Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 05-05-2009, 01:36 AM   #31
Saeru
What is life w/o meaning?
 
Saeru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creazil View Post
First of, kudos to you for an amazing, detailed costume! And sorry for bringing up an old thread. *hopes you still check on it once in a while*

I'm attempting an anti form Sora myself and totally fell in love with your wig (I would steal it if I lived closer to you). However, after scouring your wig pictures, I noticed I couldn't see your ears, most likely due to it blending in with the blackness that is you.

So I was wondering, are your ears hidden by the wig, or are they visible, just painted black with the makeup?
My ears are about half-visible while I'm wearing this wig...we have to paint them, and I tend to spend the next week trying to get paint out of my ears. ^.^


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostiee View Post
So, when you do all that with the hair cement and freeze spray, can it all still wash out if you screw up, or is it permanent after drying?

Awesome tutorial; I'm definately passing this on to a friend who wants to cosplay anti sora. :3
The reason I use Got2B is because its meant to wash out of regular hair...so its got an extremely tight hold all the way up until water is added. ^.^ I actually started using this fact later on...I'd color the hair, spike the hair, and then wet the spike to smooth it out and blend the colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzykitty_01 View Post
omg i love this tutorial and how it turned out! i'm going to use it for a sora cosplay, okay? btw, i couldn't find la bella anywhere, so i have to ask if hair gel for synthetic hair would work?
I would assume so. ^.^ I switched to Got2B gel/glue, but you have to be careful to match light wigs with light glue and dark wigs with dark or clear gel...
There are probably a number of products that exist I haven't even begun to play with yet! o.o If it works, definitely let us know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inufan078 View Post
OMG thank you!! This is going to help lots! Now I was wondering... I work at a hairdresser's shop and I'm getting one of the (or a couple) of the stylists to help me with my wig and one of them said that the hard shell of soap(like hard soap, scrapping off the top layer) works well for spikes is this true? Or...?
I haven't heard of this before, but it does make sense...soap hardens when dry, and is slick when wet, so it seems like about the same concept as regular hair-gel. I'd give it a try! o.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette View Post
Sorry for necro posting - but also what would help instead of got2b and hair cement is clear caulking stuff you can find at home depot and ace hardware. Got2b and hair cement is meant for real hair. Clear caulking stuff will really make the wig PERMANENTLY stiff. Spray adhesive also works wonders
Thanks for the tips! ^.^ I had been wondering what hardware-level glues would work on wigs...
Saeru is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 05-15-2009, 02:04 PM   #32
Annette
Annette1030
 
Annette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 184
Oh and there's a polyurethane gloss called "minwax":
http://www.minwax.com/products/water...yurethane.html

It is meant to be a clear gloss finish on top of painted props. However by accident I found how ridiculously hard the paintbrush bristles I was using became. And it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to UNstiffen them. They're like wood.

I've got some very long haired cosplays and rather than sit there at the con trying to untangle the hairs, I'm thinking of brushing the last 2 inches of the hair ends with this stuff to see if it prevents hair tangling.
Annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #33
CrazzedShinobi
Registered User
 
CrazzedShinobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 35
i cant find a "tina punky wig" anywhere any suggestions
__________________
I Live In The World Of
Why Not &
What If
CrazzedShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #34
GothicLizzie
Registered User
 
GothicLizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazzedShinobi View Post
i cant find a "tina punky wig" anywhere any suggestions

it's the same as the Punky from Both Cosworx.com & amphigory.com
it's also often refered to as a Tina Turner wig, simply because it's the hairstyle she was famous for
GothicLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #35
Nobody01
Registered User
 
Nobody01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 58
Would you say the purple is light or dark? I found another wig not on cosworx and they have a black rooted that fades into light purple. I think it would work but Im not 100% sure.
Nobody01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #36
Krade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 24
Thanks so much for the thread!! I was worrying about the wig for my Anti-Sora cosplay im working on. This should work wonders!!
Krade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #37
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye
 
Yui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody01 View Post
Would you say the purple is light or dark? I found another wig not on cosworx and they have a black rooted that fades into light purple. I think it would work but Im not 100% sure.
Yes, the original tina punky used was black roots with light purple tips. All the shaded dark-blue-ish color in the middle areas was the hand-colored part.
(Cosworx doesn't have that color right now, it looks like.)
__________________
Organized.
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 02:33 AM   #38
toodles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1
the link for the wig doesn't exist anymore D;
HELP?
toodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Copyright 2002-2017 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.