Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Unread 06-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #31
Kibalover100
Super Kiba!

Me, My Boy Friend, My Best Friend, and My Brother should be going to this! I can't wait! I'll be going as Axel(in a dress) my BF should be going as Roxas(in a tux), my BFF should be going as Mello(outfit: unknown), and my Bro should be going as Matt(in a tux). OHHHH I can't wait!
Kibalover100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #32
Cheebes
High Wizard

Me me me! Princess Hao, from Shaman King. :') I'm kind of combining the two designs that were created for her.

FloROCos - Bringing Ragnarok back, one con at a time.

Attending:
Megacon
ColossalCon
Treasure Coast Comic Con
Holiday Matsuri

Facebook
Tumblr
Cheebescake @ Instagram

Cheebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #33
Elegant Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibalover100 View Post
Me, My Boy Friend, My Best Friend, and My Brother should be going to this! I can't wait! I'll be going as Axel(in a dress) my BF should be going as Roxas(in a tux), my BFF should be going as Mello(outfit: unknown), and my Bro should be going as Matt(in a tux). OHHHH I can't wait!
Oh, haha, I'm going to hunt you down just to tackle your Axel and get a picture. =D And Matt. We miss you Matt! TT.TT
Elegant Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 08:46 AM   #34
Elegant Balance

I just realized something horrible....... I used the wrong color for my hat and even bought the wrong color..... O.o

.....I have to start over...... TT.TT
Unread 06-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #35
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

Awwwuh! Good luck, Elegant Balance!

Tu-Tuxedo Matt?? Erm, if Ryoko Mitsurugi goes out of character for a few moments to fawn over someone she oughtn't, I blame you guys. XD I'm so excited about this year! I'm really looking forward to dancing with everyone who wants to dance with us!
Friday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (Orlandia); Saturday: Dasha, Ryoko Mitsurugi; Sunday: Zubat (Pokemon Snap panel), Dasha
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #36
Prota-Girl
Get Jinxed!

I'll be Lelouch in his Zero attire, but with the half satin mask that goes up to my nose, so it's a mask and somewhat in character...however, I'll be going with a super tall Greed from FMA. xDDD <3

Ciri (Witcher III), Dr Strange (Marvel MCU), Midori Fairy!
Prota-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #37
Elegant Balance

Should we all meet up? =3 That might be alot of fun.
Oh, Kitsune, I have to go back to Orlando to get more of the bulk I had found because I didn't know the number or anything. I live in the Pan-handle, but yeah, I'm getting it fixed. =3
Unread 06-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #38
KurohaneShizumi
☆静☆

My group and I will be doing Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking-Glass. :3

We will have:
Alice (Orig.)
The Hatter (Movie Kilt Ver.)
The White Queen (Orig.)
The Ace of Spades (Human Disney Ver.)
March Hare (Orig.) [MAYBE]
Unread 06-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #39
Elegant Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
For anyone going to the Fantasy Masquerade who wants learn to ballroom dance (or needs a refresher) - there's going to be a dance lesson panel this year before the Masquerade! It will be on the Riverwalk from 5 to 6 PM on Friday, ending one hour before the Masquerade begins.

I need to go brush up on dancing myself now. ^^;
Oh, I so need to go to that! I can't dance besides rave. XD That's why I'm so extatic for Club Metro! Woot, woot! >.<
Unread 06-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #40
Elegant Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurohaneShizumi View Post
My group and I will be doing Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking-Glass. :3

We will have:
Alice (Orig.)
The Hatter (Movie Kilt Ver.)
The White Queen (Orig.)
The Ace of Spades (Human Disney Ver.)
March Hare (Orig.) [MAYBE]
Oh! That's going to be great!!! >.<
Unread 06-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #41
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

Careful not to be distracted by information from last year's Fantasy Masquerade! :3 This year's theme is not steampunk (but steampunk costumes, still awesome and welcomed!), but, ala the rest of the convention, ninja and samurai.

This year there are a whole lot of dance classes to look into, too! And not just before the Masquerade, but throughout the whole weekend! Here's a copy-paste from the Events schedule; these are all out at the Riverwalk:

FRIDAY

How to Not Suck at Dancing! -- 1:00 PM

Do you want to go to the rave and NOT look like a fool?

Are you afraid of tripping over your two left feet at the Masquerade?

