Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 04-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #61
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Wow... I was planning on attending this year and may have to cancel my plans. This is just disgusting...
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #62
Monocle_Complex
Ranger 26 Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory_Times View Post
This I actually do not agree with you fully on. Anyone who has worked in customer service knows no matter what happens you will get complaints. Some people have genuine complaints, others do not (a large number of complaints are in fact people just wanting to vent steam at someone for something unrelated, which is not acceptable, and in which case you don't have to be a bigger man/women, you just end dealings with said person). The trick is to be able to quickly analyze what has happened, see if there is a genuine complaint and respond accordingly (generally if needed asking for more details, providing explanations if there is one, etc).

Not all complaints are valid is basically what I am saying. However in this case the complaints look valid and thus should be treat as such, the con should be ashamed by there response and I hope it does come back and bite them as I can't see them learning any other way.
That's a very insightful way of looking at it. Despite the potentiality of coming off a hypocrite I do certainly agree with you in that instance.

They did state prior that there had been some name-calling, which had been pitched around. And whiles I understand consumer frustration-- angrily venting at someone and calling them inappropriate things hardly makes a resolution come quicker. [It was not my intent to say that an angry customer should be encouraged to act out unnecessarily as some of them had.] Having worked with angry customers myself I understand this as well. Not all complaints are well meaning or justified. Focusing on the context of the argument between convention officials and their clients however I feel they were very out of line. If they had receive complaints early by a large audience and the number was beginning to stack significantly the right thing to do would be to issue an apology, or at least write that they had taken all criticism's into account and will deal with them as fairly as they can. For them to state that people simply did not appreciate their hard work however and making unfair assumptions should have been dealt with differently.

To be fair, their response seemed very well meaning and informative until they got to the middle of their post. Then it turned into a rant. Which is unfortunate. If they want to scrap AA that's up to them. But to blatantly blame the artists because they were placed in poor conditions and expecting them not to complain about it just... it baffles me.

CONvergence 2019:
Atem from Yu-Gi-Oh [0% Complete]

Last edited by Monocle_Complex : 04-24-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #63
Shana05
Survivor

I thought I'd share this blog post about Aki-Con written from one of the artists. It has a lot of details about what happened at the con and how they dealt with complaints afterward.

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #64
Gamedraco Cosplay
Use the Triforce Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I thought I'd share this blog post about Aki-Con written from one of the artists. It has a lot of details about what happened at the con and how they dealt with complaints afterward.
Nuts! Someone needs to call the city and state government agencies responsible for health and safety. File a complaint about this convention here.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

Conventions Attending:
2016 Wondercon

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Complete
Hero's Shade: Complete
Majora's Mask Skull Kid: In progress. Patterns Drafted
Future Cosplay plans:
Paper Mario 64 Bowser
Sceptile
Personal Fursona

Last edited by Gamedraco Cosplay : 04-24-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Gamedraco Cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #65
Amanita

Hot damn, I just read through that and what a freaking mess!
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote