front in a switch-back line that alternated with line up traffic and people waiting to get inside - post metal detectors. They then scanned your badge at the door (5 doors/2 people each door). They didn't want to crowd on the 2nd/3rd day so they kept people back in line, only letting a few people at a time. Unfortunately people were cutting like crazy because the line reached around the construction for the new building and toward the road/stadium.
Spog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2017, 09:46 AM   #8061
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host
 
Freight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,061
And the total attendance?
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2017, 07:30 AM   #8062
Spog
Registered User
 
Spog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freight View Post
And the total attendance?
I tried finding the numbers for this year and nothing was readily available. For previous cons it was estimated at 45k to 60k and they haven't really increased capacity it seems.
Spog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Copyright 2002-2017 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.