Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums > Commissions for Hire

Unread 01-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
shinaiko

5+ yr experienced |Cosplayer & Costume Designer

PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH. I am having to many people not reading all the way through and do not provide the required information to get a quote from me or are contact me through here. Again please read the require steps to get in touch with me. THANK YOU
______________________________ABOUT ME_____________________________
Hoping, I could be considered to be your costume commissioner. On my belt ,there is 5 + years experience as a cosplayer and freelance costume designer. In addition, I currently go to a private design school for fashion design to better my techniques and to learn more about the industry's way of doing things. My goal is to provide the outmost best cosplay costumes out there in today's market. The costumes that are asked to be made by me are very well constructed to each clients measurements and are durable ( can be worn multiple times). Unlike what you find online, you can't choose what fabric that is used or explain what the steps are to make the end garment. It is my goal to be as open as possible with my clients to provide as much information that I can so each client feel confident and comfortable with my work. I am also a fellow cosplayer and know how important it is for your costume to look GREAT & PROFESSIONAL. My clients are kept up to date with their costumes as they are being constructed and are able to request the fabrics that they wish to use. I provide alternatives if their is a fabric that is to expensive or the reverse. If they are requesting something that is very high quality I will provide the best options out there. I am very knowledge about downtown fabric district and have many stores to choose from to get the best prices! As well as stores that have buckles, buttons, jewels, beads, etc. ( My favorite fabrics to use: polyester, poplin, cotton, cotton-blends, pleather, silk, and linen)! As for sewing equipment, I own an industrial machine ( Juki DDL-800N), overlock machine ( White speedy lock 1600) and home machine ( Singer 4220). ** ONE DAY I WILL OWN A BUTTON MACHINE ( *^*)/

_____________________KEEPING CLIENTS UPDATED______________________
Here is what I mean by keeping up to date with my clients, I have my website, but I also have my blog where I upload photos of the progress of their costumes. In addition a Facebook page and my professional " personal" Facebook where I also upload photos of my schooling, everyday life, and additional progress photos that I do not put on the blog due to space ~

My Website: http://shinaiko.wix.com/shinaikoseamstress
My Blog: http://nintai-crown.tumblr.com/
Facebook Business Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shinai...1911642?ref=hl
Personal Professional Page ( ADD ME!) http://www.facebook.com/shinaiko.seamstress
QUOTE BREAKDOWN: My pricing is depending on each project breaking it down with fabric cost, material cost, shipping and most importantly production cost.

**************IMPORTANT UNDERSTANDING**********************
All costumes garments have a minimum $150 charge for production due to demand and time restriction purposes.

All prop request have a minimum of $50.00 charge for production due to demand and time restriction purposes.

Wig requests have a minimum of $30.00 for cutting and styling cost.

Shoe requests have a minimum of $50.00 charge for modification and alteration cost for seamless shoe covers.

*NOTE, I do no provide wigs or shoes. If you would like wigs to be styled or have boot covers made, I can add the amount to the invoice for the wig or shoe of your choice and work on them.

Based on the complexity of each project, production cost will vary.

SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY​​
Please look at my website for further breakdown of methods used on props and shoes.

If you were to break it down by $8 per hour by $100.00 = 12.5 hours to work on a commission. Ideally it would take a week to work on a whole garment which is including the trip/s down to the store to get materials.
*I am mainly breaking it down to whoever is not familiar or does not understand what it takes for an individual person to put in *labor wise and what they realistically get back in return.*
Everything is precisely picked out for each costume and for each individual specifications.I will always collaborate throughly with each client on what they want and even provide alternatives to fabrics or materials if they are on a lower budget. I make each individual garment from scratch ( drafting out pattern pieces on paper) to fit your measurements that you provide to me. The most important is based on the fabric and the quality in which you are comfortable on purchasing and how durable you want the fabric to be. Also, there is the cost of materials such as buttons, trim, bias tape, zippers, threads, and so on which is also included in the quote. I also try my best to give updates on the progress that is being made with each garment.
*NOTE* I can get basic solid color fabrics at wholesale prices ( polyester, poplin, cotton,chiffon, sateen, knit jersey, and etc. I can not get materials like spandex, nylon, linen, swimsuit, pattern, printed fabrics for wholesale.

*******************CONTACT ME BY THE FOLLOWING **********************

shinaikocosplay@gmail.com or message on my wix site*

**********REQUIREMENTS TO RECEIVE A QUOTE/ESTIMATION BY ME****************
Your basic measurements [ Height, Shoulder to Shoulder, Chest, Waist, Hip, In Seam ( crotch to ankle), Outer seam ( Hip to Ankle) ]
Name of character and series.
Please provide as many reference photos as possible.*
Request which pieces specifically you would like made.*
What is your deadline date? ( 00/00/2013) [ Please Give 4-6 Weeks To Complete Project]
Shipping calculation: city, state, zip code ( I can ship international)*
IF YOU DO NOT SUBMIT THIS INFORMATION , I CAN NOT GIVE YOU A QUOTE.

ON MY WEBSITE , there is a calendar of my booking list.

MARCH IS FULLY BOOKED!!!!!!!!!!

PROJECTS COMPLETED:
- Door Mouse from Alice in Wonderland ( OCT 2012)
-Final Fantasy 12 - Tifa ( OCT 2012)
- Doctor Who Time Lord ( OCT 2012)
- Assassin Creed 3 Connor ( OCT 2012)
- Ghost in the Shell - Major( DEC 2013)
- Ty Lee from The Last Airbender ( DEC 2013)
- Twisted Metal - Sweet Tooth ( JAN 2013)
- Advent Children - Cloud ( JAN 2013)
CURRENT PROJECTS:
- Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII SHELKE RUI ( JAN 2013)
- Unknown Series - TAKT ( MARCH 2013)
- Tales of Graces - Pascal ( MARCH 2013)
-Final Fantasy X - SHIVA ( MARCH 2013)
-Wreck It Ralph - Rancis Fluggerbutter ( MARCH 2013)
- Code Geass Dark Knight " Head Piece" (MARCH 2013)
-SAO - Yuuki Asuna ( ALO Undine ) MARCH 2013
-Pokemon - Champion Iris ( APRIL 2013)
-BORDERLANDS 2 - AXTON's Foot Wear ( APRIL 2013)
FULLY BOOKED FOR MAY 2013
-Trigun - Vash the Stampede ( MAY 2013)
-Devil May Cry - Vergil (MAY 2013)
-League of Legend - Miss Fortune(MAY 2013)
-Final Fantasy - Vivi's Hat ( MAY 2013)
-Jinrui wa suitai Shimashita - Watashi ( MAY 2013) JUST ADDED!
-Fire Emblem Awakening -Lucina ( AUGUST 2013) JUST ADDED!

- Mortal Kombat - Jade ( No Deadline 2013)

___________________________METHODS OF PAYMENT_______________________
I accept payments through paypal orders. I will always set up an invoice with each project commission for my client to provide a legitimate documentation of our agreement.

SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY.

Once an invoice is sent, the person will have up to 3 days to pay or invoice will be cancelled. There has been issues where a person will have me send invoice but doesn't pay or will request payment method. I will only accept payments of 2 ( production cost or fabric|material cost). Full payment is preferred. Allow 4 to 6 weeks for project to be completed. I will not start until I have full payment. It causes much trouble if you aren't able to pay after I create invoice. It messes up % with tax and my whole organize system. Paypal will cancel that # order completely and the # system will be destroyed.
Please be considerate of this!
Thank You!

*PLUS SIZES *( W: 8 + , M: 38 + ) : will have extra charge due to extra material cost.

NO REFUNDS, RETURNS, EXCHANGES.
However, I will offer free alterations or fixes need on my costumes for FREE as long as the client is willing to pay for shipment.

Last edited by shinaiko : 02-26-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Unread 01-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
Addy Stark

Are you able to do pleather body suits?
I was looking for someone to maybe do a Gantz suit and/or the new Psylocke costume.
Anime Expo
SD Comic Con
Japan Expo (US)
SacAnime
Unread 01-15-2013, 12:36 AM   #3
shinaiko

Yes, I can sew pleather/vinyl/ anything plastic. I am currently working on a pleather suit some what. Her's is a body suit ( no legs or arms) but it's out of pleather and the rest is stretchy jean material. Please refer to my blog to see photos.
Unread 01-15-2013, 01:20 AM   #4
Addy Stark

Okay great!
I can show you the photos of the suit via email?
Anime Expo
SD Comic Con
Japan Expo (US)
SacAnime
Unread 01-15-2013, 02:28 AM   #5
shinaiko

yes please email me with the require information mentioned above to shinaikocosplay@gmail.com !
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
Addy Stark

Thank you!
Anime Expo
SD Comic Con
Japan Expo (US)
SacAnime
Unread 01-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
SweetieRainbow

Would you be able to do an original cosplay? I am doing a MLP Gala group and have to create a dress on my own. I have some ideas but am willing to hear input and other thoughts as well.
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
lindachan21
Banned

hi im interested in getting a quote from you
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:11 AM   #9
shinaiko

Please recap the required information mentioned above to receive a quote from me.
Unread 01-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #10
lindachan21
Banned

okay pming you for the details
Unread 03-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #11
koharuxoxowuv
Endoshima Don~!

E-mailed about a comission.
Just posting in the thread because I want to make sure you get the e-mail because my e-mail was being very weird and I had to try two different e-mails.

Thanks !
Friday: Reese (Animal Crossing)
Saturday: Mario(Sisters Rendition)