Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Persona

Unread 04-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #121
kowaipanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirromaru View Post
Curlers work, but only if you have curlers that don't heat up themselves. You can use hot water or a blow dryer (carefully!) on a low setting. -i know the pain with finding a wig :/ I finally used one that had more artbook than ingame color...
okie dokie~~ thanks for the advice Mirromaru-san~ your mitsuru cosplays look terrific!
I'm gonna go for the artbook color too... Mitsuru's in game color looks really dark.
kowaipanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #122
Turtleen

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Wavy-28-BURGUNDY-...QQcmdZViewItem
They used to have one that was a bit curlier and that colour but I think it must have just been bought or run out of time.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/24-long-RED-LAYER...QQcmdZViewItem there's this too, it's a bit shorter and brighter.
As for curlers, a curling iron only works on certain kinds of wigs and others it burns. Curlers can work, but you need a lot of hairspray and stuff on them.

I'm practising walking with my Nyx leg covers on xD
Turtleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2008, 06:24 AM   #123
kowaipanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleen View Post
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Wavy-28-BURGUNDY-...QQcmdZViewItem
They used to have one that was a bit curlier and that colour but I think it must have just been bought or run out of time.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/24-long-RED-LAYER...QQcmdZViewItem there's this too, it's a bit shorter and brighter.
As for curlers, a curling iron only works on certain kinds of wigs and others it burns. Curlers can work, but you need a lot of hairspray and stuff on them.

I'm practising walking with my Nyx leg covers on xD

mou~~ Have you bought wigs there? I mean is it safe~ I'm considering buying one~
Good luck on your walk~!
Unread 04-21-2008, 04:55 PM   #124
Turtleen

Quote:
mou~~ Have you bought wigs there? I mean is it safe~ I'm considering buying one~
Good luck on your walk~!
Yeah, I've bought a few wigs from there, 2 were for Persona cosplays actually xD They're really good quality and the shipping was fast, I haven't heard anything bad about them either. I think their reputation on ebay was something like 99.8%
Unread 04-21-2008, 07:18 PM   #125
kowaipanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleen View Post
Yeah, I've bought a few wigs from there, 2 were for Persona cosplays actually xD They're really good quality and the shipping was fast, I haven't heard anything bad about them either. I think their reputation on ebay was something like 99.8%

Okie dokie then~~~ I'm gonna buy from their shop~~ Thanks for the recommend~
2 persona cosplays cool~!
Unread 04-23-2008, 12:43 AM   #126
Rika-Chan
orz

Finally made some significant progress with my Chidori cosplay~

http://pics.livejournal.com/chuu/pic/0002bwrw

I have the wig, too, but I'm tired of untangling it everytime I try it on to see how it looks with everything XP
Rika-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008, 01:25 AM   #127
SkrinkforK
Ze-Ze Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowaipanda View Post
My 2 cosplays are based on Persona 3... It's really a great game.

Have you guys seen a good wig for Mitsuru... It's really hard to find
T-T
Help Onegai~~
anou... do curlers work on wigs?
Pardon my ignorance
I've found that a steamer on a low setting works very well. I haven't tried curling with actual curlers (we didn't have the resources once we were at the con) but steaming works for straightening and getting out tangles. Theoretically it should work for curling as well. If you want to make the wig go back to the style you bought it in all you have to do is wash it (they usually come with instructions on how). If you're using any type of heat I would recommend a test spot in a place where people won't see to make sure the wig won't melt and remember hairspray doesn't hurt (just don't use too much or get too close and max hold works best)!
SkrinkforK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008, 05:31 AM   #128
kowaipanda

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkrinkforK View Post
I've found that a steamer on a low setting works very well. I haven't tried curling with actual curlers (we didn't have the resources once we were at the con) but steaming works for straightening and getting out tangles. Theoretically it should work for curling as well. If you want to make the wig go back to the style you bought it in all you have to do is wash it (they usually come with instructions on how). If you're using any type of heat I would recommend a test spot in a place where people won't see to make sure the wig won't melt and remember hairspray doesn't hurt (just don't use too much or get too close and max hold works best)!
Thanks so much for the tips! I'm really quite new to cosplaying and cosplay.com.
People here are helpful and great~!
You guys
Unread 04-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #129
mewillusion
~*~Moira~*~

-jumps on the monorail before it leaves- Due to my now obsession with 3 (-squeals-) I am now joining the Persona 3 group that was at Megacon 2008 as Fuuka. I'm still pretty early in the game but I love it and for some reason I've liked Fuuka ever since I saw what she looks like (but I haven't gotten to her just yet in the game, maybe later tonight XD). I've also noticed like only 3-4 other Fuuka cosplayers out there. -scans the horizon-
mewillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #130
kowaipanda

Hello guys~ I'm back. I bought a new wig for Mitsuru, and tried different make up.

What do you guys think? Suggestions and critique are welcomed~
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1512169/

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1512170/

Good luck on your Fuuka cosplay mew~
Unread 05-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #131
mewillusion
~*~Moira~*~

Thanks Panda! Your Mitsuru wig is perfect btw =3

I got the basic form of Fuuka's skirt done. I swear the inner pleat pattern haunts me... First Emi from DDR, then Mikuru, now Fuuka XD At least I don't need to buy the pattern again! I did get to buy the fabric for Fuuka's blue shirt today (yay fabric!!! X3) but since I am moving in less than two weeks, I'm halting my sewing until I am settled into my new place =3
Unread 05-12-2008, 12:31 PM   #132
Turtleen

That wig looks really good panda =D

Good luck with Fuuka, mew.

Must kill suspenders -_- they're giving me a harder time than anything for Nyx. The suspender clips I bought have stopped working and decided to unhook every time I move.
Unread 05-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #133
kowaipanda

mew - wow~ I'm amazed at people who sew their own costumes... I can't do that TT-TT (<- doesn't have the talent)

turtleen - no more suspenders? new suspender clips then!
Unread 05-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #134
mewillusion
~*~Moira~*~

Panda - I'm still a novice at sewing but it's something that I'm passionate for =3 I want to work with costume designing as a career and my best friend/"twin sister" and I are putting the plans up for our commissioning business but we still need some experience before we get that up and running ^_^;;

Back onto Persona: The ribbons on Fuuka's shirt neck and sleeve ends, should I look for a ribbon that isn't shiny/satin or would satin be acceptable? I seriously cannot choose between the two. For my Mikuru cosplay I went with satin on the collar and cuffs but now when I look at it I'm thinking, "what was I thinking when I chose that?!" But for Fuuka, I'm torn. The fabric for the shirt is stretching but not shiny.... gah!!! -rips out hair-
Unread 05-13-2008, 04:19 AM   #135
Neizfer
Lancelot Steiner

Oh oooohH i have i cosplayed jin or..... erm crossplay Jin In persona 3 hehehe if you like to be a known hacker and have some awsome Bombs and stuff his the best i know heheh so fast~~ >3<
Neizfer is offline   Reply With Quote