View Poll Results: What should the date for the Boston Picnic be in '08
May 31st (Saturday) 0 0%
June 7th (Saturday) 1 33.33%
June 14th (Saturday) 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 03-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #16
kage31
ninja always win

So its definitely the 14th? I'll try to be there, bringing friends and probably food.
kage31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-27-2008, 04:37 PM   #17
Starlightslk
Film Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by kage31 View Post
So its definitely the 14th? I'll try to be there, bringing friends and probably food.
No definite date picked between those three yet, since the poll closed a month earlier then scheduled and only 3 people voted, and that's not nearly enough peoples to determine a preferred date from.

Keep an eye on the 1st post cause that's where the official date will be posted when it is decided upon.

Probable Con Schedule: Katsu, PAX East, Dragon*con, Bakuretsucon...always subject to change

Upcoming Cosplays: Mami(Madoka Magica), Morrigan(Darkstalkers)var, a Secret, &...?

"Immortality is a fantasy. Life is short, so we should take care of it. The shorter the life is, the more fight we have to make." ~Hatori Heiji (Detective Conan)

Inuyasha is a 200-year-old bantling and Sesshoumaru has a security fluffy.
Starlightslk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #18
esantiago7292
humble pie

Yeah I could defiantly go, june sounds like a good month too.
I'll check back every once in a while for updates and to throw my opinion in hah

www.myspace.com/esantiago7292
- hit me up, yo! :O

It's gunna take a really cool character to get me to start cosplaying again. I'm just stickin around to give advice and whatnot.
esantiago7292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:22 PM   #19
kage31
ninja always win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlightslk View Post
No definite date picked between those three yet, since the poll closed a month earlier then scheduled and only 3 people voted, and that's not nearly enough peoples to determine a preferred date from.

Keep an eye on the 1st post cause that's where the official date will be posted when it is decided upon.

alright

Last edited by kage31 : 03-28-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #20
ilikeyaoi
+SORGASM+

I'm pretty sure I can do whatever date, just start getting a list of what to bring together and I'm there.

I'll probably bring a fruit platter or something. Probably some plates, forks, toothpicks etc.
Unread 03-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #21
Seth Nightlord

Greetings A Yonder - I've no means to hijack this thread, but wished to inform peoples here who are INTERESTED in this similar event:

We have some Anime Boston Reunions happening in April on the following dates:

April 5th (Sat)
April 12th (Sat)
April 19th (SAT) ---- Patriots Day Weekend

What time? Where will it take place? WTD is happening at these reunions? Click this link to get the detailes:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...80#post2350180
Seth Nightlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #22
kage31
ninja always win

after checking my calendar, I can only make the 14th, the 7th is graduation for my hs
Unread 03-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #23
hitension

hi ^_^ I've been doing cosplay and going to AB for a few years now, I live in Boston too. But I've never been to a "cosplay picnic". It sounds really interesting!
What do you all do there? Do we bring food?
Where do you have it? At Boston common...So do you arrive in cosplay or where do you change O_O i can't imagine wearing my cosplay randomly on the T..

just curious ^^
Unread 03-29-2008, 09:09 PM   #24
Starlightslk
Film Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitension View Post
hi ^_^ I've been doing cosplay and going to AB for a few years now, I live in Boston too. But I've never been to a "cosplay picnic". It sounds really interesting!
Where do you have it? At Boston common...So do you arrive in cosplay or where do you change O_O i can't imagine wearing my cosplay randomly on the T..

just curious ^^
Works like a normal picnic except peoples attending are in cosplay.

Everyone brings food, like a potluck.

As said previously in the thread it is at the commons (last year wasn't cause the commons was having work done and was all blocked off >_<)

You arrive in cosplay since there is really no where to change.

It's really no big deal riding on the T in cosplay I've done it bunches of times the worst you'll get are a few weird looks

Probable Con Schedule: Katsu, PAX East, Dragon*con, Bakuretsucon...always subject to change

Upcoming Cosplays: Mami(Madoka Magica), Morrigan(Darkstalkers)var, a Secret, &...?

"Immortality is a fantasy. Life is short, so we should take care of it. The shorter the life is, the more fight we have to make." ~Hatori Heiji (Detective Conan)

Inuyasha is a 200-year-old bantling and Sesshoumaru has a security fluffy.
Starlightslk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 12:56 AM   #25
sephygoth
Hater lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitension View Post

just curious ^^
One person like 3 yrs ago had a bad experience wearing a cosplay on the T after the picnic, but I think she's settled with that one for now ^^ Plus, there's lots of fellow cosplayers who are aware of this kinda thing, so no one randomly riding the T ever gets really close to us.

Otherwise, the picnics are usually pretty sweet. I missed last yr because well, we walked past it twice without realizing it XD
But yeah, its been nice. 2006 rained us to Harvard, 2007 construction in boston commons moved us to Harvard. We always have a backup it seems.
If it rains this yr, Gazebo we go!
sephygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 04:05 PM   #26
forelyse

Is anyone thinking of forming a small cosplay group for this picnic? I usually show up in a costume I have lying around, but I don't really have anything completely put together yet. Plus, groups are fun, and I'm rather up to cosplaying (nearly) anything. ^^;
forelyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #27
sephygoth
Hater lover

Seems like we're leanign more towards that last day in MAY (31st)
June has a few things going for it too, instead of forcing it all at once, why not seperate it all and ppl can pick n choosey hai?
June 14th loks like it will contain the Lolita gathering, BUT WE"RE NOT SURE. ie thats not my call. So to accomodate the good ppl that might be arranging that gathering, We'd like to end May with a bang. (note 2006 June 10th, last yr forgot) we've been in and around 1-2 weeks of June 1st anyway thru the years.
sephygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #28
l o l i t a
insert clever caption hur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephygoth View Post
Seems like we're leanign more towards that last day in MAY (31st)
June has a few things going for it too, instead of forcing it all at once, why not seperate it all and ppl can pick n choosey hai?
June 14th loks like it will contain the Lolita gathering, BUT WE"RE NOT SURE. ie thats not my call. So to accomodate the good ppl that might be arranging that gathering, We'd like to end May with a bang. (note 2006 June 10th, last yr forgot) we've been in and around 1-2 weeks of June 1st anyway thru the years.

^_^ Thanks for keeping my gathering in mind!

Yes, June 14th is the hopeful date of the tea party! I should have a thread up very soon (tomorrow or the day after) but I still have to talk to Bruce and see what his schedule is like as well so the date isn't set in stone just yet!
l o l i t a is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #29
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Woo hoo tea party! ^^
Unread 03-30-2008, 11:37 PM   #30
Crazy Flower
C-Flo in the Hi-zouse!!

Keep in mind, some people want to go to ANext as well, which is the weekend of June 21st.

If all goes well, I may wear the same outfit to both the tea party and the picnic. (Gotta love banging out a skirt in a week)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHawke78 View Post
C-Flo and her magical behind...
THE WORLD'S BEST SUPERPOWER!!!
Crazy Flower is offline   Reply With Quote