Inventory Blowout! Professional quality cosplay wigs 30-40% off with shipping included - Click Here for details

Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 12-02-2006, 07:11 PM   #16
Ma Moi

Wow! That's really awesome! This is really going to help me out on my Cloud wig =) Thanks a bunch for the tutorial

Unread 12-02-2006, 09:12 PM   #17
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

You are made of AWESOME and WIN

~Ari-chan
Unread 12-04-2006, 05:11 PM   #18
DDRGurlie
ohai thar

wow

Thats amazing. I'm definetly confedient you'll do an aswesome job on my wig
Unread 12-05-2006, 06:36 AM   #19
twentystitches
Abusin' the MiracleGrow..

This was great to see, and that Roxas wig is full of awesome. Thanks.
twentystitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 08:28 AM   #20
Nano-Chan

wow AWESOMe tutorial =D!! thanks a lot ^^

:japan:
Nano-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #21
Eternamente926
Just me and my Shadow~

Amazing tutorial... I'm going to cosplay Roxas in the who-knows-when future (probably during Anime NEXT if I can go). While I could just dye my hair blonde and style it... over time normal hair loses it's "stay puttedness" lol... can't have schlumpy Roxas hair for the evening =p So, I'm going to make a wig... and I'm definitely using this very handy tutorial (thanks much for posting this XD)

I have a question, though. I'm looking around CosWorx... sponsor of this website, so I might as well look to them for business, eh? I can't decide which wig would be best as the base wig for making Roxas' hair. I've heard people use the Punky wig, but to be honest that won't work for this tutorial... I need a flat blonde wig. Any suggestions? I'm looking around and I'll update with "ok which one should I use" if I come across anything lol

Also, if anyone knows another place I can order wigs online as well with the exact one recommended, that'd be a help =p I'm clueless about this lol

"My computer's so slow, it doesn't crash. It gently bumps into things..."

Last edited by Eternamente926 : 12-06-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Eternamente926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #22
.tsubasa-chan.
Koko ni.. iru?

oh my god, I love you. I literally was looking in this forum for a tpic that could teach me how to spike wigs! And not only that, a Roxas wig!!! o__o

your tutorial is amazing.. thank you so much! ^_^
.tsubasa-chan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #23
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternamente926
I have a question, though. I'm looking around CosWorx... sponsor of this website, so I might as well look to them for business, eh? I can't decide which wig would be best as the base wig for making Roxas' hair. I've heard people use the Punky wig, but to be honest that won't work for this tutorial... I need a flat blonde wig. Any suggestions? I'm looking around and I'll update with "ok which one should I use" if I come across anything lol

Also, if anyone knows another place I can order wigs online as well with the exact one recommended, that'd be a help =p I'm clueless about this lol
If you want the exact same base wig I used, you can do a google search to find them at a variety of online stores. It's probably one of the cheaper Forever Young wigs (probably because of the lack of styling that goes into it).

Next Convention: Youmacon
2009 Cons: Katsucon, Con-G, MacTAC, Ad Astra, Anime North, Colossalcon, Polaris, Otakuthon, Otakon, CN Anime, Youmacon, DTAC maybe more...
Amy the Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 10:00 PM   #24
Eternamente926
Just me and my Shadow~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy the Yu
If you want the exact same base wig I used, you can do a google search to find them at a variety of online stores. It's probably one of the cheaper Forever Young wigs (probably because of the lack of styling that goes into it).
Awesome, thank you so much Amy... I used the link to the store you provided and bought that in #24. hehe Hope mine comes out just as good as your's did

Edit: Bah forgot to buy a styrofoam head rofl... ah, well, I think I can get one cheap around here anywho =p

Last edited by Eternamente926 : 12-06-2006 at 10:06 PM.
Unread 12-06-2006, 10:30 PM   #25
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternamente926
Awesome, thank you so much Amy... I used the link to the store you provided and bought that in #24. hehe Hope mine comes out just as good as your's did

Edit: Bah forgot to buy a styrofoam head rofl... ah, well, I think I can get one cheap around here anywho =p
Haha. Slight oversights. XD

Get one with a larger head. Even if it's more expensive, it's soooo worth it cause it's a lot easier to style to the proper proportions of a human head instead of the retarded small scale that most wig heads are. X3

I usually slap the wig on my own head (wig cap and all) and mark off lengths (ie. longest point on the front bangs, length of sideburns needed) with some hair clips to make sure I don't cut off too much before I start styling. Aside from preventing too much length from being cut off, it's also a good way to check if you need to set spikes further apart than it might look like on a wig head (those things are usually extra narrow as well as too small). =3 *is terribly entertained by your avatar*

Next Convention: Youmacon
2009 Cons: Katsucon, Con-G, MacTAC, Ad Astra, Anime North, Colossalcon, Polaris, Otakuthon, Otakon, CN Anime, Youmacon, DTAC maybe more...
Amy the Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 11:11 PM   #26
Eternamente926
Just me and my Shadow~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy the Yu
Haha. Slight oversights. XD

Get one with a larger head. Even if it's more expensive, it's soooo worth it cause it's a lot easier to style to the proper proportions of a human head instead of the retarded small scale that most wig heads are. X3

I usually slap the wig on my own head (wig cap and all) and mark off lengths (ie. longest point on the front bangs, length of sideburns needed) with some hair clips to make sure I don't cut off too much before I start styling. Aside from preventing too much length from being cut off, it's also a good way to check if you need to set spikes further apart than it might look like on a wig head (those things are usually extra narrow as well as too small). =3 *is terribly entertained by your avatar*
*flashes my avatar once again* I'm entertained by it as well =p Love it... forget where I found it, though, but I think it's adorable...

Anywho, I never would have thought of the idea of putting the wig on and using hair clips to mark off length in the front and stuff. Thanks for that tip! It'll come in handy

Unread 12-06-2006, 11:53 PM   #27
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

this will help me with some ideas of how to style spikes and much cleaner. great tutorial!
Fire Emblem Fates-Felicia & Jakob )
Ludger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2006, 10:37 AM   #28
heichan11

Thank you for tutorial.^^)b good job.
heichan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2006, 05:46 AM   #29
hobbit_marco
Hinata fanboy!

Super tutorial! I haven't styled a single wig in my life. But I do want to learn. Your styling is one the best I have ever seen. When I am gonna try to make my Cloud wig. I'll come back here probably.
hobbit_marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2006, 11:41 AM   #30
theleaningelm
Resident ghyti

I'll have you know I have this tutorial in its own little shrine that I pay obeisance to every morning.

Kidding. But awesome, awesome tut! The photos are a GREAT help.
theleaningelm is offline   Reply With Quote