Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Unread 05-27-2014, 01:06 AM   #6046
VulsaviiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltpeter View Post
I play EVE Online. It's internet spaceships, and it sometimes gets on the news because the in-game currency has a real-world value estimate and the largest battles end up causing destruction on the order of hundreds of thousands of US dollars. @_@
I only know one person IRL who plays EVE, and between him and what I've read I've been led to believe that people who play that game are cray-cray, and very dedicated.

Him and his friends he used to play with would rarely actually spend money on the game, but they'd go for an all-weekend session and throwdown like, $100 each to buy stuff, which for 8-12 people.... You see where I'm going with this
VulsaviiK is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-27-2014, 09:07 AM   #6047
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulsaviiK View Post
I think that's due to a lack of an MMO development team outside of Japan. There are fan patches and it is playable, if a little weird to install and make an account. Actually I've had some difficulties in downloading it, can't really burn through internet bandwidth with people still around. Might try and finish it before work tomorrow
I'd buy that, but it was playable at a PAX prime a few years ago, and I think Korea is getting a version win English. Which yo, what the dicks SEGA.

Gamewise, it's been Transistor, Hearthstone, LoL & Super Metroid on the WiiU, because Super Metroid is the BEST

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2014, 02:14 AM   #6048
Saltpeter
DANGER: Talks too much

Quote:
I only know one person IRL who plays EVE, and between him and what I've read I've been led to believe that people who play that game are cray-cray, and very dedicated.

Him and his friends he used to play with would rarely actually spend money on the game, but they'd go for an all-weekend session and throwdown like, $100 each to buy stuff, which for 8-12 people.... You see where I'm going with this
Mmm, the ol' wallet warrior. I used to do that. Then I got robbed by someone I'd flown with for 18 months. By the way, everything he says about EVE is true.

I've actually begun to decommission all of my EVE ventures so I can allow my five EVE accounts to go inactive. I'm trying to save time and money for cosplay.

Next up? This guy!

ETC: NYCC 2016
Saltpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 01:37 AM   #6049
MaiCosplay

Im playing tales of solaris and I am ninja.. but the skillset only 7 attacks. Ugh. If only there was more than 30 I'd be happy. I miss PockieNINJA!! They should rename to PockieAnime just my preference since their pirates, ninja and samurai :3. I cant play wii games to an extent thanks to jagged controller buttons. -_- I would be delivering uber pawnage !

Last edited by MaiCosplay : 05-29-2014 at 11:13 AM.
MaiCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 01:47 AM   #6050
trivial_jenni

Playing

I'm currently playing Zelda's Twilight Princess, I'm stuck in the water temple because I keep getting a headache on this map!
trivial_jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 06:15 AM   #6051
Saltpeter
DANGER: Talks too much

If it didn't give you a headache, it wouldn't be a proper water temple.

Next up? This guy!

ETC: NYCC 2016
Saltpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 10:56 AM   #6052
VulsaviiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I'd buy that, but it was playable at a PAX prime a few years ago, and I think Korea is getting a version win English. Which yo, what the dicks SEGA.

Gamewise, it's been Transistor, Hearthstone, LoL & Super Metroid on the WiiU, because Super Metroid is the BEST
I find it odd that Japan gets something on PC Localized before Korea full stop. My understanding is that PC gaming is to Japan what console gaming is to Korea, a niche market. The flipside of that coin is that Korean localization sound freaking awesome (Play a Blizzard game with Korean audio, sounds awesome)

Last edited by VulsaviiK : 06-01-2014 at 04:34 AM.
Unread 05-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #6053
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

Months later, still playing Fallout NV. I am the worst gamer ever. That said, I finished another DLC (Lonesome Road), so progress is being made, now I just have to actually get into Old World Blues, finish it, and break the disc in half so I'll actually play something else (just kidding, I could never hurt my Falloutz). Oh, and I'm starting to thing I really really need to do a Best Friend Tabitha cosplay just because.

The list of stuff I'm actually supposed to be playing is mounting, but I think I'll do Burial at Sea part 2, followed by the headhunter packs I haven't played yet for Borderlands 2. If I don't get irreversibly drawn into either of those, I'll finish Batman: AA, then AC, and AO.

Quote:
Trying to get Phantasy Star Online 2 installed so I can start playing that with some guys in America I've been talking to. Apparently trying to make a Sega account when you can only read/write english is the fun part, and by fun, I mean, well, not fun
WAAAAANT! I loved PSO so much, my sisters and I spent countless hours grinding our characters, swapping gear, and generally running around having too much fun. Heck, I still listen to the soundtrack as one of my go-to background muzaks when I don't want anything too distracting on. If it ever does become readily available in North America, let me know :P

Quote:
COUNTER POINT: MACHO MAN DRAGONS!
My sisters played me a video, and I nearly pissed myself laughing. So. Freaking. Ridiculous!

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2014, 04:33 AM   #6054
VulsaviiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCrankypants View Post
WAAAAANT! I loved PSO so much, my sisters and I spent countless hours grinding our characters, swapping gear, and generally running around having too much fun. Heck, I still listen to the soundtrack as one of my go-to background muzaks when I don't want anything too distracting on. If it ever does become readily available in North America, let me know
I'll find the site that shows how to install it and make an account. I've got the English patches downloaded, but I still need to download the patch for the main game. Downloading shit is hard when you live with people and it kills the net for everyone
Unread 06-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #6055
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I'll find the site that shows how to install it and make an account. I've got the English patches downloaded, but I still need to download the patch for the main game. Downloading shit is hard when you live with people and it kills the net for everyone
YES GOOD!

Acquired the 8th Mario Kart. Tis fun! So I got that, Marvel Heroes and LoL to play for this week before getting back to Transistor and The Wolf Among Us. Good times for the videya.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 06-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #6056
VulsaviiK

Quote:
Acquired the 8th Mario Kart. Tis fun! So I got that, Marvel Heroes and LoL to play for this week before getting back to Transistor and The Wolf Among Us. Good times for the videya.
I've been thinking about transferring my Lol account back to NA to play with some peeps I used to play with, I'll let you know if I do it and we should play sometime

I was playing some Skyrim last night, still playing Starcraft of course, and I finally got my Watch Dogs key

Last edited by VulsaviiK : 06-03-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Unread 06-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #6057
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I've been thinking about transferring my Lol account back to NA to play with some peeps I used to play with, I'll let you know if I do it and we should play sometime
No doubt. I'm still doing Vs. Bots matches, but I'm down for actual PVP if I'm teaming w/ ppl I know.

Unread 06-06-2014, 07:56 AM   #6058
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

TOMB RAIDER ALL DAY EVERY DAY

...except not because my husband wants to see it, so I only play the story when he's home. This is rough, because his work is very busy right now. He's working around 10-12+ hour days every day. If I wanna play when he's not home, I work on collectibles, optional tombs, etc. Sooo.. I have 100% everywhere so far, haha.

Took a break from Lightning Returns and Batman: Arkham Origins. Keep taking short breaks from Bravely Default. I like it a lot, but I have to be in the right mood for it.
Unread 06-09-2014, 06:59 AM   #6059
Tiara

Wildstar.
Tiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #6060
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

-Unlocked all racers/tracks in Mario Kart 8, plus messing around with the online stuff.
-Finally managed to connect to Club Nintendo, which means I managed to snag my free copy of Pikmin 3 as well.
-Borrowing my friend's copy of Wolfenstein for the PS3. The number of RATZIS stabbed has been impressive.