Do you SUCK at Dancing?!

Well this is the panel for you! Come join your favorite cosplayers as we break down the steps to: The Box Step Waltz (with Ciel and Sebastian), Swing Dancing (with Axel and Roxas), and The Standard Rave (with Snake in a Box). We'll make it so easy that even YOU won't SUCK at Dancing!

Brought to you by: MBLSM, LLC

Dance Workshop! -- 2:00 PM & 3:00 PM

Calling all aspiring dancers!

Join us for a fun filled dance workshop and learn to put some swag in your moves. Dances moves that are sure to impress anyone and prepare you for the rave, or any time in public. Beginners to advanced dancers will enjoy this interactive panel.

You will need to be dressed in comfortable and flexible attire and don't forget the water.

We will also be having a special guest make an appearance!

Dancercise with Sumomo! -- 4:00 PM

Love to dance?
Love to play games?
Love to have lots of fun?

Come join Sumomo from Chobits in 'Dancercise with Sumomo!'. Famous for her cute dance moves while she's in stand-by mode and her wakey wakey exercises, Sumomo has put together a panel sure to get those bodies moving. Sumomo will lead everyone in dances and games put to the music of popular techno and jrock songs, along with ice breakers designed to help you get to know your fellow con-goer and hopefully make some new friends!

Come party with Sumomo! Play some games, make some new friends, and shake your groove thing like never before!

*There will be light exercising, a bit of running, and a bunch of dancing. Everyone is encouraged to attend, but if you are cosplaying and your costume prevents such activities perhaps think about changing outfits before coming.

SATURDAY

Dance Workshop 2! -- 7:00 PM & 8:00 PM

Calling all aspiring dancers Again!

Join us for another fun filled dance workshop and learn how to change up your moves. Dance moves that are sure prepare you for your moment in the spotlight or just in your living room. Even if you missed "Dance workshop", all aspiring dancers will enjoy this interactive panel.

You will need to be dressed in comfortable and flexible attire and don't forget the water.

We will also be having a special guest make an appearance!

SUNDAY

Dance Crazy? -- 10:00 AM & 11:00 AM

Didn't get enough dancing this weekend??

This is the panel for you!

I'll teach a few dance moves and let you dance to your hearts content!

Come wearing comfortable attire and don't forget the water.

(*Note: There's plenty more going on at the Riverwalk, too, like the Fire Show and Zombie Wars! Check out Metroconventions.com for the full events schedule!)

I can't wait to finish learning more ballroom dancing! I'm getting decent at leading, so if anyone wants to learn on the fly during the Masquerade, flag down Ryoko Mitsurugi! Or any of host samurai or visiting ninjas: Katsushri, Kambei, Kuno, Taki, Zeal, and many more! We all hope to dance with our visiting guests.
Friday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (Orlandia); Saturday: Dasha, Ryoko Mitsurugi; Sunday: Zubat (Pokemon Snap panel), Dasha

Last edited by Kitsune : 06-29-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #42
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality

Reviving 2009 threads... always confuses me...

I want to go, but I have yet to find anyone to go with. And don't really have a mask... maybe not even a dress... but I'd like to go!

KITSUNE! Your Dream is amazing!! Seriously! I've always wanted to see someone cosplay him. He's sexy! Hahaha. Too bad you're not doing Gambit again for Metrocon, though I may not be doing Rogue...

2015 Cosplays: Chell - Portal, kigurumi mask

Last edited by onewingedjade : 06-29-2010 at 03:15 PM.
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #43
DavinDaLilAzn

It's not official yet, but I think my group of friends are doing a Formal GI Joe group (Storm Shadow, Baroness, Scarlett, and Snake Eyes). It'll be pretty simple for me, especially after Rise of Cobra, since all I'll need is just an all white suit/tux and throw on my Storm Shadow mask.
DavinDaLilAzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #44
KurohaneShizumi
☆静☆

Just putting it out there that we've added a Cheshire Cat (Disney/Movie Mix Human Ver.) and a White Rabbit (Ditto) to our group. :3
Unread 06-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #45
Elegant Balance

Oooh! I'm going to be hunting Cheshire this weekend then. Crusing my obsession. XD

And I'm almost done with my dress. (Finally!!!!!) It's taken all nighters and a whole month, but I'm almost there. Now I have to work on embrodery. =3