Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 08-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
Chrono180

Scammed by comissioner? Please advise.

Ok, so I ordered a few wigs and a complete cosplay from a comissioner on facebook back in October. The full cosplay was eventually delivered, however I have yet to recieve the wigs. I had also ordered a second cosplay after the first was delivered, which was supposed to have been shipped in June.

She has been unwilling to respond to my messages. I have been attempting to contact her through mutual friends with some success, and she has stated my cosplay is ready to ship, however she has yet to do so, or provide any evidence the cosplay was even completed.

What should I do in this kind of situation?

Last edited by Chrono180 : 08-05-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Chrono180 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Did you use PayPal or a credit card to pay for those items? If PayPal dispute a case but Paypal has a 45 day limit on that. If that don't help escalate to a claim. With a credit card call your bank and let them know about that certain transaction. Not sure what else to do credit card wise as I never pay with one. I was scammed too but sadly it was past the 45 days so can't do much about it. If you feel like civil or criminal charges are needed contact your local police and file a report here too http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)

Last edited by Rangiku12 : 08-05-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Red Wraith

I am actually in the process of hiring a lawyer for my own ripoff experience. I know a lot of cosplayers are "younger" and do not necessarily have the funds to do this. I am significantly older than the average cosplayer so I am able and willing to go this route. I think a lot of commissioners know this and are not too worried when someone complains because they think "Oh, well. One customer lost...moving on." Unfortunately, a lot of creative people do not have a head for business. If you cannot manage the "business" part, then hire an office manager...some day, they will end up dealing with a person like me that will make sure they do not repeat their mistake on anyone else.
Red Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #4
Amaya
Ovarian Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wraith View Post
I am actually in the process of hiring a lawyer for my own ripoff experience. I know a lot of cosplayers are "younger" and do not necessarily have the funds to do this. I am significantly older than the average cosplayer so I am able and willing to go this route. I think a lot of commissioners know this and are not too worried when someone complains because they think "Oh, well. One customer lost...moving on." Unfortunately, a lot of creative people do not have a head for business. If you cannot manage the "business" part, then hire an office manager...some day, they will end up dealing with a person like me that will make sure they do not repeat their mistake on anyone else.
Just wanted to say good for you!!! I really wish I had taken this route when I was scammed quite a few years back, but I didn't have the money nor did I really want to deal with a lawsuit. I'm really happy though you are actually going through with it. Some of these commissioners really need a reality check!

Please check out my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/nightraincosplay

Ohayocon 2015

Asuka Plugsuit (Evangelion 3.33)- 100%
Goddess Purple Heart (Hyperdimention Neptunia)- 70%
Baby Doll (Sucker Punch)- 90%
Poison Ivy (Batman)- 0%
Ashe the Frost Archer (League of Legends)- 90%
Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
Soul_Siren
Magic is Golden

Quote:
Word.
I hope your situation is resolved as quickly as possible.

Last edited by Soul_Siren : 08-08-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Soul_Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #6
Soul_Siren
Magic is Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangiku12 View Post
If you feel like civil or criminal charges are needed contact your local police and file a report here too http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx
Exactly. I am hoping with all of my heart I will not have to take this step as I am in a difficult commission situation myself. However, I am happy to see the word get out there that if a bad situation arises, a person can take steps to rectify things.
Soul_Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 02:59 AM   #7
Shadowken

Quote:
That sounds like a good idea. There are two lawyer's that work at the shop im in. They are use to things like this in our business. I can ask them to help me out once the commissioner fails to keep her word in two weeks. She's pretty much three months late.
Shadowken is offline   Reply With Quote