Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 06-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #5896
Loveable-Eve
Scene Shop Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoxXxDeath View Post
Errrrrrrgh having a highly insensitive friend that she wonders why I don't like hanging out with her at all. I'm already having a tough enough time with my parents (as I came out to them being transgender), and there is always a tension at home. But I swear my "friend" jusssst errgh enjoys informing everyone I'm transgender, seriously you don't freakin out someone like that. I'm trying to be comfortable with who I am and you just enjoy making me feel uncomfortable and wanting to hide because I'm so "different" then the average person. God I feel like an awful person wanting to punch someone who I thought was my best friend in the face.
Have you talked to her about it? Sometimes friends feel like they can explain it for them and think that you are okay with it. My friend basically forced me out of the trans closet to my parents, I wasn't even there! But she thought it would be okay.
Unread 06-08-2013, 12:24 AM   #5897
TechnoxXxDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveable-Eve View Post
Have you talked to her about it? Sometimes friends feel like they can explain it for them and think that you are okay with it. My friend basically forced me out of the trans closet to my parents, I wasn't even there! But she thought it would be okay.

I have talked with her about it actually, but she's still really insensitive about it like its no big deal at all. Really I'm just waiting for her to go away to college so I don't have to deal with her since I rarely talk to her, I even told her that she needed to stop, it makes me uncomfortable, everything that she was doing with outing me to every single person we come across (seriously she's outed me to perfect strangers such as cons or even at the mall) . Just ugh man, she kills my mood and I never enjoy anymore if I hang out with some friends and she's there
TechnoxXxDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #5898
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I am 100% done with my family.
This birthday has been shit and I don't want them to try to force a celebration on me anymore. There's nothing to celebrate about everyone but your parents and grandparents not giving two shits about you.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #5899
Amanita

Ugh..that is really mean of your friend, Techno!

It kind of reminds me of this babysitter I used to have- I've got some chickenpox scars on my forehead, although they aren't as noticeable now as they used to be. She used to point them out to all sorts of people we talked to when we were out, even strangers. Just WHY!? It's not like they asked "Hey what's wrong with your face?"

Why some people feel the need to point out personal things about somebody else to total strangers, I'll never understand.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #5900
Undertaker^^
Wendigo

While its a completely different story for me i have a relative that insists on pointing out the fact that i am in a long distance relationship to everyone... ( I kid you not when i say everyone hmm need a topic starter at the local store guess where his gf is, need a topic starter at the doctors guess where is gf is... ;-; its like just keeeeeeep it to yourself why tell everyone under the sun.

I am not ashamed it just... is irritating.
Unread 06-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #5901
Khorrupt

Today, I had that feeling where I was sure I misunderstood what my friend said, because I could not believe that I had heard him right.

We were video chatting on Skype, and were just kind of absentmindedly talking and I was playing a game at the same time, and I guess he could hear the sounds in the background because he asked me what I was playing, so I said, "It's this game where you have to dodge ice cream that's coming at you."

And he just snickers, and when I ask him what, he replies, "Like you'd ever dodge ice cream."

I seriously still cannot believe that he said that.
Unread 06-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #5902
ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorrupt View Post
Today, I had that feeling where I was sure I misunderstood what my friend said, because I could not believe that I had heard him right.

We were video chatting on Skype, and were just kind of absentmindedly talking and I was playing a game at the same time, and I guess he could hear the sounds in the background because he asked me what I was playing, so I said, "It's this game where you have to dodge ice cream that's coming at you."

And he just snickers, and when I ask him what, he replies, "Like you'd ever dodge ice cream."

I seriously still cannot believe that he said that.
I donno, I'd never dodge ice cream. It seems more like a joke than an insult. Or is this an ongoing thing?

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren (Fire Emblem), Fox (RWBY)
Upgrading : Sheik (armor), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #5903
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Time to vent on someone I know lol. I have a so called "friend" (more like acquaintance) who usually messages me first on Facebook. If someone messages me, I'll gladly talk to them. The thing is 98% of our conversations last less than 2 minutes, and he is ALWAYS the one who stops responding first. Not only that he is still online, and has seen my most recent message so it's not like he got busy or anything. I thought maybe he's just this way with everyone on Facebook chat, but that is totally not true! I have talked to other people, and his conversations aren't as awkward with them and don't end out of nowhere.

The only times our conversations last longer than 2 minutes is when he seems to be bored and wants to see if I want to hang out or go with to a movie or something. Even then he eventually just drops out of conversations, they just last slightly longer. I'm not here for anyone's entertainment when they're bored. You can't expect to start a conversation with me and then go find other people to talk to everytime, and then expect me to want to hang out with you.

