Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Persona

Unread 07-11-2008, 02:26 PM   #166
F. Silverberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeKai View Post
Working on Jin's costume as we speak and i was wondering if i just painted his gun black, would that make a big deal he seems to use the grenade more(Hopefully i can find them come Halloween) But i am gonna try and paint it today. I will post images when i get a first coat done.
Why would you need to paint it black to begin with?

Yea, it's more important to have the grenade and metallic briefcase, he only uses his evoker in battle.
Unread 07-11-2008, 02:42 PM   #167
SupremeKai
Look beyond appearances

Well the gun i got was bright orange, and i was bored today as well and it is dam hard to find toy grenades have looked at almost every toy store in my area. And the briefcase is also hard to find.

Since i am writing this does anyone know if you can paint a leather or something like that silver. I really do not want to spend $80 and above. But here is the pic for the gun. and thanks for the help and reply's

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...t=DSCN0112.jpg
Unread 07-11-2008, 03:39 PM   #168
shivachan
a little girl dreaming...

Quote:
Well the gun i got was bright orange, and i was bored today as well and it is dam hard to find toy grenades have looked at almost every toy store in my area. And the briefcase is also hard to find.

Since i am writing this does anyone know if you can paint a leather or something like that silver. I really do not want to spend $80 and above. But here is the pic for the gun. and thanks for the help and reply's

That looks like the same kind of gun I have (except mine is already black and I need to paint it silver... (or buy a new gun the exact same except in silver... which I think I saw at the dollar store ^^;) Looks good.

Toy grenades would probably be hard to find. You may be able to paper mache one, or something though. It's an idea if you're bored and feeling crafty... I don't know if leather is paintable though... good luck!

Cons attending:
Otafest, Animethon, Anime Expo, CCEE

Costumes to work on:
Chie [Persona 4], Linda [Okage],
Ringo [Air Gear], Mamimi [FLCL],
Sakura [Tsubasa], Elizabeth [Persona 4],
Lightning [FFXIII],
shivachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2008, 10:53 PM   #169
F. Silverberg

Quote:

I don't know if you can paint leather, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find a metallic suitcase. It's harder to find one on the cheap...but Kaiba, a character from Yugioh used a metallic suitcase, and they did produce it as a card binder...thing, if you can still find those, that's pretty much a perfect replica.

The toy grenade will be pretty difficult (especially nowadays), I agree with Shivachan and making it yourself may be your best bet.
Unread 07-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #170
Turtleen

For the grenades you could always papermache or get a foam ball and cut it into shape, it's pretty easy to do.

You can paint leather but, but it'll peel right off xD
The Yu-gi-oh one's a good idea, or you should be able to find a metallic briefcase on the internet somewhere, I doubt you'd find one in stores though.
Turtleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #171
SupremeKai
Look beyond appearances

Thanks everyone for the idea, i actually found a grenade at a dollar store all i have to do is paint it green and i'm done, as for the briefcase i have some ebay items i am watching and some items on Amazon for 20 bucks just have to wait to cash my check
Unread 07-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #172
shivachan

Good luck to you SupremeKai!

Now that Anime Evolution may be post-poned... I've lost my motivation to work on my Bebe costume (which was really just for that con...)... If the weekend gets changed I probably won't be able to go to it... (since Vancouver is a 2 day drive for me...)

Cons attending:

Costumes to work on:
Lightning [FFXIII],
Unread 07-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #173
SupremeKai
Look beyond appearances

Just thought that i would post the finished props for Jin just got the briefcase yesterday for $15 so i would say that i scored and the grenade was a dollar store find all i had to do was spray paint it green. Now all i have to do is get his shirt/coat and buy the wig have some good ideas where to get the wig. But here are the pics

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...t=DSCN0116.jpg
http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...t=DSCN0118.jpg
http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...t=DSCN0119.jpg
Unread 07-19-2008, 09:02 PM   #174
Turtleen

Quote:
Now that Anime Evolution may be post-poned... I've lost my motivation to work on my Bebe costume (which was really just for that con...)... If the weekend gets changed I probably won't be able to go to it... (since Vancouver is a 2 day drive for me...)
I know! D: Mine are finished, but if the date's changed, I've already got a flight that I had to rebook to stay there originally and now if it's changed I'll be missing a con back home on the original AE dates and AE >_>
Turtleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2008, 04:23 AM   #175
shivachan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleen View Post
I know! D: Mine are finished, but if the date's changed, I've already got a flight that I had to rebook to stay there originally and now if it's changed I'll be missing a con back home on the original AE dates and AE >_>
I was so looking forward to meeting you too! Hopefully the con will still go on that weekend... I'll be so sad if it doesn't. I want to meet you! And I've already ordered my school uniform...

