Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime LA

Unread 12-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
Puppy-of-Doom

Wink try to help out!

hi i really dont want to be a buzz kill to everyone. but i was checking out the marriott ratings by people who have stayed there and found this review:

“Convention hotel - beware...”
2 of 5 starsReviewed January 8, 2013
Before booking, be sure to inquire as to if there is a convention on the property. If there is, and there often is, be prepared for loud crowds in the public areas, long waits for elevators, don't get a room poolside, you will hear noisy people echoing through the corridors, etc. this was my experience. Yes the bed was comfortable - wished I could have slept and enjoyed it. Don't think the management cares about that too much - they just see the $$$!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

now i know that everyone wants to have a good time and enjoy them selves but please take into consideration NON con goers. i think there is a little something we could do to make sure that everyone has a good time and not just us:

1) if your NOT in a rush to get to an upper level and you see some casuals let them on first. they probably had a long business meeting or just got of the plane be considerate if your room is one above please consider taking the stairs. and try keeping to 5 to 6 in the elevator

2) around 10pm start to turn the volume down. dosnt mean stop everything your doing and not have fun. just turn it down a notch. you might be disturbing other con goers as well who might have a panel or something to do in the morning or non con goers who have to catch a morning plane or have a meeting.

3) try not to crowed up NON convention area hallways. i know you get tired and want to sit but please try to not sit in the middle of the way so people have to walk around you its rude for everyone. i could understand the ground level where the convention is or outside by the pool or in the patio area on the ground level. but on the lobby level please try to avoid.

that is about all i wish people to do. to make everyones life a little easier. we cant control loadness during the day or how crowded it is to walk but i think if everyone does there part it will make everyone who is staying in the hotel happy and a better con experiance

if you have any more suggestions please add on
thank you so much!
Puppsters

Last edited by Puppy-of-Doom : 12-19-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Puppy-of-Doom is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
Inoli
I Nom Swords

Thank you for posting this. <3

I'm an older Con-go-er and sometimes I can't keep up with you pups It's not a bad thing but I do cringe a bit when I see people being a little too wild. Many times the hotels DO warn other guest of the "events" but not always. I like the idea of trying to keep it down a little even during the day but ESPECIALLY at night!

It's a good thing to follow the rules and behavior that you would in any proper public setting. I am a little wary and nervous for people concerning weapons this year. I live in Colorado and with all the national news I've read of all the kids being shot, harmed or arrested over FAKE weapons is just absurd...and we are RIGHT next to LAX, so I do hope people use wisdom and caution and NEVER bring their weapon, no matter how absurd it may look, onto the streets and still be respectful on the main hotel lobby. I'm sure the ALA Staff will have that addressed, they're always on top of things like that! =D

I will say... I was so sad that the last night of the con the hot tub was overrun by people with make up on (lets not point fingers or blame anyone just take it as a LESSON) they had to drain and clean the WHOLE hot tub and it was closed to all hotel guests for a few days and well...guys really if you want in the hot tub or pool please follow some simple directions, shower first (or wash off before putting on your clean cosplay) no shoes NO make up!

and guys it's California, can we please NOT illegally smoke pot in your room? It is against hotel policy and you will be thrown out of the hotel when you are caught...and you will be caught. (and say what you will, yes some have bad reactions to it.)

Lets just be smart, have fun and be respectful of each other, of the hotel and the authorities. trust me you'll still have fun and you won't be in jail XD
Inoli is offline   Reply With Quote