Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > San Diego Comic Con

Unread 04-06-2009, 02:05 AM   #1
DEATHlikescats

Warhammer 40K Costume Group

Hello! i and at least one of my friends are doing some sisters of battle and a deathguard initiate for Comic-Con. I was wondering if anyone else out there was planning on coming in 40k costumes?
DEATHlikescats is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 11:45 PM   #2
Vividwings
Warhammer Encyclopedia

If I can get my ass in gear, I'll be going Saint Sabbat from Gaunt's Ghosts (Sister of Battle-esque gear) for one or two of the days. I might be able to strong-arm some other people into doing guardsmen or maybe even a Commissar Gaunt, but I'm not counting on it. If I get it done, I'd love to meet up with other 40K cosplayers!

Check out the new Warhammer 40K cosplay forum, Obscurus Crusade! http://z6.invisionfree.com/Obscurus_...ex.php?act=idx
Vividwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2009, 12:52 AM   #3
demifiend
Anonkira be praised...

Unless one of you two is in our group and I don't know it, we're planning on having a small team at Comic-Con this year. I'll be an Inquisitor (knock on wood), and our resident gunsmith is doing a commissar. His wife may be a battle sister (not sure if it'll be ready in time), and we'll have a Valhallan soldier and possibly Kal Jerico. It would be great to meet up with more 40K cosplayers!
Unread 04-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
Vividwings
Warhammer Encyclopedia

Looks like with any luck, we'll have a sizable group going. The more the... grimmer and darker, I suppose.

(Also, demifiend, I love your avatar, I just finished playing through Mass Effect for the second time. Great game.)

Check out the new Warhammer 40K cosplay forum, Obscurus Crusade! http://z6.invisionfree.com/Obscurus_...ex.php?act=idx
Unread 05-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #5
DEATHlikescats

that's awesome! I'm so glad others are doing 40K costumes at con. I'm thinking of getting all the costuming together for friday (possibly saturday) of Con. Anyone have any conflict with other groups for getting their costumes together?
Unread 05-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #6
Vividwings
Warhammer Encyclopedia

No conflicts here that I know of for me! Someone should dig up a map and find us a meeting place at the convention center, though.

Unread 05-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #7
DEATHlikescats

How about up in the sails pavilion (second floor, near registration/badge pickup)?
It's pretty open up there and would be slightly less crowded.

ALSO!

Has anyone seen or heard about Pepakura? There are some 40K Bolter models available that could be made into prop weapons.
Unread 05-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
Vividwings
Warhammer Encyclopedia

I don't know the convention center at all, but if it's near registration/badge pickup, it could be crowded. Do you know where I can find a map of the convention center? I didn't see one in the comic-con magazine/booklet that was recently sent out.

What time? I'm thinking early afternoon, but I don't know the con schedule yet.

Unread 07-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #9
Vividwings
Warhammer Encyclopedia

Ok, so how about Friday, at the Sails Pavilion (or near it), at 1 PM? I can try to get there early and wave around my big green banner.

Unread 07-21-2009, 02:36 AM   #10
DEATHlikescats

Friday sails pavilion is great! Could we push it back to 2:30? There's a panel that I want to go to (Disney's and Hayao Miazaki down in hall H) and it runs through til 2:15
after that I'm all for running upstairs to meet everyone!

I will look for your banner!
Unread 07-21-2009, 02:37 AM   #11
Vividwings
Warhammer Encyclopedia

Sure, 2:30 it is.

Unread 07-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #12
DEATHlikescats

due to unforseen circumstances, I was unable to complete my costume
I would like to do a meet-up for next year however. I hope that those who are interested come to see you @ 2:30 and I may still come say Hi and see your awesome costume.

I hope you're having an awesome con!
Unread 07-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #13
demifiend
Anonkira be praised...

Inquisitor Kurtz, Commissar Cain, and his battle sister companion will be there tomorrow... but I will try and make it today to get pictures!
Unread 07-27-2009, 04:10 AM   #14
lilibat

I saw someone was doing a sister of battle on a 4chan thread that was sent to me but has since evaporated. I would be interested in seeing any pictures you guys got as my husband & I are doing an Inquisitor & Battle Sister at PAX this year.
lilibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #15
IxHaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat View Post
I saw someone was doing a sister of battle on a 4chan thread that was sent to me but has since evaporated. I would be interested in seeing any pictures you guys got as my husband & I are doing an Inquisitor & Battle Sister at PAX this year.
Was it the one with red and the book? If it was, it was fucking insanewin
IxHaku is offline   Reply With Quote