Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Devil May Cry

Unread 01-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #706
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

Okay, did all you Ladys a favor and checked the rotating render in the character gallery on DMC4... That boot mounted "pouch" IS a holster, she had a long barrel hand-gun in there...think like Casul or Jackel length barrel. So it is a gun, not an ammo pack or a knife.
Mystery Cosplay - ???
Things to do - Armor...lots of armor and makeup.

Upcoming Events

"Look to the Skies...and the Hero will come..."
Link_Harkanian is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #707
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_Harkanian View Post
Okay, did all you Ladys a favor and checked the rotating render in the character gallery on DMC4...
I...I.... shit, I forgot you could do that! Ohhh, Link, I love you for that. Thanks a ton, I mean it. When I'm done with this round of Left 4 Dead, I'm popping DMC4 into my 360 and checking that out.

I knew all those extra guns I got for Lady would be useful for something!
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #708
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

It's no prob. The second I saw everyone talking about that holster, I thought "Wait, the character gallery has auto-rotating models..." popped the game on, and check it out. If you have an Eb or Iv modified 1911 Long colt already, that would work perfect, since it looks to be about as long as one of Dante's guns. That or rig up one of Alucard's guns, I doubt you'd need to pull that one out too often for pics. I actually wish there was a coatless Nero mode so I can figure out how to do that whole vest...let alone how I'm going to make that bloody thing...it's all strips and cross stitches...
Mystery Cosplay - ???
Things to do - Armor...lots of armor and makeup.

Upcoming Events

"Look to the Skies...and the Hero will come..."
Link_Harkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #709
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Never mind, I found it. The rotating models are in the library. Well.... shit man, I wish I knew about that before! lol.

But yeah, dude, it's a holster. You can't even see the gun itself, but the handle sticks out the back. It look like a black gun with a brown handle.

Last edited by DarkFujin : 01-03-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Unread 01-03-2009, 03:04 PM   #710
patrickbooya

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDraco3 View Post
Made any progress, patrick?

I'm STILL waiting on my correct sized magnets to arrive in the mail so that I can finish Nevan...
I'm getting it commissioned. I would love to make it but my last year of school is already kicking my ass. So yeah, I do have some progress with payments, but I'll be working on some of my own DMC items/weapons from the game.
I'm alright with paper mache(sp?) so I was thinking about making red orbs from DMC and DMC4
So cheap and fun. Or I could make it out of clay but I think it would be easier to find some blue clay laying around the house.
patrickbooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #711
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickbooya View Post
I was thinking about making red orbs from DMC and DMC4
So cheap and fun. Or I could make it out of clay but I think it would be easier to find some blue clay laying around the house.
Oh, that would be awesome!! I'd love to see that. You'd have to post pics of that.

I have a miniature "pink orb". A little red orb came with one the trading figures (I have a few of them, so I don't know if it came with a Dante or marionette or whatever) and my cat found it and started playing with it. She lost it in my laundry and I ended up finding it after it got washed, and it turned pink.
Unread 01-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #712
patrickbooya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
Oh, that would be awesome!! I'd love to see that. You'd have to post pics of that.

I have a miniature "pink orb". A little red orb came with one the trading figures (I have a few of them, so I don't know if it came with a Dante or marionette or whatever) and my cat found it and started playing with it. She lost it in my laundry and I ended up finding it after it got washed, and it turned pink.
I'm thinking of making it about a foot tall. Just to make it worth while, it would be a bit easier to design too. I would have to find out how to make a shape like that though, it's a bit awkward
patrickbooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #713
Cilo
CLAMPfan04-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_Harkanian View Post
Okay, did all you Ladys a favor and checked the rotating render in the character gallery on DMC4... That boot mounted "pouch" IS a holster, she had a long barrel hand-gun in there...think like Casul or Jackel length barrel. So it is a gun, not an ammo pack or a knife.
I don't own DMC4 because I can't get a ps3/xbox (shoot me please. I'm dying without it!!) so I don't know what you guys are looking at.. could you maybe take a pic of it or something? And maybe a picture of her back so I know what the vest type thing looks like? D: Ah. I found a few shots of her back but not any of whats on her boot.

She has a boot mounted pouch? o__o;

.. Oh she does!! I totally missed that till now when I searched her picture!!

Thanks!

Also.. is she playing with dolls in this picture (Top middle) http://media.photobucket.com/image/l...-Lady.jpg?o=42 ? Lol
❥· Northwest Fan Fest
❥· Cos & Effect
❥· Sakura Con
❥· PAX Prime
༝ ⋆ ༝

For updates on cosplay or artwork, take a peak at my Deviant Art!

(ᵔܫᵔ)

Last edited by Cilo : 01-03-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Cilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #714
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilo View Post
I don't own DMC4 because I can't get a ps3/xbox (shoot me please. I'm dying without it!!) so I don't know what you guys are looking at.. could you maybe take a pic of it or something? And maybe a picture of her back so I know what the vest type thing looks like? D: Ah. I found a few shots of her back but not any of whats on her boot.

