Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Historical Costuming

Unread 11-15-2014, 12:28 PM   #16
builder396
Fresh Trans

By the way, I hope nobody decapitates me for bumping this, but im satill searching for tips on two things. First the surface material im gonna use, although im reasonably set on using something like worbla.

The other thing would be the main gun.
Im still not entirely certain on what kind of system to use to "fire" it. The non-con version may use simple firecrackers, since those are easy to come by and reasonably safe to detonate, and should deliver enough sound and visual effect. Obviously I cant take that to a con since pyrotechnics are forbidden.

Now, I had a few other ideas, that would be for cons.
One would be a system with pressurized gas, maybe something like a CO2 fire extinguisher, that could deliver at least a bit of smoke, ive seen dalek costumes on cons using that for example.
Another idea would be to use basically plush dummy shells i could throw through the barrel. Range would be severely limited, but it wouldnt be very dangerous and have some fun value too.

Im still open for more ideas on either point.
Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid) at Cosday 2015 and Gamescom 2015

In Progress:

Maybes:
Eucliwood Hellscythe (Kore wa Zombie desu ka?)
Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
Pzkpfw. VIII Maus (Its a TANK, its not from an anime, unless you mean Girls und Panzer)
Papi (Monster Musume)
builder396 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #17
thompa

Awesome idea, would you be wearing a uniform when in/wearing the tank?
Unread 11-16-2014, 03:39 AM   #18
Marthony

I was planning on building some manner of effect for Megatron's cannon but ran out of time for Halloween; the idea was to set a pair of 3AAA powered computer speakers into each end of the cannon & run them off a programmed greeting card, with the button wired into my hand.

With no pyro options, you could consider fan-pushed streamers out the barrel plus lights. All 3 effects timed together could do the trick? (I picture the streamers being fixed within the barrel, to be sucked back right after each firing)
Marthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2014, 06:35 AM   #19
builder396
Fresh Trans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompa View Post
Awesome idea, would you be wearing a uniform when in/wearing the tank?
Not sure yet, but if i would probably wear the oarai school uniform and crossplay as sodoko.

Other than that the speaker idea is good, it crossed my mind aswell. I dont have such speakers lying around, but i have a friend who would have such speakers and who would let me borrow them. Still, not too big a fan of the streamer idea. Fire extinguisher (or similar) idea still sounds better for generating the smoke.
Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid) at Cosday 2015 and Gamescom 2015

In Progress:

Maybes:
Eucliwood Hellscythe (Kore wa Zombie desu ka?)
Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
Pzkpfw. VIII Maus (Its a TANK, its not from an anime, unless you mean Girls und Panzer)
Papi (Monster Musume)
builder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2016, 12:11 AM   #20
Amethyst Nat

Omg!! this is perfect! I have been planning to cosplay Anchovy from "Girls Und Panzer' and I want to make a prop tank for it, so have been hoping to find a tutorial for it, and now here we go! ^^
Amethyst Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2016, 06:42 PM   #21
Frack1337

I am a history buff. And this is literally the best thing ever conceived. If I saw any tank, especially one I recognized, my brain would explode in pure joy lol. Only thing I have a question about is how are you going to talk to people. Maybe some kind of robot voice, or the voice of a crew member? I'd suggest you watch the Battlefield 1 gameplay where they are in a mk. V I believe and get some ideas off that.
Frack1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2016, 07:31 PM   #22
DanArt

Okay simple solution.

1. You could go compact and by that think "Metal Slug" or "Dominion Tank Police" tanks. Then design around that.

2. You could be like the famous Box-transformer ( Gundam was it ) cos-player. It was soo famous it even has a following and or comic, next to that fan girl with cat and dog armor.

2a. Another cosplayer did a transformer that could also change into a fully usable car. It was cardboard ( mostly brown ). I forget if it won a special prize or 1st place. It is featured in "Play" magazine.

So in general you could

1. Go mini tanky
2. Go cardboard
3. Go Transformer.

Building materials should not be any problems at all. Another thing you could also do if you feel it might be too heavy ( as with real tanks ) is have a second person in the costume with you in military garment. So both people are in military garb while the moving process could be easier.

It could be a reinvention of the two maned donkey/horse costume????
DanArt is offline   Reply With Quote