Nodoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2016, 01:58 PM   #347
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodoka View Post
Me too, my icon refuses to change no matter what ... so weird
Are you talking about a costume icon? Most likely the old icon is being served from your browser's cache. If so, do a hard refresh of the page (CTRL-F5) to make sure it clears your cache.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2017, 06:36 AM   #348
GraceHound
Nikki V

I've been trying since last night to upload some photos to my Angela Orosco folder, but I think they might be too big and I have absolutely no idea how to go about resizing them. ;_; I don't have Photoshop or anything like that.
GraceHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2017, 10:03 AM   #349
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceHound View Post
I've been trying since last night to upload some photos to my Angela Orosco folder, but I think they might be too big and I have absolutely no idea how to go about resizing them. ;_; I don't have Photoshop or anything like that.
I don't have anything bookmarked to list here, but if you do a google search for online photo resize tools there are a few available in-browser.

Also, for a free alternative to Photoshop, look for GIMP.
Unread 05-11-2017, 09:24 PM   #350
Zoeyromanov

Just wondering, how come when I see the preview of the photos I've uploaded it's flipped sideways instead of being viewed right side up? And when I click on it I can see it in its proper orientation? The first couple of images I've uploaded were fine, now this has been happening to the couple of images I've posted recently.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
Trickstar Sweet Devil, Yugioh [Fan Expo 2019]
Trickstar Band Sweet Guitar, Yugioh [Fan Expo 2019]

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / Twitter

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too." -- Wonder Woman, Justice League War

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
BIRD POWER!
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2017, 11:21 PM   #351
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeyromanov View Post
Just wondering, how come when I see the preview of the photos I've uploaded it's flipped sideways instead of being viewed right side up? And when I click on it I can see it in its proper orientation? The first couple of images I've uploaded were fine, now this has been happening to the couple of images I've posted recently.
No idea - on my end (in 3 different browsers) it's showing the last 4 images you uploaded as sideways for both the thumbnail and the image. Nothing in our image uploading would change the orientation.

Are you making sure to upload them with the image already properly oriented? Some image viewing/catalogue software will automatically flip images by reading the EXIF from the file, but when you upload the image it will disregard that EXIF info.
Unread 05-12-2017, 05:10 PM   #352
Zoeyromanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
No idea - on my end (in 3 different browsers) it's showing the last 4 images you uploaded as sideways for both the thumbnail and the image. Nothing in our image uploading would change the orientation.

Are you making sure to upload them with the image already properly oriented? Some image viewing/catalogue software will automatically flip images by reading the EXIF from the file, but when you upload the image it will disregard that EXIF info.
Yes, I've taken all of them in a right side up orientation. Oh I see, does it matter as to where you uploaded images from (iPod, computer ect)?. If it's not the site then it looks like I have to reupload my images.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
Trickstar Sweet Devil, Yugioh [Fan Expo 2019]
Trickstar Band Sweet Guitar, Yugioh [Fan Expo 2019]

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / Twitter

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too." -- Wonder Woman, Justice League War

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
BIRD POWER!
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2017, 03:56 AM   #353
Nodoka
Nodoka

Costume icons doesn't change anymore :/ even after few days... whyyyy
Nodoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2017, 05:01 AM   #354
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodoka View Post
Costume icons doesn't change anymore :/ even after few days... whyyyy
It's usually a cache issue, try hitting Ctrl-F5 on the page and it should reload the new one.
Unread 11-04-2017, 05:30 PM   #355
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeyromanov View Post
This is normally an issue with what device has taken the photo, compared to where it's uploading. This site as well as devianart both do this. When I took photos on certain semi older smartphones, like back in 2013 or so, when uploading, they would do basically whatever they wanted. If they turned, I would go into paint or whatever other software, and turn them to whatever the degrees in the opposite direction.
For example, if you have a vertical image, say from a phone held in a vertical orientation, and the uploaded image spins 90 degrees to the right, so now the top of the image is on the right instead of the top, then spin it 90 degrees to the left, so when it does it's right spin, it'll now orientate correctly. This is the simplest solution.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote