Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 03-10-2018, 10:36 PM   #79351
Zoeyromanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Forgot how much of a pain pinning bias tape stripes is.
This would have been me with sewing the pink bias tape I would've needed for Blue Angel...
--
So happy I got Celina's skirt today! Found some skirts at Tommy like I figured, but despite being in my price range (being at an outlet) it was waay too long on me, especially with me being short. So I didn't take it; but I found one at Sirens. Only difference is that the skirt has a lace up detail that would be hidden by the belt I'd be wearing. Also...it's stretch material which isn't bad, but I was more in the market for canvas or jean.
Also I tried it on with all the stuff I have, and didn't realize it makes me look taller o.o'. And I snagged myself Celina's jacket as well today, so all I need is the wig! But I can hold that off 'til later. Stuff coming from overseas is what I'm more worried about. Had to buy another listing since the one I had in mind actually went up.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
Trickstar Sweet Devil, Yugioh [Fan Expo 2019]
Trickstar Band Sweet Guitar, Yugioh [Fan Expo 2019]

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / Twitter

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too." -- Wonder Woman, Justice League War

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
BIRD POWER!
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #79352
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

So my friend is thinking of her cosplans for this year and she brought up the possibility of wedding kimono Hinata from Naruto. I am all on board for making it. *_* Plus as I need to make a wedding kimono for myself so the timing is great. xD

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2018, 03:56 PM   #79353
Maurishio-kun
17 forever!!

My mom doesn't stop asking me questions about my cosplays, even of those I want to keep for myself and the people at the con, I mean, everyone but them. Everyone at my house can't stop asking me what's that motor sounding at night and what am I making and if I'm making toe costume of a girl or a boy.

My parents make me feel embarassed when they made me show my Len Kagamine cosplay to my grandparents and always blame my costumes for every flu I get, how am I supposed to have confidence after they did that to me and my cosplays?

I'm starting to feel uncomfortable about that.

"I have two dreams in my life: Going to Japan and throwing eggs to Jeannie Mai."

Maurishio-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2018, 11:50 AM   #79354
Syon
leads the crusade

Whenever I start to think cosplay is a weird way to spend all my money, I now remind myself about the patchwork booths I have seen at a recent fabric fair, that I went to. A hobby, originaly founded on the idea of turning scrap fabric into something useful (and thus saveing money), had the most expensive products on display.
Syon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2018, 03:05 PM   #79355
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Blah, was thinking about buying wigs from Wigisfashion for Velvet but the wigs they have on sale are only 24inches and I know I want something in the 30s due to her hair length. Dang it, this is one of the few times I don't wanna go epic because Velvet's hair has a crapton of volume and epic's long wigs don't unless I put it wefts but then the wig will be expensive. T_T I could risk waiting for wigisfashion to have a sale on their 30s black wigs or buy them now for full price. I wouldn't be so worried normally but I need it for next month. >_<

EDIT: So Firefly path posted a video online of sequined fabric from the LA Fabric District...and one of the fabrics in the video looked like it would be PERFECT for Shura.So now I'm on the hunt for a good sequined fabric. I did find a possible one in silver, made with paillette. It kinda has a scaly look and it's shiny. Going to be doing a bit more digging before I commit.

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 03-13-2018 at 09:59 PM.
TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2018, 09:59 PM   #79356
Alyxiane
Still a growing bud.

Hey thanks weather for not letting me do much with Miriam's sword since I kind of need the outside to do my sanding, and it's going to be raining for the rest of the week. Hoo boy.

Fanime is now 2 1/2 months away so it's now feeling like a crunch time before the crunch time for me! The first wave of the gatherings list also got uploaded, so the only thing certain in my line up would be Ahri for Saturday. Miriam would probably be for Sunday or Friday depending on who and when I can get photoshoots for either of my cosplays done (I could be Ahri for Friday or Sunday again for all I know).

I might end up doing the Cosplay Ball after all, though I'll just wear a simple formal version of Miriam and kind of just keep it lax throughout the evening.
Mai ~ ATLA | Fairy Hanayo ~ Love Live! | AN-94 ~ Girls' Frontline

Alyxiane is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2018, 12:07 AM   #79357
Respawning

I don't know why Pinky Paradise decided to ship my contacts from Kuala Lumpur to Calgary Via Germany, instead of just going across the Pacific, since it is a 4000 km further distance to go over the entire rest of the planet. They have just arrived in Montreal now though, so hurray! They're in the country! You know. The other side of the country.

