Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 10-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
missxtinaaa

Cosplaying mama

I wanted to start Cosplaying since I actually have a good job now, but recently had a baby and have MAJOR baby belly. (the "loose skin" look I guess you could say.) please do not judge me.
Any other mamas had this problem, and how did you get rid of that weird stomach??
and possibly an exercise to get rid of my large love handles, too :P hehe
missxtinaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
Drazhar

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.

The first thing I thought on seeing the thread title was those "X Mama" games, like Cooking Mama.

As for workouts, there are plenty of things you can do, just remember that taking weight off too fast isn't good for the skin.

I'll refrain from specific suggestions as I've never been in that position, though I did see this the other day and thought it was impressive: http://herscoop.com/posts/inspirational-baron-changed/
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
missxtinaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazhar View Post
I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.

The first thing I thought on seeing the thread title was those "X Mama" games, like Cooking Mama.

As for workouts, there are plenty of things you can do, just remember that taking weight off too fast isn't good for the skin.

I'll refrain from specific suggestions as I've never been in that position, though I did see this the other day and thought it was impressive: http://herscoop.com/posts/inspirational-baron-changed/

talk about INSPIRATION!
that is awesome! I'm going to have to look into that. thank you.
missxtinaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
zandratirth

Congratulations on motherhood. :-) It is quite normal to have baby belly for awhile after you've had the baby. As for getting back into shape time, exercise, and diet (plus smart costume design to not highlight problem areas). Sometimes diet doesn't work if your nursing. I could never eat a deficit of calories when I was nursing without impacting my milk supply so I just tried to make healthier choices in food. For exercise, I got an exercise bike so I can workout without leaving the house.

Time is a big factor in getting back to were your body was before you were pregnant (and in all reality your body won't be exactly the same as pre-pregnancy, growing a whole human being is a lot of work). People who were super fit before pregnancy have personal trainers/nutritionist can do it in few months but your average person will take a year or more. I had my second baby a year ago and I still have 6 pounds to lose before I reach my pre-pregnancy weight. I also have stretch marks from both my pregnancies (if/what happens to your stretch marks is largely genetic).

As for cosplaying while getting back into shape, try to alter designs so the hit in more flattering areas, allow for easy altering in regions that you are losing weight (lace up backs work really well for this), and I've heard shape-wear can do wonders.
zandratirth is offline   Reply With Quote