Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Unread 04-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #3136
Animegirl13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggietron View Post
Any fabric store should have patterns. It looks like its an Asian style dress, like one i have. http://img1.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.223819957.jpg

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/McCalls-Patte...em7 46a8953b9 ( the pttern i linked above for sale on ebay )
Thanks for the links though now that I've thought about it, I'm not sure that I should do that cosplay, since someone else has already done that exact cosplay (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2527391/) and I don't know if it would be considered copying if I did the same one?

~Temari- Chunin Exam Arc (Naruto)
~Megurine Luka (Magnet)- Vocaloid)
~Megurine Luka (Just Be Friends)- Vocaloid)
~Temari (Sasuke Retrieval Arc)- Naruto)
~Shirley Fenette- Code Geass
~Izumo Kamiki- Ao No Exorcist
~Megurine Luka (Matryoshka)- Vocaloid
~Princess Tutu- Princess Tutu

In-Progress

~Sayaka Miki (Magical Girl Version)- Puella Magi Madoka Magica

deviantART
Animegirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #3137
maggietron
I need stuff!

It would be copying if you did the exact same thing as them. Also with cosplay its kind of hard not to copy something sometimes. ( most ppl do the same cosplay and endup looking the same anyways) Thats why when you do something like a gijinka you can get more creative with it. Like you can have he same dress style but maybe spice it up a bit. Liker hers it looked like she used material that isnt exactly form fitting, so you could get one that is. Also with the dress itself it doesnt have to be that plain. the pattern has some fancey work around the neck area which is usually where the dress does up. ( ie its zipper on the side up to the arm pit and then button up to the neck. I have many tops and a dress like this so i can give you pics of it if you want. ) so with that said you could line the edge around the neck and down to the zippered part with a different colour. Like yellow, or even a green. Same with the trim along the bottom of the dress. I would also go with the slits on the side like your on pic showed even lining up them with the colour chosen. And like in your pic the basket shes holding is perfect i would def do that idea. And have it filled with giant mushrooms. You could also in stead of having buns wrapped like the pic and that other cosplayers pictures you could do a headband.
( if NONE of that made sense....sometimes i talk and i know what i mean but others dont. I can quickly sketch something fo you and post it ) =P

I will be doing ALOT of gijinka costumes this year, for me and friends, so if you want you can pick at my brain more.

ALSO say if that doesnt work or your not wanting to do it cause someone ( probably many ) have done it i saw this idea i though was cute.

Last edited by maggietron : 04-12-2012 at 04:12 PM.
maggietron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #3138
Animegirl13

Quote:
It would be copying if you did the exact same thing as them. Also with cosplay its kind of hard not to copy something sometimes. ( most ppl do the same cosplay and endup looking the same anyways) Thats why when you do something like a gijinka you can get more creative with it. Like you can have he same dress style but maybe spice it up a bit. Liker hers it looked like she used material that isnt exactly form fitting, so you could get one that is. Also with the dress itself it doesnt have to be that plain. the pattern has some fancey work around the neck area which is usually where the dress does up. ( ie its zipper on the side up to the arm pit and then button up to the neck. I have many tops and a dress like this so i can give you pics of it if you want. ) so with that said you could line the edge around the neck and down to the zippered part with a different colour. Like yellow, or even a green. Same with the trim along the bottom of the dress. I would also go with the slits on the side like your on pic showed even lining up them with the colour chosen. And like in your pic the basket shes holding is perfect i would def do that idea. And have it filled with giant mushrooms. You could also in stead of having buns wrapped like the pic and that other cosplayers pictures you could do a headband.
( if NONE of that made sense....sometimes i talk and i know what i mean but others dont. I can quickly sketch something fo you and post it ) =P

I will be doing ALOT of gijinka costumes this year, for me and friends, so if you want you can pick at my brain more.

ALSO say if that doesnt work or your not wanting to do it cause someone ( probably many ) have done it i saw this idea i though was cute.

Okay then, I think I will do that dress! Also, the bit on the neck in the pattern's at the opposite side from hers, so I guess that's a bit different...And I think I will make the slits on the side, and maybe line them in a darker orange or something.