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC, Ciri
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel, DC Bombshells Batwoman, Art Nouveau mermaid, Felmmigan (Morrigan/Flemeth) Dragon Age
Working on: ??

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2018, 12:16 AM   #79358
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

So I just saw Free! Take Your Marks, and it was really good! And now I have another version of Makoto that I really wanna do(coughintheEDcough) <333 BUT idk when. ;w;

"No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?" -Kairi

"Looks like today we're clockin' out early!" -Reno

Yay! (ノω)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #79359
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Found the neatest fabric today. I was trying to find a nice black satin brocade for my overbust, and I stumbled upon this heavy black satin with a blue sheen to it, looked almost double-sided (smooth satin on top, a soft twill-like weave in blue on back), and even weirder, it was COTTON. And CHEAP AS HELL. Like, WHAT. I have NEVER seen cotton fabric like that. I'm going to have to burn test a bit of that sucker to see if the label was exaggerating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2018, 10:47 PM   #79360
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

^ Please let us know the results, because I'm curious now too!

Whooooo boy I'm in for a rough next two weeks if I wanna get everything done in time for AB. Doesn't help that I've just been exhausted this past week... sitting in bed now making sure I have all the relevant cosplay tasks on my to-do list, and knocking out the half dozen 3D models I need for prop parts.
  • Lapis Lazuli (Houseki no Kuni) : ??% (Wig Styling) Late Spring 2018
  • Gym Uniform Todoroki (BNHA): ??% (Planning) Summer 2018
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2018, 10:58 PM   #79361
lunaflora

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Found the neatest fabric today. I was trying to find a nice black satin brocade for my overbust, and I stumbled upon this heavy black satin with a blue sheen to it, looked almost double-sided (smooth satin on top, a soft twill-like weave in blue on back), and even weirder, it was COTTON. And CHEAP AS HELL. Like, WHAT. I have NEVER seen cotton fabric like that. I'm going to have to burn test a bit of that sucker to see if the label was exaggerating.
Seems like satin-faced cotton twill to me. now you know what to google search for xD

edit: google also says Satin twill apparently.

Last edited by lunaflora : 03-16-2018 at 11:06 PM.
lunaflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2018, 05:18 PM   #79362
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

So I still need more practice sewing in snaps. Since that was the only part of my first 100% scratchbuilt costume that failed today.

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2018, 08:09 PM   #79363
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaflora View Post
Seems like satin-faced cotton twill to me. now you know what to google search for xD

edit: google also says Satin twill apparently.
Yeah, I called it that because "well, it's satin on this side and twill on that side... I'll just call it "satin twill" for now!"
Still, I've NEVER seen that kind of stuff made out of cotton. That's my biggest intrigue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2018, 12:00 PM   #79364
Zoeyromanov

Had to e-mail Fm-Anime for progress on the bow, because for some reason I can't access my account page to see it. Speaking of hair bows, Arda Wigs recently compensated me Maple Coins because of something to do with redeeming my coupon for a colour sample? So that helps me out a lot for my future purchase of my Shay and Celina wig.
And progress for Celina's bracelet is going extremely smooth; overall progress I might add . Her bracelet is 95% done, I just need to stick a little something in the hole where I stick the 'loop' because it's very loose. So it doesn't hold the outer ring like it should but I'll figure it out.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
Trickstar Sweet Devil, Yugioh [Fan Expo 2019]
Trickstar Band Sweet Guitar, Yugioh [Fan Expo 2019]

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / Twitter

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too." -- Wonder Woman, Justice League War

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
BIRD POWER!
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2018, 08:30 PM   #79365
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

So I've decided that I'm going to wear Merida to Grape City con. I really want decent photos of the cosplay especially after adding more wefts to my wig. I need to fix the quiver and bow, and do a couple touch ups to the dress, but I'm excited to be her again. :3

"No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?" -Kairi

"Looks like today we're clockin' out early!" -Reno

Yay! (ノω)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote