Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Fan Expo

Unread 11-13-2005, 09:18 PM   #1
Vicky
Now with more bwag

Project Sin: Sin City @ FXC06

WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A HARTIGAN COSPLAYER!!!

I'm organizing a contribution to a classic comic book by assembling a SIN CITY group cosplay! We're serious 18+ cosplayers who put together costumes and will be attending the 2006 Fan Expo Canada!

Our mandatory photoshoot is Friday night.
More information coming soon.

The following character may be available in the near future:

- Dwight

For more information you can visit this site: http://sin.prettypistol.com/

Last edited by Vicky : 08-24-2006 at 08:45 PM.
Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-14-2005, 09:44 AM   #2
TribalButterfly
How Much Longer Until CN?

I've heard of quite a few people tinkering with the idea of cosplaying as Sin City Characters, so i'm sure you'll get a good responce, so long as this forum is still being visited.

I don't think that I am going to be one of them (because i'm already really booked with other cosplay ideas) But i MIGHT be able to supply the Photographer(s). I'll see what i can do for you, but it's kinda far from the date for me to give you any really committed responces (at least, not for free. I'm pretty sure they'd only be able to give you a definate yes THIS early in time if you were a paying client - that's why they're called profeshionals after all )
If they'd do it they'd most likely bring all of their studio equipment, and the photos would be outrageous wicked!
I've actually got a photoshoot lined up for myself on Sunday. It's not a cosplay one, but i'll still mention your idea and see if anyone's interested

Best of Luck!

Last edited by TribalButterfly : 11-14-2005 at 09:48 AM.
TribalButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2005, 11:21 AM   #3
Vicky
Now with more bwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalButterfly
I'll see what i can do for you, but it's kinda far from the date for me to give you any really committed responces (at least, not for free. I'm pretty sure they'd only be able to give you a definate yes THIS early in time if you were a paying client - that's why they're called profeshionals after all )
You're absolutely right.
*looks* Yep, I said professional photographer alright.
I guess that makes me a potential client, doesn't it?

Thanks, I appriciate the help.
Unread 11-16-2005, 05:33 PM   #4
TribalButterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky
You're absolutely right.
*looks* Yep, I said professional photographer alright.
I guess that makes me a potential client, doesn't it?

Thanks, I appriciate the help.

Hey no problem! Just let me know when you have more details for me to pass onto them!

I know of ONE photographer for sure who should be there all 3 days - because he's my bf, and I force him to be there! Haha! But I'm sure i can get a bunch of them to come, so just let me know whatever details would be helpful whenever you can!
Unread 11-19-2005, 03:31 AM   #5
Vicky
Now with more bwag

well i'd like to treat as more of an application for anyone who's interested. i'd like some sample photos, some sample work they've done in photoshop if possible, a brief description of what they feel they could uniquely contribute to a Sin City photoshoot. then i'd like to negotiate the wages based on what they're comfortable with. i'm fine with either fee per photo or pay by hour, or whatever they may have in mind. i'm not interested in physical prints but digital photos, I'd like at LEAST a 5 megapixel camera, preferably an SLR of the sorts.

the photoshoot will most likely be Friday night within walking distance of the Metro Convention Centre, so a photographer familiar with the area and some specific places in mind would help. I bit of a walk is okay but it would be unfair to ask everyone to walk great lengths. I'd like a series of group photos, small group photos, and a handfull of solo photos... preferably in various scenery and not just one... it helps if the photographer has seen Sin City and is familiar with the filmography used.

