Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #42106
BlindMaiden101
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Holy shit. Stop typing.
no im confused! too much going on for me pretty small-when-tha-thinks-about-it brain to understand
BlindMaiden101 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #42107
penny_dreadful
la ctholita
 
penny_dreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Oi!
PSSSH. PSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Maybe it's because I'm wearing SV's Transmetropolitan smiley face button, but I'm feeling kind of mean today.
__________________
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #42108
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
And proper ales should usually be served room temp.
It's my understanding though that what "room temperature" is is sort of debatable. I guess because the rooms where ale is stored are cooler than say the temperature of a kitchen or living room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
I "know" all you guys, but this thread feels totally foreign now.
That's because you ARE a foreigner you French-Canadian you!
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #42109
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 16,480
Is it too late for me to agree that Iced tea (both your gross unsweetened American version and the gross sweetened stuff that's the norm in Canada) is disgusting?
__________________
Deviantart
Storenvy
Facebook (Artist alley only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #42110
sam vimes
A real live wire
 
sam vimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,716
Why do I always think that Ray Bradbury is Irish?
__________________
Raising respectable and dignified ferrets since 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #42111
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Well, my original intent was to sit there and watch Safety and The Hag and Sam and people argue about Hemingway.
Then I think I got there too late.
Mr. Moose is absolutely entitled to like Hemingway and I will refrain from criticizing his literary taste. However his demand that Hemingway not be disparaged in his presence is laughable. And so I laugh. Ha! And again. Ha!
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #42112
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks
 
fullbleed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
It's my understanding though that what "room temperature" is is sort of debatable. I guess because the rooms where ale is stored are cooler than say the temperature of a kitchen or living room.



That's because you ARE a foreigner you French-Canadian you!
Sure if its in pub the beer from pumps will be colder than the rest of the room.

But if its a beer festival, which is beer drinking in its purest most unadulterated form, the beer will be warmer due to nothing to cool the barrels.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag
I would have used my awesome space-time warping powers to reach through the internet and throttle your scrawny pole-dancing film-making neck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #42113
BisectedBrioche
Selfie Queen
 
BisectedBrioche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
You are wrong on both counts here.

Ice tea is the most thirst quenching drink in existance.

And proper ales should usually be served room temp.



Oi!
No, most proper ales are brewed at room temperature (in the sense of normal, ambiant room-you're-sitting-in temperature). They're served slightly colder (i.e. the temperature of a cellar in which they would be stored).

Besides, surely you of all people would rather have your tea before it's cool?
__________________
Me on twitter.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%) Sheik (?)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #42114
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
But if its a beer festival, which is beer drinking in its purest most unadulterated form, the beer will be warmer due to nothing to cool the barrels.
The only beer festival I've ever been to was in Germany and I'll be honest - I don't remember how cold the beer was because I was too busy going, "HOLY FUCK! I'm at a beer festival in fucking GERMANY! WHEEE!" But it certainly was the purest and most unadulterated form of beer drinking I have ever experienced.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #42115
BlindMaiden101
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 533
ow me head! this confusion hurts! i guess, why does me head hurt, is it cos im not all that bright
BlindMaiden101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #42116
Kildread
I can fix it!
 
Kildread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
That's because you ARE a foreigner you French-Canadian you!
I must like being foreign then, even to my peers.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #42117
penny_dreadful
la ctholita
 
penny_dreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,316
As far as I'm concerned, beer should never be drunk at all, by anyone, except in dire circumstances where no better-tasting beverage is available, but I realize this is a minority opinion and I do not judge others for their appreciation of it.
__________________
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #42118
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
I must like being foreign then, even to my peers.
I liked being foreign when I was. Fewer people talked to me and I didn't feel like I had to pay attention to local politics.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #42119
BlindMaiden101
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 533
i dont drink beer, i like cider
BlindMaiden101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #42120
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
As far as I'm concerned, beer should never be drunk at all, by anyone, except in dire circumstances where no better-tasting beverage is available, but I realize this is a minority opinion and I do not judge others for their appreciation of it.
But it should most definitely be put in chocolate cake.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Copyright 2002-2018 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.