Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Unread 05-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #6031
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I started Batman: Arkham Origins last night because my husband wanted to see it played. So far it plays just like the rest, and it's fun so far, but it definitely is missing a certain charm and it seems a bit off. Probably because it's not Rocksteady. At least this is pumping me up for Arkham Knight in the fall!

Unread 05-11-2014, 10:00 AM   #6032
VulsaviiK

Some Tetris battle game. All I can say is having fast fingers definitely seems to be a plus here. Needed a break after this, rather stressful game of SC2, especially when people try cute shit like this:

http://imgur.com/YcxQGAi

That Planetary Fortress is 550 Minerals, 150 Vespene Gas. That wasn't the issue, the issue was the 15 -20 missile turrets he built, and my Broodlords were on the other side of the map. So basically that base made no money anyway.

To top it off, he went Viking/Tank. It's a terrible composition, and yet it's so hard to assault into it. Vikings give air superiority and make it hard to keep Broodlords alive, and you have to trade so many Mutalisks to deal with the amount of Vikings he built, and you never come out on top after a trade like that. To top it off, the siege tanks make Zerglings, Banelings and Ultralisks useless to try and assault into his base. Infestors aren't bad, however if they get spotted, well, they can't fight back since they're a spellcaster.

So yeah, throw away a shit tonne of gas on Mutalisks to keep Broodlords alive to take out his base. I have a very love/hate relationship with this game...

Last edited by VulsaviiK : 05-11-2014 at 01:29 PM.
VulsaviiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #6033
Sayorain
Hi I'm Sayo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulsaviiK View Post
Now if this were Korea, all the fangirls/cheerleaders would flock to the e-sports guys anyways. Like, Lim Yo Hwan (Who went by the handle BoxeR) married a popular actress. And being such a popular player, used to host Television events, awards ceremonies for music/tv etc.

See what I mean. Backwards place man
MOTHER ****ING BOXER. OH MY GOD I WOULD LOVE TO ALSO MEET JAEDONG, FLASH, AND EVERYONE ELSE.

In the meanwhile, if I wasn't so stressed with finals and papers, I'd be playing Diablo 3: RoS right now...

Quote:
Some Tetris battle game. All I can say is having fast fingers definitely seems to be a plus here. Needed a break after this, rather stressful game of SC2, especially when people try cute shit like this:

http://imgur.com/YcxQGAi

That Planetary Fortress is 550 Minerals, 150 Vespene Gas. That wasn't the issue, the issue was the 15 -20 missile turrets he built, and my Broodlords were on the other side of the map. So basically that base made no money anyway.

To top it off, he went Viking/Tank. It's a terrible composition, and yet it's so hard to assault into it. Vikings give air superiority and make it hard to keep Broodlords alive, and you have to trade so many Mutalisks to deal with the amount of Vikings he built, and you never come out on top after a trade like that. To top it off, the siege tanks make Zerglings, Banelings and Ultralisks useless to try and assault into his base. Infestors aren't bad, however if they get spotted, well, they can't fight back since they're a spellcaster.

So yeah, throw away a shit tonne of gas on Mutalisks to keep Broodlords alive to take out his base. I have a very love/hate relationship with this game...
This would be the circlejerk moment where I'd say go Swarmhosts, because that guy was also going mech... and you know the whole joke about mech vs swarmhosts... Aside from that, Terran was most likely turtled there for a while. Since his army is pretty immobile and having air static defense, something along the lines of ling/bane might have helped you a bit.

I'm thinking Ultras could have helped well too.

Last edited by Sayorain : 05-11-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Sayorain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 01:25 AM   #6034
VulsaviiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayorain View Post
This would be the circlejerk moment where I'd say go Swarmhosts, because that guy was also going mech... and you know the whole joke about mech vs swarmhosts... Aside from that, Terran was most likely turtled there for a while. Since his army is pretty immobile and having air static defense, something along the lines of ling/bane might have helped you a bit.

I'm thinking Ultras could have helped well too.
I think Broodlords are better that scenario, good for dealing with Anti-Air and the GG-lings spawn on top of the Tanks, while to assault up a ramp with siege tanks at the top with Swarm Hosts is kind of weird. You need so many swarmhosts and hope they actually make it to the tanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayorain View Post
MOTHER ****ING BOXER. OH MY GOD I WOULD LOVE TO ALSO MEET JAEDONG, FLASH, AND EVERYONE ELSE.
If you aren't familiar with him, and like Zerg players you should check out Life, who plays for Startale (Hehe, basically team Red Bull). Him or HyuN are probably the best Zergs in the world right now

Last edited by VulsaviiK : 05-12-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Unread 05-12-2014, 07:30 AM   #6035
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Replaying Mass Effect. Things I am reminded of:

The Mako is awesome (shut up haters).
Wrex is awesome.
Kaidan is a weenie.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
(I'd planned on letting him live this time around but, man, he's making it hard).

Garrus is a weenie. But now I know how awesome he gets in ME2, so I cut him some slack.
This game is not very hard (playing on Veteran this time).
Copypastes everywhere!
Seriously - the Mako kicks ass. I don't understand why it gets so much hate.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #6036
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Replaying Mass Effect. Things I am reminded of:

The Mako is awesome (shut up haters).
Wrex is awesome.
Kaidan is a weenie.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
(I'd planned on letting him live this time around but, man, he's making it hard).

