Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 06-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #5566
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
My friend finished her concept sketch of Rave Hannah. I personally love it and plan to put it together. I still plan to have regular Hannah commissioned but since I'm corset training right now, I'm waiting for my waist to get smaller.
That looks great! I can't wait to see you as Hannah, she was actually one of my favorites of the second season-exclusive characters.
On my front, Grell is on the road to be complete 8D Despite it leaving me with very little money left after a kind of disastrous birthday, I am nothing but excited for him. Costume has been ordered after triple-checking all the measurements, and, after posting about maybe trying to make his Sebastian voodoo doll over the summer, a friend of mine actually messaged me to tell me she'd give hers to me for just the cost of shipping since she retired Grell ages ago and hasn't really had any use for it.
So..today I ordered Grell, tomorrow I send her the payment for the doll, and on Wednesday my new Ciel costume is being shipped assuming all goes well. :3 So you can definitely expect pictures of the Ciel costume by the end of the week (it's just coming from a state over), pictures of the Sebastian doll by the end of next week, and pictures of the costume likely by the end of the month or the beginning of next!

I'm going to roll around and be happily broke now, excuse me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #5567
Shana05
Survivor
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,656
I got the bikini top for rave!Hannah. I have to remove the crochet overlay but it has these small ruffles giving it more of a maid feel.

I've been looking at wigs, Hannah is probably the only Black Butler character who doesn't have a bunch of wigs styled for her (except for manga-only characters I guess). There was only one on ebay which I didn't care for. I did however find two that will work well. One from CosplayWigsUSA and one from Epic Cosplay. I'm leaning toward the Epic Cosplay one as I've heard their wigs don't tangle easily which is a concern with really long wigs like this. Although the braid will help matters there.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #5568
CrossedCrowns
Registered User
 
CrossedCrowns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 170
Finally took pictures of my Alois, I love how they came out~! c: I still have to upload the pictures with my Ciel in them though ;w;

@Shana

Aaah I love the concept for Hannah, she's one of my favorite characters as well ah man
__________________
Deviantart|Tumblr
CrossedCrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #5569
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossedCrowns View Post
Finally took pictures of my Alois, I love how they came out~! c: I still have to upload the pictures with my Ciel in them though ;w;

@Shana

Aaah I love the concept for Hannah, she's one of my favorite characters as well ah man
You make an adorable Alois! c:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I got the bikini top for rave!Hannah. I have to remove the crochet overlay but it has these small ruffles giving it more of a maid feel.

I've been looking at wigs, Hannah is probably the only Black Butler character who doesn't have a bunch of wigs styled for her (except for manga-only characters I guess). There was only one on ebay which I didn't care for. I did however find two that will work well. One from CosplayWigsUSA and one from Epic Cosplay. I'm leaning toward the Epic Cosplay one as I've heard their wigs don't tangle easily which is a concern with really long wigs like this. Although the braid will help matters there.
I say Epic Cosplay, just make sure you take care of it. My first wig that I was legitimately going to use for Grell was from them and due to poor storage got matted and tangled horribly anyways >.< Though the braid should help that out a lot.

I'm torn between taking a couple of pictures as Undertaker since I haven't really touched him in a while (not like I've made progress- I completely put him on hold once I started Grell) and doing an official makeup test for Grell...Fake lashes and all.
If I can put the lashes on, then I will. That is the deal I'm making.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #5570
Shana05
Survivor
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,656
I don't know if I read it wrong before or the price has been lowered but Fan + Friend's Hannah is pretty reasonable. I've bought lolita from them before and always been happy with the quality. The color is off but they let you request it be made in a different color.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 03:18 AM   #5571
FullmetalFan
Registered User
 
FullmetalFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 76
Hello! I just happened upon this thread just now. I have been cosplaying Sebastian for about a year and ten months now. I've gone through ridiculous amounts of costume pieces and accessories. And now, after my newer costume no longer fits and is way too big to even consider altering, I will be embarking on the journey that is making my own. With that having been said, I will be doing several different versions. His normal version with both open and closed back vests, the musical version, and the traveling version with top hat. Those are the first on my list of his many! I will probably post about my progress here!

This should be fun!
__________________
Cons for the Year:
= All-con = A-kon = AnimeFEST(or Dragon*Con) = WhoFest = IkkiCon =

Next: AnimeFEST(or Dragon*Con)

Active Cosplay List:
= Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji) =
= William T. Spears (Kuroshitsuji) =
= Germany (Hetalia) =
= Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist) =
= Ianto (Torchwood) =
= Castiel (Supernatural) =
FullmetalFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #5572
ilafatyu
That guy
 
ilafatyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullmetalFan View Post
Hello! I just happened upon this thread just now. I have been cosplaying Sebastian for about a year and ten months now. I've gone through ridiculous amounts of costume pieces and accessories. And now, after my newer costume no longer fits and is way too big to even consider altering, I will be embarking on the journey that is making my own. With that having been said, I will be doing several different versions. His normal version with both open and closed back vests, the musical version, and the traveling version with top hat. Those are the first on my list of his many! I will probably post about my progress here!

