Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 05-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #406
sketch

Been reading through the posts in the thread sounds like some awesome advice bit scared about the tape thing going to be extremely careful if I try it.
Anyways just to put some minds at rest there are no problems popping your testicles up into your body cavity in fact such a technique is implemented in some martial arts disciplines like Hung Gar where practitioners learn to retract their testicles to protect them during a fight.
Also tried the under carriage shaving before itched like mad after one night (8 hours) of sleep, I would reccommend wearing shorts when not in crossplay because in a pair of trousers after a while you will tend to *ahem* stick to yourself.
sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 09:36 PM   #407
Cashew

The first time I read this thread I honestly could not see myself ever using this. After trying on my friend's guilty gear bridget costume I changed my mind. The dress was super short on me and my bulge was right out in the open. Granted bridget is a guy, I still don't want my package all exposed. This may actually come in handy.

Last edited by Cashew : 06-03-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Cashew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 08:09 AM   #408
LC10785
Never Cosplayed

Done it Its easier if you cross your legs when you pop them up,Now just to get some tight panties
LC10785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 09:06 PM   #409
Sugiura Midori

Another option that seems to be working quite well is to use a pair of pantyhose one size to small, as that stuff is seriously tight. Also try mixing the tape and graft methods (that pantyhose graft thing on page 20, and some form of medical tape.. I found a skin colored tape that works well, strength of duct-tape, but without the goo).

When I had layered it as: self-made-graft, mens briefs for kids, pantyhose, womens panties.. it seemed to work really well as far as attempted looking flat. Problem with mens briefs is they show through tight clothing (I have some tight nylon pants as outermost) and the womens panties won't (since they're actually made with the fact that women wear tighter clothing and stuff showing through is inproper)... however, they will provide a lot of that padding that is needed to level things off.

The more I do this, the faster I go as I care less and less about hurting anything, so it all depends on your pain tollerance really. I have managed to sleep tucked on one occasion, but laying down like that for an extended period of time is not all that comfortable.

One really big consideration, and something that REALLY helps with the pinching of skin, or other sharp pains due to skin on skin rubbing (scrotum on scrotum, or on penis) is how much you sweat, or will sweat in your costume. To counter this really easily, you can use toilet paper, as long as it's something reasonable soft, to 'pre-package' the stuff and it will prevent things from hurting when you sweat (it does, a lot; rubs when you cross your legs, and as things shift as you walk). Just take a few squares, 2-3 works well, fold it in half (the long way if you keep them attached, doesn't matter the other way) and wrap first the main shaft, then fold the scrotal skin over that, then do a second layer around that.. then no skin can rub other skin.. and it will last longer before you feel any sort of pain. This also has the benifit of providing more padding to fill in gaps.

All I've learned from doing this every weekend for a month, I haven't perfected it yet.. but getting closer. Still takes me about 10minutes just to pee since the toilet paper stuff has to be redone each time, and I'm puttin on five layers of material.
Sugiura Midori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 12:17 AM   #410
cpardo
Cosplayer for 14 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjones870 View Post
I found a website that sells gaffs which are underwear mean to conseal http://www.crossdresser.com/product_...uctSubCatID=20
Thanks! That's a great website, although all of the white gaffs are sold out!
cpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 03:57 AM   #411
animeBecky21
Goofy girly user

I've never had an issue with the method I use, a standard tuck, tight panties and pull them up like a thong, then add another pair over top - it is possible to tuck so tight you can raise blisters in delicate areas that way. And after the other night I know it works pretty well, this girl wanted to know where it was so bad she ended up reaching in my underwear looking - and still had trouble getting it untucked. That may be the single most goofy thing that has ever happened to me while wearing a dress.
Unread 06-24-2008, 01:19 PM   #412
cpardo
Cosplayer for 14 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeBecky21 View Post
I've never had an issue with the method I use, a standard tuck, tight panties and pull them up like a thong, then add another pair over top - it is possible to tuck so tight you can raise blisters in delicate areas that way. And after the other night I know it works pretty well, this girl wanted to know where it was so bad she ended up reaching in my underwear looking - and still had trouble getting it untucked. That may be the single most goofy thing that has ever happened to me while wearing a dress.
Wow I'm impressed you're a pro!