Garrus is a weenie. But now I know how awesome he gets in ME2, so I cut him some slack.
This game is not very hard (playing on Veteran this time).
Copypastes everywhere!
Seriously - the Mako kicks ass. I don't understand why it gets so much hate.
Because it controls like ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

The plot missions for the Mako are fairly uninteresting and repetitive as hell, at least in IMO. Doing sidequests with is better, but yo, the original Warthog in Halo controls a ton better and that game dropped in like 2001.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #6037
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Because it controls like ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

The plot missions for the Mako are fairly uninteresting and repetitive as hell, at least in IMO. Doing sidequests with is better, but yo, the original Warthog in Halo controls a ton better and that game dropped in like 2001.
But it can drive straight up a mountain! Sure, it handles about as well as a shopping cart, but I don't have any real problems getting around in it. And yeah, the mission stuff with the Mako is just "drive down this long corridor" and occasionally shoot somethign. But if you want to talk about repetitive - those side quests. Yeesh. If it weren't for being able to bounce around in the Mako they'd be unbearable.

Oh and I forgot - fuck unskippable cut scenes.

But it will make me appreciate ME2/3 all the more. I just felt like I wanted to replay the whole series.
Unread 05-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #6038
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
But it can drive straight up a mountain! Sure, it handles about as well as a shopping cart, but I don't have any real problems getting around in it. And yeah, the mission stuff with the Mako is just "drive down this long corridor" and occasionally shoot somethign. But if you want to talk about repetitive - those side quests. Yeesh. If it weren't for being able to bounce around in the Mako they'd be unbearable.

Oh and I forgot - fuck unskippable cut scenes.

But it will make me appreciate ME2/3 all the more. I just felt like I wanted to replay the whole series.
For real. People cry and cry over ME3, but yo, have you've played ME1 in the last 4 years NERDS? The game has not aged well.

Speaking of sidequests in ME: http://awkwardzombie.com/

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 05-13-2014, 01:05 AM   #6039
VulsaviiK

Quote:
For real. People cry and cry over ME3, but yo, have you've played ME1 in the last 4 years NERDS? The game has not aged well.

Only ME game I've played was a second, and a bit of the first. I watched my housemate play a bit of the first more recently, and yeah, it's not aged very well, compared to other franchises.

Nostalgia kicked in, I've been playing Street Rod 2. Damn you King and your stupid black mustang, I will have that car!!!
Unread 05-14-2014, 10:19 AM   #6040
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
ME1 is significantly inferior to ME2/3 but the only thing that really bugs me is the boring and repetitive environments. That and the friggin unskippable cut scenes. But I'm blasting through it super fast. Well, fast for me. I'm almost done. Then on to ME2

Quote:
Yeah, I'll take bouncing around in the Mako over scanning planets ANY day.
Unread 05-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #6041
VulsaviiK

Managed to record an APM video of SC2 tonight. Not so cool is I managed to catch 2 very bad mannered opponents in the 2v2 I recorded. Apparently I was a complete noob, even though the other guys were completely outplayed... go figure. I guess there's a reason classification boards can't put a rating on online interactions.

We need to be a week ahead in time however. I scored a "free" copy of Watchdogs and have to wait for it to be released

Trying to get Phantasy Star Online 2 installed so I can start playing that with some guys in America I've been talking to. Apparently trying to make a Sega account when you can only read/write english is the fun part, and by fun, I mean, well, not fun

Last edited by VulsaviiK : 05-19-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Unread 05-19-2014, 01:32 PM   #6042
RainRevolution

I just realized reading this I never got the new zelda O.o I've been playing Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Minecraft, Prince of Persia Sands of Time for the 360 (the remake) and NIER. Like I alternate. Lol.
Kagome, Kikyo (finished) and Tsubaki from Inuyasha
Cube or Gum from JSRF
Mareep from Pokemon
Steampunk!Terezi from Homestuck
Kirigiri, Nanami and Yui Samidare from Dangan Ronpa
RainRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2014, 09:40 AM   #6043
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Trying to get Phantasy Star Online 2 installed so I can start playing that with some guys in America I've been talking to. Apparently trying to make a Sega account when you can only read/write english is the fun part, and by fun, I mean, well, not fun
It's still insane that PSO2 isn't availably anywhere in NA/Europe by now. SEGA is the worst

Start playing Transistor last night, which is RAD. I'm excited for everyone to play it, as the combat is neat, the soundtrack is fantastic and the visuals are crazy.

Unread 05-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #6044
VulsaviiK

Quote:
It's still insane that PSO2 isn't availably anywhere in NA/Europe by now. SEGA is the worst
I think that's due to a lack of an MMO development team outside of Japan. There are fan patches and it is playable, if a little weird to install and make an account. Actually I've had some difficulties in downloading it, can't really burn through internet bandwidth with people still around. Might try and finish it before work tomorrow
Unread 05-25-2014, 03:33 AM   #6045
Saltpeter
DANGER: Talks too much

I play EVE Online. It's internet spaceships, and it sometimes gets on the news because the in-game currency has a real-world value estimate and the largest battles end up causing destruction on the order of hundreds of thousands of US dollars. @_@

But yesterday, I found out that Dungeon Fighter Online came back to the US, and I've been binging on it ever since. It's a Castle Crashers-style 2.5D beat-em-up that holds a very special place in my heart.

I was playing a lot of Kerbal Space Program before the car accident last week. I lost my appetite for mechanical engineering and repeated crashes, so that's on hold. But I do have a pretty neat adventure on the KSP forums.

Next up? This guy!

ETC: NYCC 2016

Last edited by Saltpeter : 05-26-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Saltpeter is offline   Reply With Quote