Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > MegaCon

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 08-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!
 
ShiNo_Usagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,182
MegaCon 2010 Con Hotel?

I have been going to Megacon for 5 or 6 years now but I never stay at the con. hotel and was wondering if it's the same hotel year-after-year or if it changes. I want to book my room as early as possible so any information would be greatly appreciated!
__________________
2015 Cosplays

Sailor Moon (Crystal) - 100% Complete!


*~Progress~*


ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 08-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
Un-Kun
Wanted: Sunshine in a Bag
 
Un-Kun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 212
It's usually the same, as far as I know. But I never stay at the hotel because I don't feel it's worth it.

Even when Megacon changed internal locations (From one section of the convention center to the next. Wasn't it even in a different building a year or two ago?) the Days Inn I stay at has always been pretty close by. Closer than whatever hotel they're partnered with. And for much cheaper, too, so I usually just stay there. But I'd say just check on their website if you want to stay at their hotel.

But book early! (at least a couple of months ahead? Am I right?). I usually book the hotel a month ahead of time at the least, and I stay at the Day's Inn, so it's only fair to assume the con's "hotel" sells out rather quickly as well.
Un-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!
 
ShiNo_Usagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-Kun View Post
It's usually the same, as far as I know. But I never stay at the hotel because I don't feel it's worth it.

Even when Megacon changed internal locations (From one section of the convention center to the next. Wasn't it even in a different building a year or two ago?) the Days Inn I stay at has always been pretty close by. Closer than whatever hotel they're partnered with. And for much cheaper, too, so I usually just stay there. But I'd say just check on their website if you want to stay at their hotel.

But book early! (at least a couple of months ahead? Am I right?). I usually book the hotel a month ahead of time at the least, and I stay at the Day's Inn, so it's only fair to assume the con's "hotel" sells out rather quickly as well.
I usually stay pretty close by to the con. but i hate having to pay for parking at the con, center and wanted to stay somewhere where other cosplayers are at and that has a shuttle to and from the convention center. So I figured the con. hotel would be cheap, at least cheaper than where I was staying.
__________________
2015 Cosplays

Sailor Moon (Crystal) - 100% Complete!


*~Progress~*


ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
Un-Kun
Wanted: Sunshine in a Bag
 
Un-Kun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 212
The con hotel for Megacon is never cheap.

I highly advise the Day's Inn. It's affordable, is within reasonable walking distance (I think it's only point something miles from the con), and has free parking. And there will definately be cosplayers there. There always is. Don't you know, we cosplayers are always looking for a sweet deal XD
Un-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!
 
ShiNo_Usagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-Kun View Post
The con hotel for Megacon is never cheap.

I highly advise the Day's Inn. It's affordable, is within reasonable walking distance (I think it's only point something miles from the con), and has free parking. And there will definately be cosplayers there. There always is. Don't you know, we cosplayers are always looking for a sweet deal XD
My thing is I can't walk to the con. center, I have large props that I'd rather transport in a vehicle, if they have free shuttle service to the con. then awesome! I will look into it as a possibility. I've been staying at the Marriott Garden Suite for the past 3 or 4 years but it's sooo expensive and doesn't have a shuttle to the convention center x__x so yeah, had a super nice room but still had to drive to the convention center and pay for the parking there each day =(
__________________
2015 Cosplays

Sailor Moon (Crystal) - 100% Complete!


*~Progress~*


ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #6
Foos
Monster Hunter Addict!
 
Foos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,305
It's been awhile, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in. XD The Red Roof Inn is directly beside the Convention Center (Behind the Rosen Centre). It's cheap and a lot of cosplayers stay there. Personally, I always get a few rooms for my friends and I at the Rosen Centre itself, but only because someone in my family works there. XD It's a little pricey otherwise.
Foos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #7
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!
 
ShiNo_Usagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foos View Post
It's been awhile, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in. XD The Red Roof Inn is directly beside the Convention Center (Behind the Rosen Centre). It's cheap and a lot of cosplayers stay there. Personally, I always get a few rooms for my friends and I at the Rosen Centre itself, but only because someone in my family works there. XD It's a little pricey otherwise.
This is actually where I decided on staying =) Room will be booked soon, had planned on booking it this week but other events unexpectedly sprung up with unexpected expense so I have to wait a few more weeks before I book the room.
__________________
2015 Cosplays

Sailor Moon (Crystal) - 100% Complete!


*~Progress~*


ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 12:45 AM   #8
J Ryoga
I CAME TO PLAY!
 
J Ryoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,736
Yes, I wanted to get an idea of which hotels people recommend the most. How much do rooms usually go for under the convention rate?
__________________
J Ryoga
Going Hardcore On Cosplays And Cons Without Hesitation Or Reason!
Neku, Snow, Len, Vanitas, Naruto, Cloud, Morpheus, Sora, Tidus, Link, Sasuke...
And the list goes on!
J Ryoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Copyright 2002-2017 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.