Cons attending:

Costumes to work on:
Lightning [FFXIII],
Unread 08-12-2008, 06:54 PM   #176
jennarose
Yeah.

I have some questions on Aigis's school girl uniform.

Should I just put trim on or should I be accurate and put zippers?
(ref: http://www.dokuganryu.com/scans/megaten/p3/art24.jpg)

Actually while looking at it, it looks like there is one zipper (on the right side) and on the left it's just trim. Can anyone clarify this? Because then that would make sense on how they get it on.

Also what fabric would someone suggest for the shirt and skirt?

And what would be a good suggest to use for her, well, I don't know what to call it, but I guess 'skin' (the white things that comes up past her neck a little). Since I'll do the school uniform version would it be cheaper and easier to just buy a white turtle neck and modify it instead of a full body jump suit type thing.

I think that is all my questions. Thanks! Oh an if someone has any ideas to any patterns I could alter than that would be great! Thanks!

Also does anyone know of a good place to buy silver zippers? I don't think Jo anns had any last time I checked when I went there.

Last edited by jennarose : 08-13-2008 at 11:49 AM.
jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #177
Midnight
...Oh my

Mmmm... this thread is pretty long, so my apologies if this is redundant, but I posted something people might find useful for making the patch.

It's over in the Accessory & Prop forum:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=157283
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2008, 09:11 PM   #178
FyreGothChylde
Memento Mori

I would really like to do Thanatos or the white Joker from IS someday..I just don't know where to begin XD
Unread 08-13-2008, 09:54 PM   #179
Atrista
Dangerously Cheesy

I just finished mine (in the gallery) and I used 2 matching silver/gray parka sport zippers from JoAnn's (to make them stand out more and match the color) It worked out much better than I thought it might. I saw multiple references that had it both ways, so I just went with what made the most sense to me.

I used black non stretch gabardine (from Hancock Fabrics) for the skirt and jacket, and a white stretch cotton jersey for her neck piece. It was soft and breathable, which was nice, but did have a tendency to wrinkle. I hooked the ends over my ears, but I'd recommend putting them on a headband under your wig because my ears were KILLING me by the end of the first two hours I had it on

For the pattern I modified an outerwear sport jacket pattern. I did away with the collar entirely, cut the side panels short and inserted the center panel with zippers on either side. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me

Sorry for the insanely long post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennarose View Post
I have some questions on Aigis's school girl uniform.
Complete: Tear (Tales of the Abyss) Mitsuru (Persona 3) Mitsuru Persona 3 Aigis Persona 3 Xianghua Soul Calibur 3 3 Alicia Valkyrie Profile 2 Lydie Erlanger Castlevania: HOD Ayame Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven Albus & Shanoa from Castlevania OoE

Upcoming....Judith from Tales of Vesperia[/size]

Senior Editor at GameSkinny.com - Hey Gamer, Get Heard!
Atrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2008, 10:14 PM   #180
jennarose
Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najica View Post
I just finished mine (in the gallery) and I used 2 matching silver/gray parka sport zippers from JoAnn's (to make them stand out more and match the color) It worked out much better than I thought it might. I saw multiple references that had it both ways, so I just went with what made the most sense to me.

I used black non stretch gabardine (from Hancock Fabrics) for the skirt and jacket, and a white stretch cotton jersey for her neck piece. It was soft and breathable, which was nice, but did have a tendency to wrinkle. I hooked the ends over my ears, but I'd recommend putting them on a headband under your wig because my ears were KILLING me by the end of the first two hours I had it on

For the pattern I modified an outerwear sport jacket pattern. I did away with the collar entirely, cut the side panels short and inserted the center panel with zippers on either side. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me

Sorry for the insanely long post!

Ah! Thank you so much!

Your a great Aigis, btw! ^_^
jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote