Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Unread 04-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #5386
rajamitsu

By Halloween, are you talking about the pirate one or the one with the lantern? Either one would be amazing, really.
rajamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #5387
Lgrthm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamitsu View Post
By Halloween, are you talking about the pirate one or the one with the lantern? Either one would be amazing, really.
I intended the one with the lantern, but I forgot about his pirate one- I quite like that one, also. And I don't believe I've seen a pirate Ciel cosplay before. Such tough decisions..D:.
Lgrthm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #5388
Shana05
Survivor

I've finally decided I'm going to do Wonderland Ciel. I was debating on whether to do Ciel or Alois. I found a tutorial on how to make a top hat out of duct tape. I'm going to make the Union Jack hat.

Anime Nebraskon: Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - fem!Newt Scamander (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them) - fem!Sesshomaru (InuYasha) - Viktor Nikiforov [track suit] (Yuri!!! On Ice)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #5390
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

My best friend actually has the first one you linked for her Ciel costume. It's really nice in person. A good mix of blues and grays to give it some dimension and it's extremely soft.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #5391
heaven_firings

I was thinking I like the first one most too. The second looks too gray and the third looks more like it has highlights but would be my second choice.

I prefer his hair having a more blue hue because the it seems impractical for a little boy to have a full head of grey hair, I don't care how much crap he went through.
Street Vigilante Red Hood
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 01:43 AM   #5392
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven_firings View Post
I was thinking I like the first one most too. The second looks too gray and the third looks more like it has highlights but would be my second choice.

I prefer his hair having a more blue hue because the it seems impractical for a little boy to have a full head of grey hair, I don't care how much crap he went through.
I agree. I like Ciel to have a little blue in his hair myself. Kinda ties into the whole "ciel" as his name thing since that's the sky...
Unread 04-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #5393
Lgrthm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
I agree. I like Ciel to have a little blue in his hair myself. Kinda ties into the whole "ciel" as his name thing since that's the sky...
I didn't really think of that; you both have a good point. I'll definitely go with a more blue-tinted wig.
In your friend's picture, Mehdia, it doesn't look to be so, but in the ebay picture the color appears rather bright- that's why I'm a bit hesitant about it. I think it is probably the one I will choose, though, especially with your recommendation. Either that one or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Butler...em3c c524c80c

This looks like a somewhat neutral dark blue-gray, but I can't find any other images/ cosplayers who wear it, so perhaps I should go with cosplaywig's ciel wig.

Gah, Ciel. Why must your hair be so contradictory? xD
Lgrthm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #5394
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

There's a good deal of blue in that wig, just sometimes the light catches the gray more. You can see the wig in various lighting on my friend in the same gallery the picture I linked was from as well as my Kuroshitsuji gallery. A commission I did for Ciel the guy bought the same wig as my friend, and it looked great on him too. It's a really nice wig and I suggest getting it.
Unread 04-29-2012, 01:33 AM   #5395
hardestofhearts

First time cosplaying. What's a good fabric for Ciel's dress?
hardestofhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 01:45 AM   #5396
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardestofhearts View Post
First time cosplaying. What's a good fabric for Ciel's dress?
I've seen that dress so much it makes my eyes wanna bleed (honestly...I hate the dress but that's a moot point on this). But I think the best fabrics would be some nice weight cottons, maybe a sateen, or a dull satin. Nothing too shiny, but don't go with anything to rough. This is one costume that satin actually wouldn't be bad on.
Unread 04-29-2012, 04:22 AM   #5397
usuyukisou

I have the dress. It looks very nice. The seller says it's made of "罗尔呢" or "thickiy ronior", but I haven't any clue what that is, unfortunately.

I put the Chinese characters in and did a Google search that led me to:
http://zhidao.baidu.com/question/192197698.html

I Google translated it, which got me as far as "thickiy ronior" is the correct translation. Googling "thickiy ronior" confirms that it's a fabric.
usuyukisou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #5398
HetChrome
Achoo.

Thinking about putting together a Circus!Alois and/or Snake's circus outfit. (I love the Circus arc so much those clothes arngfff)
I could stare at Toboso's clothing designs in the whole manga forever, I swear.

Kagamine Len (Punkish) - 90%
Kagamine Len (Prince) - 10%
Kagamine Len (Alice Human Sacrifice Revamp) - 60%
Alois Trancy (Gothic Revamp) - 40%
Rainbow Dash (Genderbent) - 75%
Kuroko Tetsuya (Seirin) - 100%
HetChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #5399
hardestofhearts

Thank you Mehdia and usuyukisou. Satin seems much easier to find than thickiy ronior. I've seen the dress a lot too but not tired of it. Ciel looks AMAZING in the dress~
hardestofhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #5400
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardestofhearts View Post
Thank you Mehdia and usuyukisou. Satin seems much easier to find than thickiy ronior. I've seen the dress a lot too but not tired of it. Ciel looks AMAZING in the dress~
No problem. I've just become jaded towards the dress. I never cared for it much in the manga to begin with, but I liked it even less when I see EVERY Ciel cosplayer wearing it just about. He has outfits that I think are so much better...and really, Ciel just isn't girlie enough to me to constantly see the dress on him. It's a matter of personal preference for sure, I just NEVER cared for the dress at all. But I do wish you luck on making it. It will be quite the undertaking since so much is going on with that dress.