Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 08-23-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
SteffiKat3000

Question Moi Meme Moite help

i'm interested in recreating this Moi Meme Moite dress from the first volume of GLB.

http://www.avantgauche.co.uk/glb1/7.jpg

my problem is that the dress is shown from the side, and is also blocked by the purse mana is holding. i was hoping that someone had other photos of this dress. thanks in advance for the help. ^_^
SteffiKat3000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-24-2006, 12:51 AM   #2
DeathOfSoul
Epic Mustache

I'm not sure if there actually is any other pix of that dress <.< (I've never seen any at least)

Tumblr

(Wow what a bad SN. I made it up several years ago and thought it sounded cool. |D Oops.)
DeathOfSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2006, 02:40 AM   #3
Kiss

I dont think there are any other pictures of that dress, unless someone saved more pictures from the Moi meme Moite site. But I think its a pretty simple set.
Kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2006, 04:57 AM   #4
Laurelin
mew!

It shouldn't be too difficult to recreate anyway, you get the basic idea from that view. You should be able to find a pattern for a jacket to modify a little, and the skirt is pretty basic: double layer with ruffles and a petticoat. I'd guess that underneath the jacket is a basic black blouse.

http://laurelin77.deviantart.com/

http://www.laurelin.co.uk
Laurelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2006, 08:28 AM   #5
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Oh yeah, that won't be too difficult. Follow the lines you already see and infer from there what the rest of it is. I agree with Laurelin that it's probably a simple black blouse under the jacket (with a satin ribbon bow at the neck). The fabric will probably be expensive, though-- you want a decent quality velvet for that, not anything too shiny and definitely nothing stretch or panne. I think that would also look cute in red microsuede, personally, but would be slightly less lolita in that case.

--PD
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2006, 02:26 PM   #6
angelic_baby

yes is a beautiful dress
angelic_baby is offline   Reply With Quote