Unread 07-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #6137
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misseeriechan View Post
Me hostile? Hostile is--

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #6138
Serenith
~Nyah Nyah~

It annoys me a lot when people repeat my advice rather just agree with me.

Unread 07-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #6139
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I almost had my cousin's son asleep, when my other cousin said "here, let me take him. I work with kids" and scooped him off my lap.

Yes, dear cousin, you are a speech pathologist, but you forget, I am a year away from my teaching degree and babysit frequently. He didn't need to play a game, or develop language skills. He needed to take a nap. He was a cranky, over tired one year old. I hope you enjoyed his screaming.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #6140
Maurishio-kun
17 forever!!

Years ago people used to promise me when I became older I'd be more free and I could take my own decisions...

LIE!!!

- I love to wear anime clothes, but "fashion experts" say I should wear more mature clothes because I'm too old for that (Watch "What Not To Wear" and you'll know what I mean)

- I love to draw OCs and fanart, but they say I should stop cause I'm too old for that.

- I want to date someone for having cute, fun and memorable moments, but people want me to look her as a potential wife to have sex and kids with.

- I prefer to walk, but people can't stand seeing it and they want me to have a car.

- I love to play body-moving hobbies, but people say these are for kids.

- I love to watch anime and cartoons, but people say "you're too old for that".

- If I hang out with younger people they say "YOU'RE SO CREEPY!!!"

- I love to listen to jpop, but they say "that's for people 15-25"

WHERE THE HELL IS MY FREEDOM???

"I have two dreams in my life: Going to Japan and throwing eggs to Jeannie Mai."

Last edited by Maurishio-kun : 07-07-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Maurishio-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #6141
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

But are people actually actively doing things to stop you from doing any of the above? If not, there's your freedom after all. Give them a resounding fuck you and continue doing what you want to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #6142
Maurishio-kun
17 forever!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
But are people actually actively doing things to stop you from doing any of the above? If not, there's your freedom after all. Give them a resounding fuck you and continue doing what you want to.
Well, they do in the walk one, specially my workmates, the rest is from comments I've seen on TV (as I said in the clothes one) read on Internet, some of them directed to me, some of them don't.

"I have two dreams in my life: Going to Japan and throwing eggs to Jeannie Mai."

Last edited by Maurishio-kun : 07-07-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Maurishio-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #6143
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I have a co-worker who walks everywhere. We all bully her into accepting rides in really hot/cold weather or really late at night. It's a 4 mile walk to her house from the store, we don't want to see her on the news.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #6144
Amanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurishio-kun View Post
Years ago people used to promise me when I became older I'd be more free and I could take my own decisions...

LIE!!!

- I love to wear anime clothes, but "fashion experts" say I should wear more mature clothes because I'm too old for that (Watch "What Not To Wear" and you'll know what I mean)

- I love to draw OCs and fanart, but they say I should stop cause I'm too old for that.

- I want to date someone for having cute, fun and memorable moments, but people want me to look her as a potential wife to have sex and kids with.

- I prefer to walk, but people can't stand seeing it and they want me to have a car.

- I love to play body-moving hobbies, but people say these are for kids.

- I love to watch anime and cartoons, but people say "you're too old for that".

- If I hang out with younger people they say "YOU'RE SO CREEPY!!!"

- I love to listen to jpop, but they say "that's for people 15-25"

WHERE THE HELL IS MY FREEDOM???
I would have pretty harsh words for anyone who gave me shit for wearing the things I like to- I've got some awesome pieces from fanplusfriend.com, gorgeous bohemian style dresses, some ethnic pieces, and some neat things I've designed and made myself.

The hosts of "What not to Wear" say that anyone over 30 shouldn't wear "attention getting" clothes. I say "Screw that with a chili-doused dildo!"
Since when did creative expression, or dressing like something other than a drone have an expiry date? During the age where a lot of people get creative with clothes, I simply wasn't allowed to. I was getting ruthlessly picked on in school, and my parents and misguided guidance councilors thought that the ideal solution was to make a chameleon out of me. Their instructions could be summed up like this:
Say "good morning" to people
Don't do anything that might draw attention
Don't say anything that might draw attention
And for the love of heaven, don't WEAR anything that might draw attention

So to me, creative expression through clothing is one way of reclaiming the voice denied me for so long. It's a way of saying that I won't blend in with the goddamn pavement anymore, out of fear of what somebody might say.

Personally, I think the fact that some people think that creative outlets such as drawing, clothing, and others have some sort of arbitrary "expiration date" very sad.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #6145
belligerent
Viking Metal

I'm in a really dark place right now and can't really talk about it.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #6146
Shana05
Survivor

So that guy I ranted about a few months ago started messaging me again. So far I've told him I want nothing to do with him and I don't believe his "I was hacked by me ex" excuse. I also told him why I didn't want to date him in the first place, he has a voice similar to the man who harassed me out of a job so simply hearing you talk brings back bad memories.

I probably will block him eventually but right now I like telling him off.

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 05:27 AM   #6147
Khorrupt

I've been having weird, unpleasant dreams lately so I started sleeping with my desk lamp on and they're not happening since I started doing that. I'm a light sleeper, though, so I end up waking up around five or six to turn it off when there's real light coming in the window.

...I'm just not happy right now.
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #6148
ToxicMelodies
Nyan Nyan Neko Chan!

Very... Very long rant ahead!

I've always wanted to die... Not saying I'm going to kill myself or anything, I just feel that life isn't my cup of tea right now.. [I had to stay in a hospital for a week because of saying that about a year ago] And there's guy I've liked for years now... we've dated in the past... and things happened and stuff and time passed and we started talking again... and about two months ago I asked him out... and well we got together... and I always had the feeling that there wasn't something right... And I was happy... I didn't think about dying.. And there's this game we would play together... and there's this chick he was talking to on there... they were getting along.. too, too well for just "friends".. About a week and a half ago he broke up with me saying I was too young, but we're perfectly legal and within the age limit... And not even a day afterwards he gets with that chick, though he promised me he wouldn't leave me for her. Now he fucking tells me that he was only with me to make me happy, and that he didn't even love me. He complained that all I get upset about is petty worthless shit and getting with me would cease my whining. Yeah, I understand that times it is like that. I completely see that I was brought up f*king spoiled rotten and my parents let me cry and whine until I got the stupid things I wanted. Right now, I have so much bottled up shit from the past that I do get angry and upset very easily. And with being brought up the way I was, and cant help being the way I am makes it worse. I cant sleep for the life of myself and he keeps messaging me on Skype saying how f*king happy he is and now how hes f*king "ENGAGED" TO THIS F*CKING WHORE?! I can't bring myself to delete him... but the thoughts keep on getting worse... I can't mentally handle talking to a single one of my friends without having some kind of weird mood swing... I cry every night because of the things he said to me keep running through my head. And truthfully, I just want someone in my life who can help me feel better. Who can make me happy... The right person for me. I don't want to deal with stupid pathetic shit like this! I want to stop crying and not fake a smile for once! People say I should be independent and not "cling" to people... But really to me its just that I'm not able to be my own person. I need someone that can help me along the way and catch me if I fall. But I feel that I really don't have anyone to support me... I want someone who can hold me tightly.. and let me just cry and get everything out for one final time... so I don't have to deal with any of it again...
The thing is.. nobody understands...
ToxicMelodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #6149
Serenith
~Nyah Nyah~

ToxicMelodies
You need to delete that guy. He sounds like an ass who came up with a bunch of excuses to making himself feel better about breaking up with you. And while I don't know him or anyone's age here.. something sets the alert off about the whole engaged to someone you met over a game. Also him trying to rub it in your face. Seems like he's trying a little to hard to upset you. As I said, you need to delete him or at least block him so you won't receive messages. That way you know in your mind he's still there, however you're not being tortured mentally by him. Now.. I think it's good to have friends to help you through life. It's GOOD to have those kind of people to fall back on. However, I personally feel a big step in life is realizing you don't need a significant other to live life to the fullest and be happy. It's a plus to have one yes. I think it's mentally more safe rather putting all that up to whomever you're with. Because when the worse happens you crash and burn so much harder. I cannot give any hard rock advise or suggestions that I KNOW will work because I'm no professional anything. But maybe you should work on finding other things that make you happy and move the focus on other things. Time also really helps in situations like this. It's too soon to not be upset about it, and feelings don't fade that quickly.

For my own rant:
I helped a neighbor get their seizing dog to their vets. As a person who has worked for years at a Vet's hospital, I am pissed. I haven't been to this vet clinic in years, and now I remember why. They are absolute crap. The Vet that came in to talk to my neighbor was very negative. I could handle this better if she had actually sounded CONFIDENT in anything she was saying. She barely sympathized, and actually said the minimum amount that could have been said. But that wasn't all. At some point they brought us to the back to visit with the dog. The workers in the back KNEW we were there. And yet, right outside the room they were laughing and joking around. It's is SO unprofessional to act that way around a very upset, crying owner. I was two seconds away from coming out of the room and telling them to settle down.
In my clinic we work hard to make the owners comfortable when they're upset like this. Give them their space and keep things quiet. Had this happened in my own workplace, these workers would have gotten their soul ripped apart and they would have left crying. Unbelievable.

Last edited by Serenith : 07-09-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Serenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #6150
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

A dude I fancied molested me just over a year ago and I live in constant fear of seeing him again. He haunts my dreams almost every night. It's been a year and three months, please release me from your toxic grip and let me be happy.
Friday: Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends)
Saturday: Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill)
Sunday: Lady Two (Drakengard 3)
Monday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.

Formerly Clementine.
mmmeggg is offline   Reply With Quote