Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums > Commissions Wanted

Unread 02-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
xJimble

Madoka Magica School Uniform(closed for mean time)

NEED THIS BY THE DATE OF THE 29TH OF MARCH. NEED ASAP.

I am sorry if I offended anyone, I am sorry. Just a bit frustrated and just posted a thing about it. I'll be a bit more friendly about it.
Once again sorry.

Hi there everyone, I am attending a convention of SakuraCon and need a Cosplay that will fit my size. I am willing to 70 dollars due to expenses for ride and a hotel.

Examples are here in this album:
http://imgur.com/a/ajwGO#0

Thank you very much just email me at
Lila.horenstein@gmail.com

Last edited by xJimble : 06-24-2013 at 03:25 AM. Reason: offended people

Unread 02-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
MajesticLunacy
Commissions & College

You're not going to get a Madoka uniform for $70 in less than a month. It will not happen.
Unread 03-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #3
RitsukaUzumaki
Straight as a Rainbow!

Some commissioners have nothing else to do some the date isn't too much of a problem for some, but the price your asking for the cosplay...? You'd most likely get rags to wear. I'd say at least put down $110+shipping on the costume.

But with only giving the commissioner a monthyoure making it a rush order and that usually makes the price shoot through the roof. XP

2014 Cosplay Plans:
Madara(undicided), Naruto(shippuden), Menma,
and Abigail "Misty" Briarton.
Possible 2014 cosplays: Scootaloo
Commissions I'm waiting on: Secret 2014 cosplay.

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/phantomleafpro
DeviantART:
http://ritsukauzumaki.deviantart.com/
http://phantomleafpro.deviantart.com/
FaceBook:
https://www.facebook.com/RitsukaUzumaki

Last edited by RitsukaUzumaki : 03-01-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Unread 03-01-2013, 12:53 AM   #4
MelinCoimas

Also, acting like we're all out to get you and caps lock'ing is not very good if you want anyone to help you out. Obviously no one is looking to be scammed. That said, try shopping for decent fabric before you act like that dirt amount is going to cover materials, labor, skill and time. There are plenty of people who are more than willing to at least pretend to be respectful that we want to work for. I'm so sick of the rude people who talk down to commissioners like we're slaves to be commanded. You can't expect anyone to want to make anything for you if you have no appreciation for the craft or the time put into it. You want a cheap cosplay? Go to eBay and get the cheaply made, non-custom work. We won't miss you.
Unread 03-01-2013, 01:09 AM   #5
JasonTerror
Now known as Sailor Jeimi

Not only is that WAY too cheap to get quality work from a COMMISSIONER, but you can't even get one on EBAY for that low. If ANYTHING....NEVER go less then ebay on budget..That's more then just insulting. that down right messed up that you'd even think that someone should take their time and skill to make something, for a price that can't even afford the garbage ebay spits out.

MelinCoimas, I'm right there with you. I can't even stand reading commission wanted threads anymore.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
-Stocking Anarchy (Panty & Stocking. Normal Ver.)
-Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #6
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

1. There isn't a plaid print that even closely resembles that pattern. Therefore, it would have to be done by hand which is time consuming itself and pleated skirts take a good bit of fabric. Fabric itself being $9.99-12.99. PLUS either bias tape ($3.99/per pack) or fabric paint in order to make the plaid design.

2. The fabric for the outer most top is about $12.99/yard PLUS the same amount of fabric at about $5.99/yard for the lining. PLUS black bias tape red bias tape and lace and fabric for the bow.

3. Fabric for the undershirt being $9.99-12.99/yard unless you make the top just as one whole piece.

It takes 2 maybe 2.5 yards of each fabric for the blazer for the average sized person and about 3-4 times the amount of fabric of your waist measurement for a pleated skirt being that pleats overlap and all that.

On top of that, there's thread, zipper/s, buttons, etc

The fabric alone, easily goes over $70. =/

Last edited by Mykaios : 03-01-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Unread 03-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
xJimble

Sorry if it seemed rude but I wasn't seeming to be rude at all. I am a bit stressed since my friend was willing to do it for me, she bailed on me for doing it but I'm sorry again. I didn't mean to offend anymore. I'll change it ASAP since I was just a bit frustrated with the fact I was bailed on.
; x ;
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
RitsukaUzumaki
Straight as a Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJimble View Post
Sorry if it seemed rude but I wasn't seeming to be rude at all. I am a bit stressed since my friend was willing to do it for me, she bailed on me for doing it but I'm sorry again. I didn't mean to offend anymore. I'll change it ASAP since I was just a bit frustrated with the fact I was bailed on.
; x ;
I'm guessing your new to getting cosplays commissioned and haven't made one yourself, so it's fine. I'm sorry that so many people jumped on you. ^-^'
It's just that commissioners get a lot of stress and one thing that is very irritating is when you get people asking for a cosplay, but pretty much want it for free. : P

Anyways, you've pretty much gotten prices it's gonna cost($100-$160 I'd guess), but you'll still need to find someone to make it and find out shipping costs.

