Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #61187
sam vimes
A real live wire

I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #61188
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Traditionally much harder...why, because of superstition? That's stupid. Humans are stupid.
I don't think that's entirely to blame. This article speculates it might be because they're harder to photograph. That seems kind of unlikely, too. I've also heard it's because they're perceived as "too common", or that blackness has a negative connotation so people seek out lighter-colored animals. I dunno. I find light-colored cats aesthetically appealing, but I've had them in all colors and I've loved them all, including Truffles II whose fur color was irrelevant because she was mostly scabs, so it really is the Inner Pussy that counts.

If that's not in someone's sig by the end of the night I am going to cry right into my Cocoa Pebbles.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #61189
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Funny enough some places in Europe believe that black cats = good luck and prosperity. Far from the 'scary witches with black kitties' image in the states a lady who owned black cats was foretold to have many strapping lads vying for her. Sailors would even chose black cats as a 'ships cat' because of the belief that they bring good luck.

As far as I can tell with the superstition in America it has to do with devout Christian's settling here and bringing with them an intense superstition and fear of anything seen as demonic. The black cat was seen as a familiar to witches and therefore greatly feared.

It is actually documented that black cats, with brown cats in second, are the least adopted in American shelters. I know a few places that won't even adopt out black cats close to Halloween because they've reported people will just use them as a decoration then abandon them. Sort of like when people buy chicks around Easter then when the Holiday is over and the baby chicks lose their appeal they get rid of them :\

As a whole it just seems like 'old world' superstitions sticking around in our culture and making it hard for black cats to get adopted. Nearly every cat I see at the Petco/Petsmart/Whatever it is that's sticking around has been a black one.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #61190
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Oh emmers! She's beautiful! I hope you guys can take her home!
I KNOW RIGHT! She's so silky and pretty. I hope that if we can't adopt her right now that someone else gives her a good forever home. Like we where talking about up there black kitties can have a hard time getting adopted out.

She's so funny too, she'll meow/chirp at you when you walk by. I like chatty cats.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #61191
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Sam- yes. I named cat after Luna from Sailor Moon. And I regret NOTHING. Unfortunately she doesn't talk, at least not in English. She does chirp and click and meow at me a lot, but that's probably because I talked to her a lot when she was a kitten.

My male cat can't meow very well but he gives very pointed stares and will literally pull you where he wants you. (His name is not Sailor Moon themed. His name is Tawny. We thought he was girl...)

I had a lady if my boyfriend had finished his Christmas shopping or was he the wait till christmas eve type. I said my girlfriend had alread finished her shopping, and we were going to be exchanging gifts soon since she's going to the cape with her family.

The lady froze, and had no idea how to respond. It was oddly fun for me.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #61192
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I had a lady if my boyfriend had finished his Christmas shopping or was he the wait till christmas eve type. I said my girlfriend had alread finished her shopping, and we were going to be exchanging gifts soon since she's going to the cape with her family.

The lady froze, and had no idea how to respond. It was oddly fun for me.
Why peeps still be treatin' running into a lesbian as comparable to spotting Bigfoot?

Quote:
Quote:
Especishillly you sam.
Unread 12-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #61193
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Every time I clean my desk and work room, it gets messy in minutes :x
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #61194
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ree: Black cats

I've read about the numerous reasons they're hard to adopt, and on my end, I'd happily own a black cat. The only thing I don't like is the hair, BUT, I wear mostly black and dark colours. A WHITE cat would be impossible. I knew numerous black cats and all of them were very distinct from the other- one we briefly owned was a mean SOB (after he raked his claws down my cheek for no reason when I was playing on the floor, he went back to the shelter), one that a family friend owned hated being picked up but was plenty friendly (and had a dandruff problem), another that belonged to a family friend was generally pretty crabby and had a chronic nose/sinus infection that required you to wipe the cat's nose, and one that my best friend owned was fantastically friendly- and missing an eye. They took him in as a stray shortly after Halloween, and he had a badly injured eye that had to be removed (I suspect that tied in with "get a black cat for decoration and/or "teens who think they're occultists").
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #61195
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I've been trying to teach Little Dude that cats say "meow", but I don't think he believes me because the only thing Ponder ever says is "prehn".
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 12-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #61196
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

This was my first cat and her name was Tarja. She was such a sweet heart and I miss her. I got her at about 3 months old from an ad in the pennysaver.

I had to give her up when I suddenly had to move and no one was able to look after her for a while

Last edited by Mykaios : 12-18-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #61197
sam vimes
A real live wire

Speaking of the cat, I think he is in need of a refill for his water dish.

Quote:
Quote:
Especishillly you sam.
Unread 12-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #61198
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Speaking of the cat, I think he is in need of a refill for his water dish.
That would explain why when I came in he was melodramatically dragging himself across the kitchen floor, wheezing something that sounded suspiciously like agua, agua.
Unread 12-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #61199
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Why peeps still be treatin' running into a lesbian as comparable to spotting Bigfoot?
In Mass no less! I get told a lot that I don't look like a lesbian (because I have longish hair and wear skirts and jewlery and shave my legs) so I guess this lady may have been of the same "all lesbians have short hair and wear ugly flannel. The only flannel I wear is my pajama bottoms thank you.
And I have a pair of flannel shorts I wear under skirts in the winter. But no one sees them.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #61200
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

My kitty Tiger. I miss him so much. I had to leave him with my mom when I got married. Then he ran away a year later.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote