Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 10-08-2015, 03:00 AM   #1
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~
 
SirWonderusMary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,258
Metro-con 2016: What do you plan to cosplay?

It's that time of year again, the time to figure out what cons to go to and what you'll be cosplaying- So, what do you guys plan to do? Are you ready for next year?

My cosplay plans:

-Klaus (Story of Seasons)
-White Joker (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
-Wizard (HM: Animal Parade)
-Madoka Kaname (Madoka Magica)
-Joker (Black Butler)

Note: It does look like a lot, but there might be the chance I don't wear a costume at all. But these are ones I'd like to bring.

Now, what about you guys? What are your cosplay plans?
__________________
Convention List:
-AWA 2018
-Holiday Matsuri 2018
-Mega-con 2019

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2016, 10:14 AM   #2
ilafatyu
That guy
 
ilafatyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,014
I've got a few planned, not really sure of the days yet.

Ren (RWBY)
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap)
Cloud (FFVII Crisis Core)
Zexion (Kingdom Hearts)

Gonna be my first, so I may or may not die of heatstroke. If you see any of the above in bad condition, that's me. Hi.
__________________

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren (Fire Emblem), Fox (RWBY)
Upgrading : Sheik (armor), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2016, 08:02 PM   #3
SayaMitarashi
Mitarashi_Cosplay
 
SayaMitarashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 20
I'll be in artist alley most of the weekend at metrocon, but these are what I planned to bring

Totoro-My Neighbor Totoro
Madam Red-Kuroshitsuji
Asuramaru-Owari no Seraph
Ritsuka Tachibana-Dance with Devils(if it gets done)
__________________
~Saya-chan
SayaMitarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2016, 01:03 AM   #4
hotahmai
potato lord
 
hotahmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 13
I think this year at Metro I will be Harley Quinn ( SS ), Sebastian Michaelis, and either Kylo Ren or General Hux. Can't decide!
__________________
Upcoming cons.
MegaCon 2015: Sebastian Michaelis
MetroCon ( maybe ): TBD.
Anime Festival Orlando: Sebastian Michaelis, Rize Kamishiro, TBD.
Animate Miami ( maybe ): TBD.
hotahmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016, 09:36 PM   #5
Mightyenapup
Registered User
 
Mightyenapup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 105
Debuting Genderbent!Saitama (One Punch Man) and returning probably Ryuko (Kill la Kill)? Not 100% on the second, but definitely Saitama.

I will flip out if I see you as Wizard! He is my ultimate love.
Mightyenapup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016, 10:42 PM   #6
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~
 
SirWonderusMary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyenapup View Post
Debuting Genderbent!Saitama (One Punch Man) and returning probably Ryuko (Kill la Kill)? Not 100% on the second, but definitely Saitama.

I will flip out if I see you as Wizard! He is my ultimate love.
D: Sadly, I'll be putting him on hold. I'm hoping though to put together some type of Harvest Moon shoot so maybe someone will cosplay him. I remember seeing pictures of someone's Chase and Julius and being so jealous! Crossing my fingers that I'll really get to be Klaus though!
__________________
Convention List:
-AWA 2018
-Holiday Matsuri 2018
-Mega-con 2019

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016, 10:48 PM   #7
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~
 
SirWonderusMary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,258
Updated cosplay plans:
-White Joker (Alice in the country of hearts)
-Madoka Kaname (Madoka Magica)
-Loftwing (Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
-Klaus (Story of Seasons)
-Kakashi Hatake (Gaiden Version)
-Obi (Snow white with the Red Hair) (Maybe)
SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2016, 06:27 PM   #8
AinsleyC
Registered User
 
AinsleyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 5
The only cosplays I have planned are Carlos the Scientist from Welcome to Night Vale. I have two versions - casual and formal. Really hoping I can find some other Night Valiens since this will be my first time cosplaying and first convention!

I wish I could put something else together but I'm short on skills and ideas...
AinsleyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2016, 09:26 PM   #9
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~
 
SirWonderusMary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by AinsleyC View Post
The only cosplays I have planned are Carlos the Scientist from Welcome to Night Vale. I have two versions - casual and formal. Really hoping I can find some other Night Valiens since this will be my first time cosplaying and first convention!

I wish I could put something else together but I'm short on skills and ideas...
I hope you'll enjoy your first convention! I promise that it's going to be a fun experience! Don't stress about not being able to cosplay more than 1-2 characters. You don't need to cosplay to enjoy the experience. ^^ I've cosplayed as Cecil over in Metro and I can say you'll definitely find someone who knows it or is cosplaying from it. Jack and Kelly might have a panel for it, so definitely head there and you're bound to find many cosplayers from it if they host a panel this year for it.

Here is my Cecil: https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10568987_788158474562748_5054642218325797274_n.png ?oh=1c674c8a93b97a64442feb410fb31291&oe=577F877E
__________________
Convention List:
-AWA 2018
-Holiday Matsuri 2018
-Mega-con 2019

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2016, 09:42 PM   #10
AinsleyC
Registered User
 
AinsleyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWonderusMary View Post
I hope you'll enjoy your first convention! I promise that it's going to be a fun experience! Don't stress about not being able to cosplay more than 1-2 characters. You don't need to cosplay to enjoy the experience. ^^ I've cosplayed as Cecil over in Metro and I can say you'll definitely find someone who knows it or is cosplaying from it. Jack and Kelly might have a panel for it, so definitely head there and you're bound to find many cosplayers from it if they host a panel this year for it.

Here is my Cecil: https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10568987_788158474562748_5054642218325797274_n.png ?oh=1c674c8a93b97a64442feb410fb31291&oe=577F877E
Thank you for that, I really appreciate it. I love Parle Productions, so will definitely be at those panels! They are actually the ones who introduced me to WTNV, although I think I've since passed Jack and Kelly up on the episodes.

Aw, nice Cecil! Love the cat ears.
AinsleyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2016, 06:52 PM   #11
LlGHTZ
Registered User
 
LlGHTZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 6
I plan on being Penny from RWBY at this year's Metrocon. It's my only functional cosplay as of right now. My other 3 are all broken and need new pieces. >-<
__________________
Current Cosplays:
Penny Polendina - RWBY

Next Cosplays:
Fetch Walker - Infamous: Second Son
LlGHTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2016, 09:08 PM   #12
Tongithy
Registered User
 
Tongithy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 18
I'm working on Juane from RWBY. If I can figure out armor I'm thinking of Asgore from undertale too.
Tongithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2016, 03:14 PM   #13
LlGHTZ
Registered User
 
LlGHTZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongithy View Post
I'm working on Juane from RWBY. If I can figure out armor I'm thinking of Asgore from undertale too.
Ooooo What are you planning on making the armour out of?
__________________
Current Cosplays:
Penny Polendina - RWBY

Next Cosplays:
Fetch Walker - Infamous: Second Son
LlGHTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2016, 10:08 PM   #14
Tongithy
Registered User
 
Tongithy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by LlGHTZ View Post
Ooooo What are you planning on making the armour out of?
With Juane I'm using craft foam and Worbla. Not sure how I will paint it yet. I'm figuring it out as I go lol. I also bought a Wonderflex sheet to experiment. Thermoplastics

Juane's my test case, if that goes well I'll likely make Asgore with the same materials.

Do you have any preferred armor materials?
Tongithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2016, 04:35 PM   #15
ilafatyu
That guy
 
ilafatyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,014
Yeahhhh RWBY people.

I've never made armor from anything but foam, so good luck to ya.
__________________

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren (Fire Emblem), Fox (RWBY)
Upgrading : Sheik (armor), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.


Copyright 2002-2018 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.