Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 10-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

Site Update Suggestions?

I'm not sure if this is the right place for a thread like this, but I think it would be super cool if this website could get a bit of a makeover.

Some things I'd like to see are:
  • An option to filter search results by series/genre/character
  • A more streamlined photo upload system that automatically resizes photos
  • A new site design (the white/grey/lilac color scheme is very dated)
  • Organizing the con forums by country, then having subforums by state/province, and then having more subforums for the "big cons" (like the ones that currently have their own forums) and letting people post thread topics for smaller cons. Rather than putting just some of the US and Canada forums up, and then having that general "Others" forum.
  • A regularly updated drop-down list of series when creating a costume (this used to exist, not sure what happened to it)
  • In-site notifications when others reply to your posts or threads.
  • A more streamlined marketplace (there are too many buttons, especially within the ads. It's cluttered and confusing)
  • Chatrooms! Like deviantArt has. I'm not sure how well something like this would work, and they would need to be moderated, but it might be fun.
  • An area to show off and share CMVs (cosplay music videos)
  • Regularly updated showcase costumes/photos (seriously, they've been the same forEVER)

In Progress Cosplays
Override Satsuki (Kill la Kill) | Episode 24 Credits Satsuki (Kill la Kill) | Zuko (Avatar) | Human Luna (Sailor Moon)

Anime Weekend Atlanta
Mako Mankanshoku (PJs) | Satsuki Kiryuin (Override) | Satsuki Kiryuin (Credits) | Bertholdt Fubar
Geek Media Expo
Mami Tomoe | Ymir | Bertholdt Fubar | Sonia Nevermind | Satsuki Kiryuin (Override) | Zuko
Shadocon
Ymir | Bertholdt Fubar | Rei Ryugazaki

Last edited by schmemy : 10-23-2013 at 04:00 PM.
schmemy is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

We'll get all that and more once we get a site admin that actually cares. As far as I can tell, this site has been "as is" for years and will probably stay half done until it withers and dies out. I posted a huge thread a while back about all the bugs and upgrades that needed to be addressed, but as far as I can tell, it was deleted.

Shocking...

(not really shocking)
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

There are so many little things that have needed fixing for a few years now. There have been two "updates" since then, but those little things still have not been fixed...

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
xKiYoMiNaTiONx

Looks like they haven't cared since May when they last updated the front page -_-... A lot of bugs are popping up, and they are so irritating! It's not like I can pop out a can of bug spray. I hope a site admin sees this topic!
Unread 11-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. This thread is more like, if the current admins ever sell the site and someone who cares at all starts managing. I'm going to make a guess and say that a lot of people might start migrating to either ACP (if they haven't already) or that new website that's still in beta, cospix.net.

In Progress Cosplays
Override Satsuki (Kill la Kill) | Episode 24 Credits Satsuki (Kill la Kill) | Zuko (Avatar) | Human Luna (Sailor Moon)

Anime Weekend Atlanta
Mako Mankanshoku (PJs) | Satsuki Kiryuin (Override) | Satsuki Kiryuin (Credits) | Bertholdt Fubar
Geek Media Expo
Mami Tomoe | Ymir | Bertholdt Fubar | Sonia Nevermind | Satsuki Kiryuin (Override) | Zuko
Shadocon
Ymir | Bertholdt Fubar | Rei Ryugazaki
schmemy is online now   Reply With Quote