Everything depends on your commissioner, so good luck finding one that's perfect for you! :3

2014 Cosplay Plans:
Madara(undicided), Naruto(shippuden), Menma,
and Abigail "Misty" Briarton.
Possible 2014 cosplays: Scootaloo
Commissions I'm waiting on: Secret 2014 cosplay.

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/phantomleafpro
DeviantART:
http://ritsukauzumaki.deviantart.com/
http://phantomleafpro.deviantart.com/
FaceBook:
https://www.facebook.com/RitsukaUzumaki
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #9
xJimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitsukaUzumaki View Post
I'm guessing your new to getting cosplays commissioned and haven't made one yourself, so it's fine. I'm sorry that so many people jumped on you. ^-^'
It's just that commissioners get a lot of stress and one thing that is very irritating is when you get people asking for a cosplay, but pretty much want it for free. : P

Anyways, you've pretty much gotten prices it's gonna cost($100-$160 I'd guess), but you'll still need to find someone to make it and find out shipping costs.

Everything depends on your commissioner, so good luck finding one that's perfect for you! :3
Yeah, I am new since I don't know how much stress it puts but I can I can relate to commissions for Artists but I still feel bad for jumping on people and seeming rude when I was just irritated. But I just need the shirt since I do have the skirt already since it is really easy to make but the shirt seems like I am going to drop kick it. But thank you for your kindness. I am going to keep looking.
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #10
Dokudel
Doky Doky

You may be able to find someone who has a used costume for the price. If you need to keep it under a budget. But making a new one will cost a lot more. I am currently making a Madoka uniform for myself and the print I will be using for the skirt cost me about $12.99 a yard plus shipping. The fact I wanted the fabric to be continuous I purchased 3 yards to be on the safe side if I did any mess ups. Hope you are able to find someone. <3

Interested in a costume? Message me for commissions!
~*Conventions for 2013*~
MAGFest, Setsucon, Katsucon, SpringFEST NY, Castle Point Anime, D.C. Sakura Matsuri, N.Y.C. Sakura Matsuri, Steam Punk Worlds Fair, Animazement, Otakon, AAC, AnimeUSA, and TAKII.
Unread 03-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #11
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Hey guys can we please stop jumping on people who ask for commission on too low of a budget. She doesn't need 5 people attacking her and saying the exact same thing. If her budget is too low leave her alone

Also, I'm booked until after Sakuracon or else I would try to do this for you. Sorry and Good luck!
Try checking goodwill for similar parts (skirt, sweater, button up shirt)
Unread 03-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
iSeika

I wish I could like post on here because I totally agree with everything Ichigo has said.
Checking in the goodwill is a good idea! I was actually looking around for stuff there to use for the Madoka school uniform and actually found some skirts that were close to the uniforms skirt.

Nekocon
Rofcon

Definite 2013 Cosplays

Meredy - Tales of Eternia
School Uniform Madoka - PMMM
Magical Girl Ranka Lee - Macross Frontier Sayonara no Tsubasa

Possible 2013 Cosplays

Champion Iris - Pokemon B&W2
Yuzuki Yukari - Vocaloid 3
Serah Farron - FF13
Elize - Tales of Xillia
Magical Girl Madoka - PMMM

Cosplay/Anime Facebook
Unread 03-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #13
xJimble

I will be searching because I am pretty sure if I can find one my size since I'm not the skinniest person around.
Unread 03-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #14
BruisedBlood
Your demon butler

If the price is too low just don't even bother to comment and give her a speech // Maybe she cant afford outragous prices at least she is being honest up front

and I would say goodwill plus thrift shops ^^
oAttending NYCC? come check out my thread and post there
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...07#post4620307

(\/)
( . .)
c(")(")

*Contact me on skype ID:emorawrtastic :'3
*Contact me on Facebook :3
http://www.facebook.com/#!/hayden.davatilshi

Unread 03-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #15
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

It's not that we're trying to attack her (I at least laid out the material costs and I know some of us could've worded our posts better rather than lashing out at her and what not), but it's the fact that she is seeking a commission, for a full costume, for less than the cheapest market price for one that is made in a sweatshop overseas.