Although I want to do that dress, I quite like the gloves in the other pic you posted (the claw parts, so I could attach them to long gloves) but I don't quite know how I'd go about making them. I'd thought of getting something like these http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/20066... r=sbar&cbt=y, and somehow attaching the claws to them, but I'm not quite sure how I'd make the claws :/

In-Progress

deviantART
Unread 04-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #3139
maggietron
I need stuff!

ahh dont over think it too much really all you would have to do it attach sleeves to the pattern ( most of the patterns for the dresses are sleeveless ) and just make sure you leave enough length to work with at the bottom ( ie like say 4 inches down past your hands. and its just a matter of folding the material the right way. You can even sew in flexible wire to help keep the shape.
Unread 04-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #3140
Animegirl13

Quote:
ahh dont over think it too much really all you would have to do it attach sleeves to the pattern ( most of the patterns for the dresses are sleeveless ) and just make sure you leave enough length to work with at the bottom ( ie like say 4 inches down past your hands. and its just a matter of folding the material the right way. You can even sew in flexible wire to help keep the shape.
Well I think I would rather just make them long gloves, since I'm not too confident with patterns (just bought my first one this week, finding it tough just cutting the pieces of fabric out!) and might not be able to add sleeves but I might take your suggestion about the wire

In-Progress

deviantART
Unread 04-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #3141
maggietron
I need stuff!

hahaha yea pattern cutting out is confusing has heck. But atleast with the sleeves they would match the dress where as if you got the arm warmers it wouldnt.

Some patterns will come with like 3 or 4 dress patterns in it, you may get one that has a sleeve pattern for one of the other ones, it will fit the dress you do if thats the case. and as for cutting it out its really just making it longer then it calls for.

I find understanding the patterns hardest. when your trying to figure out how to sew it. u_u bleh
Unread 04-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #3142
~H~
HeatherAfter Cosplay

I just debuted my Snorlax gijinka yesterday at Mini Con!

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/421450/

I'm looking forward to getting more pics back *^^*. Hopefully there will be more to share soon!
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #3143
maggietron
I need stuff!

awwwe. OMG! I LOVE it!
Unread 04-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #3144
itoman

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~H~ View Post
I just debuted my Snorlax gijinka yesterday at Mini Con!

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/421450/

I'm looking forward to getting more pics back *^^*. Hopefully there will be more to share soon!
You are the prettiest Snorlax ever! I'll be checking for new photos.
itoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #3145
~H~
HeatherAfter Cosplay

maggie & ito: Thank you both so much *^^*. I did manage to get another pic uploaded today if you'd like to check it out: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/421450/
Unread 05-08-2012, 04:24 AM   #3146
Shana05
Survivor

I would like some input on wigs for Deerling. As I mentioned earlier it's lolita style in spring colors. So these are lolita wigs I'm considering. Some are out of stock right now but it's going to be awhile before I can start working on the dress, so they might be back when I'm ready to order.

All over pink: http://www.gothiclolitawigs.com/wavy-tea-rose-lolita/

Blended pink and blonde: http://www.gothiclolitawigs.com/blen...eam-lolita-1g/

Blended pink and yellow: http://www.gothiclolitawigs.com/psyc...p-pink-yellow/

Split pink and blonde: http://mintymix.com/item_120/Wig-Lig...t-Set-Wavy.htm

Pink to blonde fade: http://mintymix.com/item_155/Wig-Pin...londe-Fade.htm

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #3147
~H~
HeatherAfter Cosplay

@shana: I like this one best -

Blended pink and blonde: http://www.gothiclolitawigs.com/blen...eam-lolita-1g/
Unread 05-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #3148
Neko_Nikki88

Is anyone cosplaying gijinka at Otakon 2012? I was Liepard last year, and this past winter I did a Winter Meowth that I'll be altering for a summer Meowth.
Neko_Nikki88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #3149
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

I will be cosplaying at least 2
Lucario and Dragonite are planned but i'm really good at changing my mind XD, I might wear Audino again . theres some photoshoots for pkmn in the otakon section

One the rest of Cos com gets up and running I can post my lucario in the works. I'm so cheating. I've done a tan Tshirt with a blue ruffle and black leggings i need to know if it is too short. and if I should do a black sash or use my black belt (real belt not karate I wish)

Dragonite is another story tan shirt and shorts with a simple orange vest, i can't decide how to make the antena floral wire covered with felt?

COSPLAYS
Cardcaptor Sakura Clear card Heart dress
Random Neko....
Grey Chocobo Kigurumi
solstis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #3150
Nohrxinna

I cosplayed Jolteon at last year's AimeNEXT. (I don't have any pictures though) I ended up nearly killing everyone with my ears. XD I need to make them out of a softer, more flexible material next time I wear it.

I need to try to throw together another one by this year's con. I'm too broke for a wig, so I'm limited to blonde gijinkas. xD
Nohrxinna is offline   Reply With Quote