Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Unread 02-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #2416
sukimba
Pokemon Master

That's true, I know that makes my design not fully true to the pokemon in a sense(it does say that the horns transformed into jaws, so not too far off), but it also says it's lightly based on the futakuchi-onna, which is a woman with a mouth on the back of her head, which is also where the design came from. Plus, I could always say the tongue and uvula are just superficial and non-functioning. lol But that's a bit of a scapegoat.
sukimba is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #2417
Tatsu-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukimba View Post
That's true, I know that makes my design not fully true to the pokemon in a sense(it does say that the horns transformed into jaws, so not too far off), but it also says it's lightly based on the futakuchi-onna, which is a woman with a mouth on the back of her head, which is also where the design came from. Plus, I could always say the tongue and uvula are just superficial and non-functioning. lol But that's a bit of a scapegoat.
oh thats fine I just wanted to make sure you knew just in case. It is perfectly fine and nothing wrong with it if you reference the origin. i am also considering it but at the same time not sure. I dunno, I have a full year + to think about it
Tatsu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #2418
sukimba
Pokemon Master

I'm glad someone brought it up; it's been a while since I read the entry, it would have been bad if some crazy pokedex nerd cornered me at fanime and I wasn't prepared with a rebuttal. lol

But yeah! That's the way to go! I always take several months of just planning before I tackle a huge cosplay. It's also because I'm extremely indecisive, but I like to think it's because I like to be prepared for anything or something like that. haha
Unread 02-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #2419
Neko Matty
Meister Deutschland~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukimba View Post
Hehe thanks! :3 I'm really hoping it'll all end well!

And yeah, that was one of my many influences. lol Also this. I love carnivorous plants. xD
hahaha the piranha plant!!! >.<
i almost 4got about them!! well since u like carnivore plants, does that mean you'll do a carnivine gijinka one day?

Next Con: AnimeVegas2012
Germany -Axis Powers Hetalia
Nick - Left4Dead2
Ciel Phantomhive -Kuroshitsuji
RainbowDash - My Little Pony

Future Cosplay
HRE - Hetalia
Neko Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #2420
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

however no one has seen the full inside of it mouth and it could have a loung but we don't know XD I think it's cute X3 but still scary >_<;;;;;;
OMG that mario plant XD

and I have this resource that i think may be helpful for people looking for a color (however some are off like there is NO orange even though some pokemon are clearly orange)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...A9mon_by_color
theres a lot of other 'by' listing at the bottom

COSPLAYS
Cardcaptor Sakura Clear card Heart dress
Random Neko....
Grey Chocobo Kigurumi
solstis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 02:11 AM   #2421
Hawkflight
Never Grow Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Squid~ View Post
I've decided to make a Beedrill gijinka. it will be my first time working with armor I'm excited.
DUDE. You have GOT to base it on Kamina, from Gurren Lagann. Yours is a drill that will pierce the heavens!
Hawkflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 04:49 AM   #2422
Tatsu-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
DUDE. You have GOT to base it on Kamina, from Gurren Lagann. Yours is a drill that will pierce the heavens!
that would be an epic beedrill!!!!!

and on that list the reason they don't have orange is because for some reason they don't clasify pokemon coulours as orange. I dunno why.

but yes your mawile is good and it is important to have a reason for anything that people may be really nit picky about...I wonder what mawile eat as the main part of their diet. Wild mawile that is
Tatsu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #2423
~Squid~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
I don't watch Gurren Lagann D8

maybe I will look into it It wold be pretty epic. Thanks for the idea!
~Squid~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #2424
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

it says "Its huge steel jaws may suggest that it's a carnivore, but it is unknown for certain. However, they do have an affinity with the Occa Berry, as they are occasionally found with this berry" oh and poke food .................. aw, thats boring X< but.. come to think of it what pokemon eats other pokemon XXDD

COSPLAYS
Random Neko....
Grey Chocobo Kigurumi
Unread 02-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #2425
Neko Matty
Meister Deutschland~

ok.
so im almost finished sketching out my gligar costume. But i wanted to use this color of gligar insted of the usual "pinky color" i've seen in the anime.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/eg.../20/Gligar.png

my question is, would is still be recognizable?
(( im going to try to post the outfit later today....))

Next Con: AnimeVegas2012
Germany -Axis Powers Hetalia
Nick - Left4Dead2
Ciel Phantomhive -Kuroshitsuji
RainbowDash - My Little Pony

Future Cosplay
HRE - Hetalia
Neko Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #2426
crayonattack

Hello there! I'm currently in the middle of making a Mime Jr. cosplay and thought I'd pop in here for some advice and such! I'm doing a slightly altered version of this one:
http://www4.atwiki.jp/hitec/?plugin=ref&serial=129

But anywho, I was looking at the Bulbapedia page on Mime Jr., just for fun and such, and it says this: "Mime Jr. appears to be wearing a black, crooked hat with a white ball on it."
This is where I'm having a bit of trouble! Because to me, the hat, along with Mime Jr.'s legs, are navy blue. I just wanted to get a few other opinions before I go out and buy the blue(black?) cloth.
crayonattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #2427
sukimba
Pokemon Master

My vote is for blue. That description must be off 'cause Mime Jr has always looked blue to me. Also, Mr.Mime is blue, so all the more reason to go with it! I can't wait to see this complete, it will be adorable! x3
Unread 02-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #2428
x_SugarKane
o3o

I don't know how i didn't notice this thread sooner! I love Pokemon gijinka (well, gijinka in general i find very interesting). I'm planning on some day being able to go through the entire original 150, and then the additions from Ruby and Sapphire.

The first one I plan on doing is Skitty, but I have to find a way to make my eyes look more narrow. I'm not quite sure how to go about that. Also, I have a pink wig that I plan on using (http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?p...at=2446&page=1 This in pink). I'm going to make the ears as well, but I'm wondering if I can mount the ears actually on to the wig. Any suggestions are appreciated. .-.

Anime Boston COSTUMES:
*Terra::. FFVI
*Medusa::. Soul Eater
*Yellow, Teal, and black Rave costume
*Military-esque rave costume
x_SugarKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #2429
~Squid~

I bought some stuff to make my body armor for beedrill today :3

I have yet to even think of ways to make my drills yet Dx
~Squid~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #2430
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

should be getting ready for work but ...........
I'm pretty sure they have styrofoam cones as the crafts stores , that's the 'easy' way I thought of . they could be covered or painted

@ x_SugarKane
ears on a wig ... if you don't care about reuse sew them on if you do, put the ears on a hair clip or a few bobby pins (you can add them before you oput the wig on and they will be ok if it has a net base)

@Neko Matty honestly as long as your outfit really resembles the pokemon well the color won't matter (what I mean is some people say their gijinka is whatever but doesn't really look like it ... kinda like how my umbreon turned out >_<;;;;;; )

COSPLAYS
Random Neko....
Grey Chocobo Kigurumi