Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 08-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Radical_Tsunami

Smile Roxas Checkerboard Pattern

I'm working on putting together a Roxas cosplay (Twilight Town version). So far, I have the pants, the black vest thing on the inside, and jacket made. The problem I have is how to do the checkerboard pattern.

I initially considered using iron-on transfers. But my parents thought it was best to have a laser printer instead of an inkjet printer, so that's out of the question. I thought about using Sharpies but the ink would bleed and I don't want to damage a white jacket. XD

I'm considering embroidering the checkerboard pattern, but I have very little experience with embroidery. Since it's just gonna be squares, I might be able to pull it off, but it needs to be perfect since, well, it's squares and a checkerboard pattern.

I also need to make the wristband. XD Again, problem with the checkerboard pattern.

I had read a post earlier about Roxas and his 'stupid checkerboard pattern' but it didn't have the information I needed. So any help aside from what was mentioned in that post would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance (/^D^)/

Unread 09-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!

Fabric paint might be an option, but even with tape it's a pain to get a straight line with it.

Do you not have a friend/print shop/public library with an inkjet printer you would be able to use?