Cosplays
Reaper - Overwatch (2017)
Jotaro Kujo (Part 4) - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2017)
Nobuchika Ginoza - Psycho-pass (2016)
Trafalgar Law (Punk Hazard) - One Piece (2014)
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #5904
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Jeeze..If you don't like the advice someone gives, then there's this option you have..It's called "ignoring it". Some people just have to talk down to everyone else. It doesn't make you a "bigger person" it makes you like just as much of an ass as you call me. Why can't people just ignore something they feel different about rather then having to call names and talk down to to everyone about it? And no I'm not just talking about me. I see it on other threads too. "Someone made a thread out of boredom, did they? Oh seems like the perfect time to start trolling it!!". No, how about you just leave it alone. If no one wants to post on it, or a mod wants it gone, then let that happen.

Anyway, This site seems to have the same people that hate just about everyone else except for the ones doing it..All those people seem to have the same thoughts about everyone and everything else..

Again..Don't like it? IGNORE IT!! There's no need to talk shit
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #5905
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Jeeze..If you don't like the advice someone gives, then there's this option you have..It's called "ignoring it". Some people just have to talk down to everyone else. It doesn't make you a "bigger person" it makes you like just as much of an ass as you call me. Why can't people just ignore something they feel different about rather then having to call names and talk down to to everyone about it? And no I'm not just talking about me. I see it on other threads too. "Someone made a thread out of boredom, did they? Oh seems like the perfect time to start trolling it!!". No, how about you just leave it alone. If no one wants to post on it, or a mod wants it gone, then let that happen.

Anyway, This site seems to have the same people that hate just about everyone else except for the ones doing it..All those people seem to have the same thoughts about everyone and everything else..

Again..Don't like it? IGNORE IT!! There's no need to talk shit
Go fuck yourself. I am so sick of seeing you being a complete jerk to people. You may not mean it, but YOU'RE the one talking down to people. You think you're the smart one around here and everyone else has not a clue what they're talking about. You really need to get out more if you think we're attacking you for no reason. Usually, we wouldn't, but when people are being jerks to others looking for legitimate answers, thats when I come in to stop it. You talk down to others, THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM. I'm not usually bitchy like this, trust me, just when people like you occur.

Anyways ^ that is what I felt like ranting about. Done now. Bye guys. I am now done with this subject, time to move on.

Last edited by LoliLovely : 06-09-2013 at 06:09 PM.
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #5906
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
Go fuck yourself
See there you go again.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #5907
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
See there you go again.
Hey wanna know something fun? You don't bad mouth other people in the threads especially if they're not stupid and know you're talking about them.

Why not take your own advice and be a BIG KID slip on your BIG KID PANTIES and ignore it? Hm?
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #5908
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Now, now ladies.

He's called 'terror' for a reason.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #5909
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Whelp, its that time in the Summer where everyone starts breaking up or their lives are being weird and they come to me...Hey, self, yknow you're allowed to NOT ANSWER, right? But you do anyways. *sigh* Atleast people feel comfortable talking to me xD
Unread 06-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #5910
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Ugh..So I have this one friend. She's usually really great and awesome and she is (technically) my best friend right now. But..she's been ticking me off a lot lately. As in, ignoring me for Homestuck roleplay (to the point of spending the entire day we spent at my house on MSPARP while I tried to find stuff to occupy myself with), got herself grounded the day before my birthday party due to stuff she could have totally prevented (though that whole situation was shitty, that certainly didn't help), and generally just not being a very good friend to me.
But wait. I'm supposed to take her to every con with me! Why? Because I'm the only one who actually cares to give her a ride.
It's a shame as I've seen how hard she's worked on the cosplay for this upcoming convention, but I am honestly considering telling her to get another ride. Because you know what? You are not being a shit friend to me and then forcing me to spend my convention weekend looking after your immature ass. Just so you guys have an idea, my last con was very nearly ruined by her as I had to deal with her being obnoxiously loud, she has a history of mooching off me for money as she gets overexcited when she sees merch at a con, I had to run around trying to chase her as she ran around with friends, sit there and watch her play the pocky game for nearly an hour, and then when my dad told us it was time to go home, I had to chase her down and ended up nearly slapping her when she whined at me that she didn't want to leave.
Bitch, I can just as easily NOT take you, and, though part of me really doesn't want to as I know how happy you were to be at the con and how happy you are working on your costumes, I did not get to do a damn thing at that con that I wanted to all because I was apparently signed up to be a babysitter during it. I get you're excited. I get you're hyper. I get we're going to have friends doing different things.
But you were on thin enough ice after that whole performance at a con.
I am not letting you ignore me for two fucking weeks straight and then try to talk to me about a convention, because if that is what happens and you don't have some damn good reasons why I should take you, I am not.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote