Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 08-07-2006, 02:52 PM   #1
Midoriko
Death also comes in pink!

Lolita e-zine: Finished

Hello everyone! I would just like to inform all of you that I have just finished the first issue of my Lolita e-zine, and I would like all of you out there to view it and submit feedback to me if at all possible.

http://www.freewebs.com/mdmagazine/

Thankyou all very much for thoese of you who helped and inspiered me :3
Midoriko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
Tiffo
Newb Cosplayer

Very cool e-zine! I really like the introduction about lolitas, it was really informative. I'll be awaiting the next issue! ^___^
Tiffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2006, 02:13 PM   #3
MiwakoLove
Ramen!

Ooh! I only breezed through for now (will go back later to read it in depth) and I must say it's really good! I like it! I like that you have tutorials in it as well :]
Unread 08-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #4
SunakoChan

I love the layout! It's very informative and fun ^^
Unread 08-09-2006, 07:25 PM   #5
MisplacedMokona
Mokona of time

Very nice

Loved the layout and very informative. I look forward to future issues.
MisplacedMokona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2006, 08:01 PM   #6
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I think you've got a solid start-- I like the articles and ideas, your layout's nice, and it's pretty all-encompassing. In the future it might be neat to single out a particular style-- say, wa-loli one issue, country loli the next-- and focus in detail on how to get that look (giving plenty of examples, of course).

Because I'm a grammar and spelling nut, I am also going to suggest finding a proofreader to make sure your writing is as eloquent and proper as a good lolita's should be. I'd be happy to help if you want to send me proofs, but feel free to use anyone whose grammar and spelling skills you trust, and who you know isn't going to mess around with your writing.

Anyway, nicely done, and I look forward to upcoming issues!

--Penny
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #7
Raouken

I like it Easy to read, well written..I was a bit surprised by the cosplay lolita article though, I expected another page where would be explained what the spirit of a lolita is and how you're supposed to be a real loli, but it wasn't there, which made the article come across a bit..I don't know, a bit rude or elitist. Like, I know something you don't, and that doesn't match with the gentle, explaining to people who are new to it, tone of the rest of the e-zine. I hope there will be an article about it in the future?

I think it's a good e-zine, I'll definitly be reading the next issue ^___^(I liked the part about Kaori Yuki )
Raouken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 10:21 AM   #8
Lady Phoenix
dreamer

wow this was great....I just came here to learn about lolitas (I am interested in the style and history of it) and as I was reading through the different topics I came across this one and read your entire page...thankyou very much and I will definately continue to re-visit that often. good luck with this ^.^
Lady Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 12:09 PM   #9
TwistedFates

I really enjoyed reading this! There's a variety of articles, and I loved how you incoporated the Cosplay/Lolita article. I do have to agree with Penny_Dreadful in the sense that you should get a proofreader. I know plenty of people that would like to help, including myself. Still, I can't wait to see the next issue!
Unread 08-31-2006, 03:46 PM   #10
原宿姫
Harajuku Hime Shop

I thought the e zine was awesome, i can't wait for the next issue!

I take Gothic Lolita, Visual Kei, and Cosplay commissions

========================================
Cosplay 07
Maiko Geisha=0%
Visual Kei Jrock Original=10%
Gothic Lolita=0%
原宿姫 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2006, 04:48 PM   #11
BayushiKachiko
Lvl. 10 CLR| Lvl. 4 PALY

Very nice job, and a nice Loli introduction for people like me that aren't involved (Yet?) in the Loli scene.

Suggestion? Run everything through a spell-checker, just to be safe. There were a few little errors here and there, but hardly worth stressing over.

Very awesome job!

Support your local Paladins and Vampire Slayers.

Team Awesome, Wolf Pack Elite, and Awesome Industries

Current Works in Progress:
Mathias Cronqvist: Castlevania, Lament of Innocence
???Richter Belmont: Castlevania, Harmony of Despair
???Smoke: Mortal Kombat 3

BayushiKachiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2006, 02:53 AM   #12
natsukoarts
wanker? yes, please...

Midoriko, the ezine looks good. agree with the above statement on the proof reading.

i am a writer so just a few minor nitpicks, ensure there is no copyright infringement on any of the images, make sure you at least credit the original author if they are not your own images (just cover yourself blah-blah-blah).

you probably want to ensure the links are clickable. if these are static pages (pictures of screens) and not really coded-into-the-page, if you have access to HTML you may want a glossary on the page with clickable links to everything you list on the page (like a table of navigation or something)

i think it is a great start.
aUSA sanzo. trowa. jessie (poke-crack). ghetto-suzu. yuki.
natsukoarts is offline   Reply With Quote