Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 09-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
LadyStarlea
Dreamer

Hello from Michigan

Hi all. Not sure if dressing up for LARPing and Renfare is considered cosplay but I have been doing that for over 15 years (since 1995). My favorite LARP RP I have done was my drow cleric...she had an unusual history and I loved playing a good drow. Course our LARP group doesn't allow player characters to be drow anymore. I am working on getting things together for a feline race rp character for a different larp group.

My thirteen year old daughter is big in buying and wearing cosplays...she has a few cosplay things...a short white wig for cosplaying as a female Allen Walker and a long red wig to do a female Lavi. She has a stuff timcampy as well. She has dressed up as cardcaptor Sakura for halloween and another year as Kanda Yuu. Can we say she is a big D. Gray-man fan.

She has also gotten me to watching the "Heros of Cosplay" which led me to searching for cosplay group here in Michigan since she loves it so much which led me here. I have been lurking for a week or so and only made an account here today to answer a question in the forum on a RWBY cosplay. I have become a big fan of RWBY and have an account on the RWBY wikia as well. For the last two years she has wanted to go to youmacon as have I but money problems have kept us from doing that. I hope we can maybe put aside money and slowly work out some basic cosplay things over this year or next to make it to youmacon next year or the following.

Minor drawback is I can not use a sewing machine to save my life. So not like I can teach my daughter how to sew other then hand-stitching and how to sew buttons on. Oh and if I can find my grommet tool I can teach her how to use that too. Ironically my husband knows how just our sewing machine is broken and he works midnight shift so doesn't have much time to teach her. Funny thing is he can't sew buttons so you can say we complement each other skill wise.

Really the Major drawback is money problems. So can't afford to buy much materials or get the sewing machine fixed. So it will take a year or two to get a decent costume worked up for anything for us with luck.

So I will mainly be lurking around here.

LadyStarlea is offline   Reply With Quote