Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 12-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
Touya no miko
TnM

Coordination help!

Close up of print:

So recently got this JSK from BTSSB. It's so beautiful, but ideas for coordinating have left me stumped. I'm not sure if the typical white or black blouse would suit it, since I'm afraid it would look unbalanced. The coloring is all red and lavender. Any ideas for blouse, headdress (prefer headbands and bows), and socks (no tights please)?

Seras Victoria-Blood version
Mulan

Last edited by Touya no miko : 12-03-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Touya no miko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-04-2013, 03:50 AM   #2
redsheep

I wouldn't wear black with it, maybe just brown for shoes. White really goes with everything, but if you can find lavender, that could work too. Here the same print is put with the chiffon babydoll ribbon blouse. And I'm thinking that or something similar would look good. So would the matching headbow if you can get your hands on it, some white and lavender socks (I'm imagining with a ribbon design), and brown shoes and purse.

Or just a white blouse, white socks with lace toppers, a burgundy head bow, and brown shoes and bag. Something similar to these in style, but Mary Janes would work fine too.

I'd personally take off the lighter red bows since they don't really match and would make the dress easier to coordinate, but I know it's brand and people don't like to alter it, but that's just me.
redsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

I'm going to agree with Redsheep but add on...and try not to ramble. (And hopefully make sense.)

If you wanted to add something to a maroon head bow, adding in a lavender or red rose fascinator or clip could also work...I've noticed that they've been fairly popular lately. I think an ice themed tiara or crown could be really nice with this print. It'd also be cool if you could find a way to tie in the snowflakes, maybe using a light colored bolero or caplet. I've also seen some nice deer themed rings and accessories, that would work as well.

(All of these might be more elaborate than you're probably looking for though..oops.)

If you leave the red bows on the jsk, it'd be a lot easier to tie the red into the rest of the coord with a ring or maybe a purse, wrist cuffs or even red tea parties...or whatever shoes you like best. It'd make it seem less out of place. That might just be me though.
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote