Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 09-24-2006, 08:57 PM   #1
cookiesandmilk

EGL for dolls?

hey, my name is alec and im 13 years old (pretty young, i know)

i am a guy, but when i was four, i umm... played with dolls, i still have them, but i dont PLAY with them, i make costums and dresses and stuff for them.

but my first question is: i have seen dolls with an anime styled face (big eyes, pointy face and nose, pale-ish skin) and i want to know if there is a place to make them ot buy them?

my second question is, can anyone give me any pointers on to make gothic lolita dresses for them? and maybe get some nice accessories (or make them) like head peices, ribbons, or top hats?

thanks for reading!
cookiesandmilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-24-2006, 10:03 PM   #2
Insane-Chan
Zensoku Zenshin!

You've most likely seen what is commonly known as a, "Dollfie." And no worries, these dolls are widely popular with anime fans, including guys so its not recognized as strange by dollfie collectors to see a guy with them. As far as getting more info on them, you should definetely check out the site:

http://www.denofangels.com

Its proprieter will give you all the info, links, and pics you need. A tad bit of a warning though-These dolls are not cheap. They will cost you an arm and a leg. But after staring into their faces and seeing those glossy eyes, you will find no problem letting go of any limbs for one! Best of luck! ^-^

Next Cosplays:
Hatsune Miku-Rolling Girl Ver.
Mana-Yugioh!

Embarrassment is Futile
Fear Nothing
Insane-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2006, 10:10 PM   #3
cookiesandmilk

oh wow, thanks for the link, i am still looking at which one to buy (not one from alchemic lab, since i do not know japanese) and i saw some pictures before and after, now i want to know, how do they make hte dolls look like they have lip gloss on? and how can i do curls when a hot iron will melt the hair?
Unread 09-24-2006, 10:14 PM   #4
cookiesandmilk

ok, in the link all of the shops are in japanese, or it is too har to find them, any other links?
Unread 09-25-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Two of the big names in BJD (ball-jointed dolls, the style of doll you're probably thinking of) are Volks Dollfies and Luts Delf. The sites I linked you to are in English, since I can't read Japanese either. At least you can browse the galleries.

Just so you know, the dolls are not "Elegant Gothic Lolita" or anything like that. Although they do sell wardrobes for the dolls, many doll owners make their own clothes.

The makeup you see is generally also custom-painted, either done by the doll's owner or by a professional artist who's been commissioned. The dolls wear wigs which can be swapped out (along with many other body parts including eyes, hands, and feet) to customize further. Their wigs can be styled, and the rules there are the same as a full-sized wig you or I would wear, only smaller (obviously). If you're serious about owning a BJD, join the Den of Angels forums and see what you can find out there. Those are the people who really specialize in it.

--Penny
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 04:52 PM   #6
cookiesandmilk

thanks for the info, i ordered some obitsu dollfie stuff off of ebay, i spent not that much at all, but i will see if i got the right stuff when it comes

i'm still looking for a good wig though. do you know where i can find some good wigs for a 27 inch 1/6 scale obitsu dollfie?