Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 01-07-2017, 11:41 PM   #1
boofy
Kakashi.Shishio

Exclamation BISHOUNENCON: Looking for guys interested in being Bishounen

Bishounencon is a new convention by the YaoiCon management for the east coast. It will be held in Rhode Island on March 3-5. Like YaoiCon, this convention is targeted toward yaoi and, more broadly, the LBGT community of cosplayers. We are looking for a few sexy (male) cosplayers to join our YaoiCon bishounen as they entertain the convention guests in the main events (host club, masquerade/drag show, and strip bingo). If you think you might be interested in joining our crew of performers, please fill out a bishounen application on the website or contact me directly.
www.bishounencon.com
<3
Kakashi Shishio (Facebook)

(Kakashi Shishio of FB)
(Bishounen Kakashi FB)
(Kakashi-Shishio on DA)
boofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-08-2017, 10:05 PM   #2
belligerent
Viking Metal

if this new con is supposedly geared toward the LGBT (i am assuming the + is implied) community, when yaoicon has never really stated it has been geared toward them as far as i'm aware, does that mean there will be less fetishization of m/m relationships by the con or will this be presented as essentially the same for-profit* spankfest for straight women that the original flavor currently is?

if this is different, how is it different?

(*What does DMP do with the auction profits, anyway? Have they ever disclosed that? IIRC it used to go to charity before the con was bought out but I'm not sure what they do with it now. These are hard questions, and you probably don't want to answer them/aren't in a position to answer them, so I apologize...but me commenting on your thread will increase the number of views it gets, probably, so i suppose take the good with the bad.)
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2017, 11:54 PM   #3
boofy
Kakashi.Shishio

Hey Belligerent. Thanks for asking. YaoiCon has been specifically geared toward the yaoi community. DMI plans to make this a little different. You can read about it on the bishounencon.com website. Essentially, it's supposed to be little classier for starters. No spanking inferno and no bishie auction. They have been replaced with a host club, a formal masquerade dance, and a drag show. Strip Bingo remains common to both conventions, so there's still a little decadence. Bishounen are meant to be male characters, but our ranks are open to anyone that identifies as male and is willing to cosplay as a male character. The panels are open to any LBGT+ content that gets approved.

As for con profits...I can't say exactly as to how they are spent. It's my understanding that each year's profits go back into their fund for the next year's convention.

(Kakashi Shishio of FB)
(Bishounen Kakashi FB)
(Kakashi-Shishio on DA)
boofy is offline   Reply With Quote