Oh yes! and they have to instruct the cosplayers. If there's one thing that irritates me in photoshoots is when people are too shy to tell the subject to put their chin up or something. I'm willing to help this as well, but a photographer should be able to invision the best result and make it happen.

is that enough information? i know it's kind of detailed but thats why i'm willing to pay XD i realize it is quite a bit to ask
Unread 11-19-2005, 08:57 AM   #6
TribalButterfly

I'll pass this information onto them

One thing i have to note on, pro photographers don't regularly pose their models. In the real world (Advertisments, and such) they use to real models who have practiced their poses in the mirror on their own. That's why model's in advertising get paid so much.
Then you've got the stylists who worry about every hair being in place, and all the little details like that - SO it would be a good idea if the cosplayers were rehersed in what they wanted to do, and came equiped with ideas of their own on how to pose.
Sure, the photographer can suggest stuff, but it shouldn't be their sole responcibility - otherwise you're thinking of a "school photo photographer" who moves "your chin just so", and "your arm a little to the left" for one of those generic, uniform poses Haha!
It's not that they are "Too Shy" to say anything, (I'm sure that if they have any suggestions for improvment, they will voice them, but) it's just, That's not really THEIR job. That's the Model's job.
If my guys did it, they'd be expecting to see some enthusiasim, energy, and creativity from the cosplayers posing. You might wanna pass that message onto them

Also, you might want to come up with a few location Ideas yourself too. I'm not saying that they can't think of any but, really it's Your photoshoot, they're just the one taking the pictures. Where do you envision shooting this?
I'll ask them if they have any ideas though.

And, don;t worry about the quality of the cameras - state of the art, top of the line - all of it. Plus my boyfriend is a Photoshop master! It wouldn't be a problem to get down the Sin City style.

SO, i'll pass on the message and see if anyone's interested.

Last edited by TribalButterfly : 11-19-2005 at 09:02 AM.
TribalButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2005, 12:46 AM   #7
Vicky
Now with more bwag

maybe if i was a photographer and had some kind of artistic ability, i would. but i don't. that's why i'm looking. if your photographer friends aren't interested in helping cosplayers pose then i'm not really interested in hiring them. thanks anyway
Unread 11-21-2005, 11:59 AM   #8
TribalButterfly

No problem. I'll still pass on the message to them, just incase.
Unread 11-21-2005, 12:05 PM   #9
Vicky
Now with more bwag

thanks!
Unread 11-22-2005, 10:37 AM   #10
Kohana
I heart Shing02

I'd love to do a Miho costume.... but its a little early... I can make that more definite in the new year when I finalize all my plans for the con season

SELF PROCLAIMED CEO OF AMW INC.

Deviantart

HEEEEEEEEEY POTATO!!!!!!!! *chucks Potato

Last edited by Kohana : 11-23-2005 at 06:56 AM.
Kohana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 12:36 PM   #11
Vicky
Now with more bwag

awesome, i hope you consider it

i just posted it so early because a lot of people already have their costume schedule in the works
Unread 11-22-2005, 01:58 PM   #12
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Like Kohana I won't know FOR SURE about whether I'm going to be at CN until January, so I'll let you know/send in an app. as soon as I do.... but I would love to be Goldie/wendy!!!
MaiSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 04:38 PM   #13
heki-chan
SMA-Cosplay
Board Moderator

A good friend of mine is a kickass photographer! (online portfolio: http://photography.solartempest.net )

He's most likely coming with me to AnimeNorth to do some test shots for anyone who is interested in hiring him for a full shoot in the summertime/afterwards. ^_^
heki-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 11:04 PM   #14
Vicky
Now with more bwag

MellowUnicorn~ oh you would make such a GREAT Goldie! ^____^ Please, keep me updated! I hope you will be able to come!!

Heki-chan~ wow i really like his photos! Could you please ask him if he might interested to do a photoshoot on Friday of CNX? Thank you so much!

Last edited by Vicky : 11-22-2005 at 11:24 PM.
Unread 11-23-2005, 07:47 AM   #15
Kohana
I heart Shing02

I've been looking at some character designs (its been a while since I seen them)... now I think I'm debating between Miho and Gail... but thats a whole lot of nekid...lol....but since the photoshoot is on the Friday its very likely I will be doing a cosplay from Sin City...

Does anyone have any links for pictures of the characters?

SELF PROCLAIMED CEO OF AMW INC.

Deviantart

HEEEEEEEEEY POTATO!!!!!!!! *chucks Potato
Kohana is offline   Reply With Quote