This should be fun!
Are you going to do the circus version, too?
__________________

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren (Fire Emblem), Fox (RWBY)
Upgrading : Sheik (armor), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #5573
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
Are you going to do the circus version, too?
Seconding this. Something about that version is just awesome.

Welp, gotta go pick Grell up from the post office tomorrow. I'll edit this when I have some pictures up of the costume! I'm so anxious dear god I hope it fits please be near-perfect ;n;
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 01:29 AM   #5574
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Bumping with the update- Grell cosplay came in..it fits but it's one of my most uncomfortable costumes yet. Because of that I haven't taken any full test pictures, and I'm not sure when I will >.< But it will happen eventually.
I've also been considering Sebastian and decided to play around with makeup for him since I have a decent arsenal..that was either a very good or very bad idea. It turned out fairly well considering I don't have proper eyeshadow/bronzer for contouring yet, and I'm now considering him as a future cosplay..but one of my main priorities there will be being able to get colored contacts when I cosplay him.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #5575
Shana05
Survivor
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,656
I'm considering having the Lævateinn for my Hannah cosplay. But I'm not sure what to make it out of. My only experience with wood is Ukyo's spatula and that was a very flat prop, not so curved like this. I could probably make it out of paper mache but I worry about how sturdy it would be.

Edit: This method looks promising. I'll admit, I brought this up to start up some conversation in here again.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)

Last edited by Shana05 : 07-23-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 11:38 PM   #5576
Kesra
Smooch a Pheonix Today!
 
Kesra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,049
Hey folks! I'm not a Black Butler cosplayer but a friend of mine linked me to this video and I thought of you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MXJFfccm74

Hope it helps someone!
__________________

Finished:
Azula (Season 3, Avatar the Last Airbender)
Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon Stars)

Remaking:
Asami (Season 3, Legend of Korra)

Working on:
Mulan (Mulan)
Princess Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon)
Wonder Woman (Justice League Unlimited)
Power Ranger Villain OC
Huntress (Justice League Unlimited)
White Phoenix of the Crown (X Men)

Check out my new facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/kesracosplay
Kesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #5577
ilafatyu
That guy
 
ilafatyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,014
Kesra: That one looks helpful because you can talk and eat without a problem... But I know I'd both it and wipe that enamel everywhere and look more like a particularly flamboyant pirate than a pointy-toothed reaper.
Thanks for sharing, here's hoping someone gets use from it.
__________________

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren (Fire Emblem), Fox (RWBY)
Upgrading : Sheik (armor), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #5578
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I'm considering having the Lævateinn for my Hannah cosplay. But I'm not sure what to make it out of. My only experience with wood is Ukyo's spatula and that was a very flat prop, not so curved like this. I could probably make it out of paper mache but I worry about how sturdy it would be.

Edit: This method looks promising. I'll admit, I brought this up to start up some conversation in here again.
I hope you find a way to do it! It's so rare to see Hannah and Claude cosplayers in the first place, to see one with Lævateinn would be stunning. I feel like I've seen a tutorial (or at least someone's making of) for the sword specifically but I can't quite recall where I found it..I'll try to hunt it down for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
Kesra: That one looks helpful because you can talk and eat without a problem... But I know I'd both it and wipe that enamel everywhere and look more like a particularly flamboyant pirate than a pointy-toothed reaper.
Thanks for sharing, here's hoping someone gets use from it.
I personally prefer using a mold instead of doing anything directly onto my teeth..it's a lot harder to talk and you can't eat with them in (I wouldn't risk drinking either), but it's easy enough to put them away into a pocket and pop them in for pictures. It just seems easier to me, but to each their own.

Welp. A girl I've wanted to cosplay with for a while is planning several Kuro cosplays for next year and later and we've planned a couple to do together. I think I'm mainly going to do Alois with her Ciel, but we might do others together, I don't know. I know for sure the plan right now is to get Wonderland cosplays at the end of this year and do photoshoots with them sometime.
I'm actually really excited. I've gotten a ton of motivation to cosplay Alois again now, which means..I need to start looking to commission his vest and neckbow to replace my old ones since they don't fit very well.
The remainder of this year will probably be spent just fixing up and finishing Ciel, Alois, and Grell..and we'll be going from there. But I am so excited to be Alois again. Maybe I need to shift gears and make him my main earl since I like all his designs just as much as Ciel's. o.o; He just needs some more overly-detailed ones, really, and he'd be perfect.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #5579
Shana05
Survivor
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
I hope you find a way to do it! It's so rare to see Hannah and Claude cosplayers in the first place, to see one with Lævateinn would be stunning. I feel like I've seen a tutorial (or at least someone's making of) for the sword specifically but I can't quite recall where I found it..I'll try to hunt it down for you.
If you find it, I would really appreciate it. I did see a Claude-Hannah duo have one at ACEN 2011, but it was before I finished season two so I didn't know what is was supposed to be later.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #5580
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
If you find it, I would really appreciate it. I did see a Claude-Hannah duo have one at ACEN 2011, but it was before I finished season two so I didn't know what is was supposed to be later.
Here it is! It's fairly simple, just a good bit of detail work. And the only thing that would cost you a bit is getting Wonderflex to coat it in, but you can skip that step..
http://sunlitebreeze.deviantart.com/...rial-254328561
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Copyright 2002-2018 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.