I'm going to try a gaff to see if that's an improvement. If not, I'll just do it the way I've always done it, which is mentioned above, because that does work pretty well--been doing it for crossplay since '05!

Last edited by cpardo : 06-26-2008 at 11:31 PM. Reason: sentence addition
Unread 06-26-2008, 03:20 PM   #413
Alexz_Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iori E View Post
Or allow the women to take off their shirts!
Okay, that's enough ecchi-ness out of me. :P

My mom clearly expressed that she'd kill me if I even think about shaving any part of my pubic hair. So that technique's out of the question. :/
Do those crossdressing "gaff" panties work well? I've heard that they smooth out the crotch area better than an ordinary men's dance belt.
how would your mom even know you shaved? and whats the big deal??
Alexz_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #414
Mizuno Tenshi
Shiawase wa itsumo.

Talking Omgwtf?

Holy crap have a lot of people replied to this thread, added info, and dropped me a line. I never thought it would garner so much attention. Glad I could be of service to everyone. Well, for anyone reading the thread, I left the original post the same and just added an update about me.

I'm actually a MtF transsexual now and have lived full-time as a girl for the past few years, so please keep that in mind. I still don't mind giving advice, but I'm not a seamstress or prop maker, but if you want to talk or have any questions about being trans, feel free to say hello.

I'm glad so many people have found this helpful, and love talking with people, so if anyone has questions or comments, about the meaning of life, how much college sucks, the weather, cosplay, or whatever, still feel free to drop a line.

Anyone who thinks they might be trans also feel free to drop me a line and I'll be more than glad to lend an ear. But please don't be all "OMGhihi X_X ths is awsme, I wnt 2 b grlz bt lke b'ng a boyz". I LIKE good grammar and complete sentences. Or at least decent phrases that makes sense.

Warm regards,
Paula (aka PChan)

"Normal is for those who can't do any better." - Me
Mizuno Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 02:36 PM   #415
Xero01

i can only push "them" just outside the bag, arnt they supposed to go any higher? and that makes some big 'lumps' or something
Xero01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2008, 03:29 AM   #416
GreenOysterCult

I havn't seen anyone post this idea yet.

Put on a maxi pad, or whatever those things are called. You know, the things for when girls have there periods? they will stick on for a few hours easy, and hide the things you want hidden.
GreenOysterCult is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2008, 03:41 AM   #417
cpardo
Cosplayer for 14 years

Oh I think that was mentioned a long while back, although they suggested a mini pad or two. They actually work well and smooth out the area. Maxi pads are bit big and thick (for me anyway) and may make the area look bigger. Depends on the person...

Good cheap alternative if you can't afford a gaff.
Unread 07-07-2008, 03:33 AM   #418
Doryuu_Kun123

oh jeeze. i feel like throwing up now. X[

sicckk.

but it prolly works good. though. you have to mess with yer stuff.
thnks enyways. (walks away with bad images) XD
Doryuu_Kun123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #419
cpardo
Cosplayer for 14 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpardo View Post
Wow I'm impressed you're a pro!

I'm going to try a gaff to see if that's an improvement. If not, I'll just do it the way I've always done it, which is mentioned above, because that does work pretty well--been doing it for crossplay since '05!
I used the gaff last weekend at a convention and it worked great. I never had to adjust anything all the time I wore it. You do have to get used to wearing it though. In the end good results.
Unread 10-20-2008, 03:06 PM   #420
spandexgirl188

hey,

dumb question here. Where at the front does the tape start? around the shaft?

Jess.
spandexgirl188 is offline   Reply With Quote