She has a boot mounted pouch? o__o;

.. Oh she does!! I totally missed that till now when I searched her picture!!

Thanks!

Also.. is she playing with dolls in this picture (Top middle) http://media.photobucket.com/image/l...-Lady.jpg?o=42 ? Lol
lol I've never seen that top/middle one before! Where's that from? Is that one of the ones you unlock when you beat the game?

Also, speaking of bonus artwork, don't forget that Lady has a strap on her sleeve. You can only see it on one of the bonus artworks. I think it's the one that my avatar is from, if I remember right.

I'll try to get a picture of Lady's holster, give me a minute. If I can't, I can draw it though. It's actually a pretty simple design. It's like, a rectangle with (I think) two rivets, and the gun sticks out the back. I'll try to get a picture in a minute, but it might not be good quality because I'll be taking it on my screen.

[edit]: I just tried, I can't get a good picture, sorry. I'll try to draw it though, if that helps any.

Also, I had NO idea that the seams on her back looked like that
Not a big deal, but just.... wow. Totally didn't get detail right!

Last edited by DarkFujin : 01-03-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Unread 01-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #715
Cilo
CLAMPfan04-1

I'm not sure where its from..
Also a strap on her arm? Where abouts?
I wish I could find these bonus artworks/videos.
I guess I'll have to buy more belts. Haha.

Thanks!
❥· Northwest Fan Fest
❥· Cos & Effect
❥· Sakura Con
❥· PAX Prime
༝ ⋆ ༝

(ᵔܫᵔ)
Unread 01-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #716
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilo View Post
I'm not sure where its from..
Also a strap on her arm? Where abouts?
I wish I could find these bonus artworks/videos.
I guess I'll have to buy more belts. Haha.

Thanks!
Oh! Actually, you could see it on the picture you posted. The one on the bottom-left corner.

The best place for DMC-related pictures is http://devils-lair.org/

And for my DMC4 Lady, I went to a 99 cent store and bought a bunch of belts there and covered them with the same pleather I made the harness out of. You need nine belts in all:

Three on the jacket (one the front, two on the back)
Two on her waist (with the pouches on it)
Two on her legs
Two on her boot (holding up the gun holster)

Speaking of which, I know in DMC3 the leg-straps were holding up the crossbow-thingy, right? But in DMC4, are they just for decoration? I haven't been able to see anything on her leg, but I don't know why she would have straps there without a weapon.

Also, I'm having a hell of a time with the belt son her waist. I bought two belts and thought I could put the pouches between them and stack the two belts on top of each other. But instead, the buckles are too big and belts end up sitting VERY far apart from each other.
I know I can go to the nearby Tandy Leather and pick up the strips for the belts, but is there a way to make a custom belt-buckle to combine the two belts with? Or can I buy a double belt like that?
Unread 01-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #717
Cilo
CLAMPfan04-1

I got a double belt for mine. It has two lines of holes.. and that goes all the way around.. It looks a bit funny, but it works for the most part.
Also I found it a bigger picture to the one of Lady playing with the dolls. http://devils-lair.org/wp/dmc4-gallery-7-full.jpg Haha.

I got my belts at a dollar store too.. actually they were for dogs.... so they have metal bits in them, but you totally can't see them in the pictures.

Also awesomee didn't see the belt things either. I must be blind. Haha.
❥· Northwest Fan Fest
❥· Cos & Effect
❥· Sakura Con
❥· PAX Prime
༝ ⋆ ༝

(ᵔܫᵔ)
Unread 01-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #718
CosplayerGabi
Shotgun Badass

OMG, that picture is PRICELESS. You see Agnus in the background playing with Credo!
Unread 01-06-2009, 12:47 AM   #719
Cilo
CLAMPfan04-1

I know right? >w<
Haha

Okay so I am thinking about getting contacts for my Lady cosplay.. well one contact for one red eye.. but the contacts I am looking at are too solid in color. Does anyone know of any red contacts that have more of a realistic quality, than just the red shown here? http://www.colorlens4less.com/index....oducts_ id=13 (woah.. banned url?? what up with that?)

They have to be able to ship to Canada.
❥· Northwest Fan Fest
❥· Cos & Effect
❥· Sakura Con
❥· PAX Prime
༝ ⋆ ༝

(ᵔܫᵔ)
Unread 01-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #720
LaurenBANG
POW!

You could always get a blue contact and then a brown contact instead of red. Or even if you can find a burgandy type colour. As long as you can show that your eyes are a different colour it should be okay. Personally I photoshopped mine because I'm to poor for contacts lol. If anything afterwards you could photoshop the brown eye to be a bit more red if need be.

I think for a natural look that your best option, I've never seen natural looking red ones before.

Aya Brea - Parasite eve 3rd birthday
San - Princess Mononoke
Zephie - Magna Carta 2
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Belle - Beauty and the beast

Deviantart||
Would you like your makeup done for a con!? Or maybe even want a prop commission!?? contact/PM me!!
LaurenBANG is offline   Reply With Quote