Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Atomic Lollipop

Unread 02-22-2015, 05:03 PM   #1
minion-chan
Previously Cretanzia

2015 Tickets On Sale

Just wanted to let you guys know that early bird ticket sales for 2015 are up!

See you there!

http://www.atomiclollipop.com/tickets/

PepperCat (Medabots)
minion-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-23-2015, 01:11 PM   #2
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Got mine a few days ago while they still had early bird pricing left. I AM SO EXCITE. I have so many costumes begging for photos at the science centre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2015, 05:53 PM   #3
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Bro and I are seriously considering this con. What's it like?

Zapdos, Moltres with light up elements
Revamped Scalemaille Gyarados (depending on heat)
Kimono Ash

Future Plans in the Works
Morag - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Moltres - original design
Female Starlord with Doctor Strange
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2015, 02:31 PM   #4
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Bro and I are seriously considering this con. What's it like?
It's AWESOME. Lots of events and shows (they got prozzak as a concert guest this year, remember them? and nerdy burlesque on saturdays, last year they had "cirque du sugoi" which was similar but less sexy and more stunty on friday night), friday and saturday dance/rave, a bit heavy on the 90's nostalgia, a decent amount of diverse panels (what I remember attending last year involved futurama trivia challenge, simpsons trivia challenge, cyberpunk in the past and present, a workshop on swing dancing, and Q&A with the host of that old Uh-Oh! game show on YTV...), there's a bouncy castle, a small petting zoo and one of those "gladiator" arenas where you whack at people on pedestals to knock each other off, and it's in the SCIENCE CENTER that we have free run of, so you will NEVER get bored and SO MANY photo-ops! We only have the whole building to ourself on friday, though, the rest we need to share it with other visitors, so as a result the dealer's/artists alleys get moved a lot, and lots of cheap food options around. Also, a lightsaber and a nerf battle. I've heard some people say how it's all raver crowd and full of drugs, no, really it's not, especially since they changed venues. You'll certainly get a lot of attendees at the dances but little to no drug or blatant alcohol use (though they do have a cordoned-off area by the dance where you can buy drinks), it's very safe and everyone I met was super awesome/friendly/happy. Cosplay is super-encouraged (I mean, science center photo-ops....) but it's summer and a lot of stuff is also held outside or will have you being active, so best to wear something easy to change out of or lighter-weight for the weather. I wore these two to it last year and was pretty comfortable except when I was sitting for a long time in the a/c. http://www.cosplay.com/costume/430805/ http://www.cosplay.com/costume/469601/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 05-27-2015 at 02:35 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote