Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 12-08-2006, 07:23 PM   #31
Eternamente926
Just me and my Shadow~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternamente926 View Post
Awesome, thank you so much Amy... I used the link to the store you provided and bought that in #24. hehe Hope mine comes out just as good as your's did
I got an e-mail from them saying they were out of stock of the exact wig D: Any idea where I can get the same exact wig elsewhere?

They did give me a code for 20% off my next purchase as an apology, though lol... so, I'll just wait for next time they're in stock I suppose

"My computer's so slow, it doesn't crash. It gently bumps into things..."
Eternamente926 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-08-2006, 08:38 PM   #32
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternamente926 View Post
I got an e-mail from them saying they were out of stock of the exact wig D: Any idea where I can get the same exact wig elsewhere?

They did give me a code for 20% off my next purchase as an apology, though lol... so, I'll just wait for next time they're in stock I suppose
http://www.google.com/search?q=forev...en-US:official

Google search is your friend...although if you can wait til they're back in stock, a 20% discount is pretty sweet. ^^

Next Convention: Youmacon
2009 Cons: Katsucon, Con-G, MacTAC, Ad Astra, Anime North, Colossalcon, Polaris, Otakuthon, Otakon, CN Anime, Youmacon, DTAC maybe more...
Amy the Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2007, 04:51 AM   #33
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

The pictures seemed to have decided they would rather just be links. Don't know how it happened, but my brain's too dead/lazy to try to figure it out, so instead of trying to think and type in code at a retarded hour at night, I just posted it elsewhere where this problem won't surface again (not to mention elsewhere = no more problems of the tutorial being split between multipule posts):

http://amy-the-yu.livejournal.com/149136.html

I'll be adding a couple of small updates for the wig as well. Haircut=no need for neck fluff anymore, so the spike count's getting upped a bit.

2009 Cons: Katsucon, Con-G, MacTAC, Ad Astra, Anime North, Colossalcon, Polaris, Otakuthon, Otakon, CN Anime, Youmacon, DTAC maybe more...
Unread 01-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #34
lilaznfreak
B e a u. t i f u l Mess

wow after this tutorial i wanna cosplay roxas..would be my frist crossplay but the way the wig is done i would wanna do it!
// Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura 3rd opening)-5%//

[Events: Animethon 20 ]
lilaznfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2007, 04:22 AM   #35
caineyamiyasha
Riku Winter

Awesome job with the finished product! You did a great job on it!
caineyamiyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2007, 04:56 PM   #36
CaptainRisu
hot glue addict

this tutorial is great, and just what i needed to feel inspired to style a wig for my cosplay. good job!!!
CaptainRisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2007, 06:30 PM   #37
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

Oh my! This was wonderful! This will really help me when I make Hikaru's wig from Ouran High School Host Club! Thank you very much!
Koisnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2007, 06:52 PM   #38
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

it helping me style my wig, more of inspiring me and the product is great to use for spiking ^^
Fire Emblem Fates-Felicia & Jakob )
Ludger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2007, 09:58 PM   #39
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

You know a wig tutorial is good when it makes a Riku cosplayer wanna cosplay Roxas O____________o

I'll probably try this with a cosworx wig one of these days...

~Ari-chan
Unread 03-04-2007, 10:22 AM   #40
Saaski_Moql
The pancake ninja.

Thank you so much for the tutorial! VERY helpful.

I've never used pins or bobbypins when wig styling though (except to keep other hair back and out of the way). Do they release okay, once the wig is dry? I mean, all that glue...
Saaski_Moql is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2007, 06:41 AM   #41
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaski_Moql View Post
Thank you so much for the tutorial! VERY helpful.

I've never used pins or bobbypins when wig styling though (except to keep other hair back and out of the way). Do they release okay, once the wig is dry? I mean, all that glue...
I usually use bobbypins only when the part being pinned is mostly dry already. It's not that they stick to the wig, but more that it leaves a pretty visible mark where the pin's been if you clip it while it's wet, so I often style the tips of each spike twice, once to get the entire spike into the right shape and a second time to get the tip of the spike even.

Never had trouble with straight pins. They're thin and usually no good for actually holding hair together, just for propping up an already styled spike while it dries fully.

I usually prefer to use small "claw" clips (like my butterfly clips) to hold spikes together. It clamps shut more so in a round shape, so spikes don't get flattened. Once again, this is usually for spikes that are almost dry anyway.

Unread 03-20-2007, 08:00 PM   #42
Team Rocket!
Is blasting off again.

This will help so much with my Yami Bakura wig. Thanks a lot!
Team Rocket! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 11:28 AM   #43
kisu-koneko

dang :O looks good, might need to check this out when i do my friends hair for roxas
Spirit of Jazz (Howlin' Jimmy Jefferson)- The Mighty Boosh
North Italy- Hetalia
kisu-koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2007, 07:09 AM   #44
Hydraskylar
...promise...

so you just use hair gel to style the wig, would the wig really stays like that? You said it took you hours using the hairdryer, waiting for the wig to dry. So does that mean it's safe to use hairdryer? Would that work on all wig or does that depend on the wig's quality?
Hydraskylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2007, 12:47 AM   #45
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by narravy View Post
so you just use hair gel to style the wig, would the wig really stays like that? You said it took you hours using the hairdryer, waiting for the wig to dry. So does that mean it's safe to use hairdryer? Would that work on all wig or does that depend on the wig's quality?
It's extreme hold hairspray. Hair gel will usually not work quite so well on wigs as it does on human hair, plus if it flakes, then the wig looks like it has dandruff. X3

Hairdryer would depend more on the hairdryer than the wig. If you have a really cool setting on it that's basically just blowing cold air across the wig, it's pretty much safe to use on any wig, but if it only blows warm/hot air, then I would only use it on good quality wigs and held at a fair distance (far enough that the wind from the dryer has a chance to cool before hitting the wig).